Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rharrison-lburp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 07:44:47 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LDAP Bulk Update/Replication Protocol
	Author(s)	: R. Harrison, J. Sermersheim, Y. Dong
	Filename	: draft-rharrison-lburp-03.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 06-Mar-01
	
The LDAP Bulk Update/Replication Protocol (LBURP) described in this
document allows an LDAP client (a genuine client or an LDAP server
acting as a client) to perform a bulk update to a replica on an LDAP
server. The protocol groups a set of update operations using the
LDAP framed protocol requests defined in [FRAMING] to notify the
client that the update operations in the framed set are related.
The update operations within the framed set are LDAPv3 extended
operations each encapsulating a sequence number and one or more
LDAPv3 update operations.  The sequence number allows the server to
process the update operations in the proper order even when they are
sent asynchronously by the client, and the update operations can be
grouped within the extended request to maximize the efficiency of
client-server communication.
The protocol may be used to initialize all of the entries in an LDAP
replica or to incrementally update the existing entries in an LDAP
replica. It is suitable for client utilities that need to
efficiently initialize a replica with many entries or efficiently
make a substantial set of update changes to a replica. It is also
suitable as a protocol for replication between a single master
replica and its slave replicas.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rharrison-lburp-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rharrison-lburp-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rharrison-lburp-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.