Subject: subentry visibility

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:15:32 -0800

At the LDAPext there was a brief discussion regarding subentry
visibility and the affect of a subentry visibility control.  I
made the following suggestion as to the visibility of subentries:

In absence of the subentry visibility control, subentries are
not visible UNLESS the target/base of the operation is a subentry.

In presence of the subentry visibility control, ONLY subentries
are visible when TRUE and ONLY entries are visible when FALSE.
That is, in presence of the visibility control, the semantics
are in accordance with the X.500 common argument subentry
visibility control.

Kurt

---

From: "Timothy Hahn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 03:36:29 -0500

Kurt,

FWIW, I agree with this approach.

Regards,
Tim Hahn

Internet: [email-masked]
Internal: Timothy Hahn/Endicott/IBM@IBMUS or IBMUSM00(HAHNT)
phone: 607.752.6388     tie-line: 8/852.6388
fax: 607.752.3681

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]> on 12/12/2000 01:15:32 PM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:  subentry visibility

Kurt