Subject: ID-ACTIONs on UM

From: "Glenn Parsons"<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:33:50 -0500

Folks,

These drafts discuss some general unified messaging (UM) client issues that
I think would be worth discussing at both the FAX and VPIM WGs.

After some discussion, I suggest we need to decide between the following:
a) create a new BOF/WG to work on UM
b) recharter VPIM and/or FAX to work on this
c) close and combine VPIM and FAX into a new UM WG to work on this and
remaining VPIM/FAX topics 

Cheers,
Glenn Parsons
VPIM WG Chair

  <<[VPIM] I-D ACTION:draft-vaudreuil-um-issues-00.txt>>  <<[VPIM] I-D
ACTION:draft-burger-um-reqts-00.txt>> 

Subject: [VPIM] I-D ACTION:draft-vaudreuil-um-issues-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 06:20:56 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Messaging profile for telephone-based Messaging 
                          clients
	Author(s)	: G. Vaudreuil
	Filename	: draft-vaudreuil-um-issues-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 21-Feb-02
	
This document discussed issues and requirements for a profile of the 
IMAP 4, message submission, and notification protocols for use by 
telephone user interfaces delivering the traditional voice mail user 
experience.  Experience with IMAP 4 and voice mail systems has shown 
quite a few limitations that may be addressed by protocol extensions and 
standardized conventions between clients and servers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vaudreuil-um-issues-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vaudreuil-um-issues-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vaudreuil-um-issues-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 06:19:56 -0500

Subject: [VPIM] I-D ACTION:draft-burger-um-reqts-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 06:20:46 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Internet Unified Messaging Requirements
	Author(s)	: E. Burger
	Filename	: draft-burger-um-reqts-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 21-Feb-02
	
Internet Unified Messaging brings together the body of work done in 
VPIM, FPIM, IMAPEXT, and other IETF work groups.  The goal is to 
provide a single infrastructure, mailbox, and set of interfaces for 
a user to get, respond to, and manipulate all of their messages, no 
matter what the media or source.  This document describes the 
requirements for providing such a service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-burger-um-reqts-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-burger-um-reqts-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-burger-um-reqts-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 06:19:56 -0500

---

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:24:13 +0900 (JST)

Glenn,

Thanks for your suggestion.

> I think would be worth discussing at both the FAX and VPIM WGs.

Yes.

> remaining VPIM/FAX topics 

One idea, I think.

Anyway, the time for this topic is necessary at FAX WG meeting.
I think we can arrange 10-20 minutes.

> ACTION:draft-burger-um-reqts-00.txt>> 

Regards,
--
Hiroshi Tamura, Co-chair of IETF-FAX WG
E-mail: [email-masked]

-
This list is maintained by Snowshore Networks - http://www.snowshore.com
All comments on this list are the comments of the message originators and
Snowshore is not to be held responsible for any actions or comments found
on this list. The archives for this list can be found at
http://flyingfox.snowshore.com/um_archive/maillist.html

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:58:40 -0800

ID-ACTIONs on UMI have long thought (c) would be best.  I think the
application area directors would also prefer (c), as it reduces the number
of working groups.

-d
  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Glenn Parsons
  Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 8:34 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Cc: IETF VPIM List; [email-masked]
  Subject: ID-ACTIONs on UM

  Folks,

  These drafts discuss some general unified messaging (UM) client issues
that I think would be worth discussing at both the FAX and VPIM WGs.

  Cheers,
  Glenn Parsons
  VPIM WG Chair