Subject: Re: LCUP: updating cookie when no entries are to be sent

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:14:31 -0600

Right, I think the draft acknowledges that (This feature allows updating
the client's cookie when there are no changes that effect the client's
data store). The wording following that statement needs some rework. I
believe it intends to say that even though an entry is being returned,
it doesn't mean that entry was changed. Furthermore, it suggests that
the root of the search be used as the entry (I think).

Jim

>>> "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]> 09/03/02 10:03PM >>>

At 08:09 PM 2002-09-03, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
>Isn't that what the stateUpdate boolean is used for? Maybe the draft
>should instruct the client to not assume that the search result entry
>represents a change of any kind

No.  The stateUpdate flag is a control which must be attached
to an entry.  There may be no entries to send.

Kurt

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 21:40:07 -0700

At 09:14 PM 2002-09-03, Jim Sermersheim wrote:

>data store).

But it also doesn't allow the server to send a cookie after
completing synchronization set of zero entries.

>The wording following that statement needs some rework. I

What if no entry (presently) matches the filter?