Subject: LCUP issue: Does entryDeleted break the protocol?

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:38:50 -0600

The description for entryDeleted states at first that it indicates that
the entry being returned has been deleted--then goes on to say that it
also might indicate that the entry has left the result set. In the case
of it being due to the entry has left the result set, we need to answer
these:
1) If due to a rename, what DN is used (old or new)
2) If the entry is not in the result set, doesn't it break the LDAP
protocol to return it (it doesn't match the filter)?

Jim

---

From: "Liben, Michael (GTS)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:07:27 -0400

Result sets are often intermediate 'snapshots' that reflect the result of a query at some point in time. If it is possible that the data is no longer in the result set, it would be appropriate to
refresh the result set. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Sermersheim [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 12:39 AM
To: [email-masked]; Jim Sermersheim
Subject: LCUP issue: Does entryDeleted break the protocol?

Jim