Subject: Java LDAP Application Program Interface

From: Morteza Ansari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 11:55:56 -0800

Rob,

In sections 4.6.7, 4.26.1, 4.38.1, and 4.40.1, "host" is defined as a
hostname or dotted string which may include trailing colon and port
number.  This does not allow IPv6 addresses to be specified, and should
be changed to comply with RFC 2732:

      host          = hostname | IPv4address | IPv6reference
      ipv6reference = "[" IPv6address "]"

For example:

      "[FEDC:BA98:7654:3210:FEDC:BA98:7654:3210]:80"
      ldap://[3ffe:2a00:100:7031::1]:1050/o=abc

Cheers,
Morteza

---

From: Rob Weltman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 13:14:26 -0800

That's true. As I understand it, the IPv6-formatted host addresses should work.

Rob