Subject: LCUP and PSearch on Sync-And-Persist

From: Mircea Pana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:25:35 -0500

Both LCUP and PSearch are unclear on the order of results sent back to a
client in case of a sync-and-persist search request. An order seems to
be suggested but not formally recommended.

If a client issues a search requests with the appropriate control and
specifies updateType=synchronizeAndPersist (LCUP) or changesOnly=FALSE
(PSearch), in response the server will start by sending all the data
needed to synchronize the client. If a change occurs to an entry which
satisfy the search criteria while the server is still synchronizing the
client then:
1. the server will pause the synchronization, sent that changed entry to
the client and then resume the synchronization
-or-
2 (suggested). the server will queue the changed entry and sent it to
the client after the synchronization is completed
-or-
3. the server will ignore the change

Which one of the above is recommended by LCUP / PSearch?
How is a client informed that the synchronization is complete and the
only results that it may eventually receive are changes?

Regards,
Mircea Pana.