Subject: Basic Access Control for LDAP

From: "Steven Legg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:02:26 +1100

Folks,

I've submitted two I-Ds that together describe a profile of the X.500
Basic Access Control and Simplified Access Control schemes for use in LDAP.
Both drafts are now available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Access Control Administration in LDAP
	Author(s)	: S. Legg
	Filename	: draft-legg-ldap-acm-admin-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 22-Feb-02
	
This document adapts the X.500 directory administrative model for use
by the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.  The administrative
model partitions the Directory Information Tree for various aspects
of directory data administration, e.g. subschema, access control and
collective attributes.  The generic framework that applies to every
aspect of administration is described, along with the particular
definitions that support Access Control administration.  This
document does not define a particular access control scheme.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-legg-ldap-acm-admin-00.txt

	Title		: Basic and Simplified Access Control in LDAP
	Author(s)	: S. Legg
	Filename	: draft-legg-ldap-acm-bac-00.txt
	Pages		: 41
	Date		: 22-Feb-02
	
An access control scheme describes the means by which access to
directory information and potentially to access rights themselves may
be controlled.  This document adapts the X.500 directory Basic Access
Control and Simplied Access Control schemes for use by the
Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-legg-ldap-acm-bac-00.txt

Cheers,
Steven