Subject: draft-ietf-ldup-inheritance-00.txt

From: "Ed Reed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:56:32 -0700

Please publish the attached new internet draft.

Abstract:

There are several possible ways to manage inheritance of policy 
information in a directory service.  This document describes several 
known mechanisms and recommends one for general use that can be 
implemented using [LDUP]. 

To the LDUP and LDAPEXT working groups:

This is the draftified version of my notes on inheritance mechanisms
for which there is already discussion taking place on the mailing lists.
I've broken out this inheritance discussion from the LDAP Subentries
internet draft so as to keep the two discussions separate and on-track.

To the LDUP and LDAPEXT chairs:

I'd appreciate a short time to discuss this document in one or both
work group meetings in Minneapolis, if you think that appropriate.

To Rick:

Here's wondering if it arrives in base64 encoding for you ;-)

Regards,
Ed

=================
Ed Reed
Reed-Matthews, Inc.
+1 801 796 7065
http://www.Reed-Matthews.COM