Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-good-ldap-changelog-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 06:29:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Definition of an Object Class to Hold LDAP Change 
                          Records
	Author(s)	: G. Good, L. Poitou
	Filename	: draft-good-ldap-changelog-02.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 23-Jul-01
	
In order to support more flexible replication methods, it is
desirable to specify some manner in which an LDAP client may retrieve
a set of changes which have been applied to an LDAP server's
database.  The client, which may be another LDAP server, may then
choose to update its own replicated copy of the data.  This document
specifies an object class which may be used to represent changes
applied to an LDAP server.  It also specifies a method for
discovering the location of the container object which holds these
change records, so that clients and servers have a common rendezvous
point for this information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-good-ldap-changelog-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-good-ldap-changelog-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-good-ldap-changelog-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.