Subject: Deadline warning!

From: John Strassner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 09:11:18 -0800

Hello to all current and prospective LDUP I-D authors,

The deadline for new draft submissions for the Minneapolis
meeting is 23 February at 5pm EST.  I would note that we
agreed that the following NEW drafts are on the docket
for this meeting:

   Mar 01  Submit I-D on LDAPv3 Mandatory Replica Management.
   Mar 01  Submit I-D on LDAPv3 Multi-Master Replication Profile.
   Mar 01  Submit I-D on LDAPv3 Master-Slave Replication Profile.

Existing drafts must be submitted by March 2.

Please note, however, that the IETF does the bulk of its
work via email discussions. Note, as well, that the IETF
meetings are not for technology presentations but rather
for face time to resolve outstanding issues.  Not that
anyone has done such a presentation in LDUP so far, but
there is something to be said for paranoia. ;-) What
should be inferred from this is that the meeting
deadlines should probably not be regarded as having some
necessary relationship to progression of the deliverables.
For those who have material that they feel needs attention in
Minneapolis, it would be useful to get your drafts in early
enough for us to be able to get a handle on what the
outstanding issues are in advance of the meeting.

thanks and kind regards,
John + Chris