Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldup-protocol-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 07:02:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the LDAP Duplication/Replication/Update Protocols Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The LDUP Replication Update Protocol
	Author(s)	: E. Stokes, G. Good, R. Harrison, T. Hahn
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ldup-protocol-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 13-Nov-01
	
The protocol described in this document is designed to allow one 
LDAP server to replicate its directory content to another LDAP 
server. The protocol is designed to be used in a replication 
configuration where multiple updateable servers are present. 
Provisions are made in the protocol to carry information that allows 
the server receiving updates to apply a total ordering to all 
updates in the replicated system. This total ordering allows all 
replicas to correctly resolve conflicts that arise when LDAP clients 
submit changes to different servers that later replicate to one 
another.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldup-protocol-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ldup-protocol-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldup-protocol-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.