Subject: Re: LDAP ACM in security considerations (RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldup-replica-req-11.txt)

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 11:07:59 -0800

[revised to fix typos]

As noted in previous discussions, the access control model
is only one of the security models which impacts the
replication.  To address this, I suggest the security
consideration section be replaced with:

  This document includes security requirements (listed in
  section 4.8 above) for the replication model and protocol. As
  noted in Section 3, interoperability may be impacted when
  replicating among servers that implement non-standard
  extensions to basic LDAP semantics. Security- related and
  general LDAP interoperability will be significantly impacted
  by the degree of consistency with which implementations
  support existing and future standards detailing LDAP security
  models, such as a future standard LDAP access control model.

Other future standard security models could be listed as
well, but one example is sufficient.

Kurt