Subject: Re: LCUP issue: sync, then sync and persist

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 23:51:37 -0600

I don't get it... A synchronizeAndPersist session should return the
complete copy, then drop into the "persist" mode. What am I missing?

Jim

>>> "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]> 09/03/02 11:50PM >>>
At 10:23 PM 2002-09-03, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
>Why is there a suggestion in Section 6 to "perform an initial
>synchronization...(synchronizeOnly)" and then immediately perform a
>synchronizeAndPersist session? Why not just perform a
>synchronizeAndPersist session to begin with?

Because the client has no other way to determine that
it presently has a complete copy of the DIT fragment.

Kurt

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 23:11:00 -0700

>complete copy, then drop into the "persist" mode. What am I missing?

A sync to persist transition notification.