Subject: [UM] Media Size and SNAP Updates for Lemonade meeting (IETF 56)

From: Erev Ari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:10:22 +0200

Hello Eric, Glenn and all,

I have changed my plans in the last minute, and as a result, I will not
attend this IETF meeting in SF.  :(
I appologize for the late notice, but the decision was taken very late, and
I could not let Eric know in time (before publishing the Lemonade Agenda).

Here are some relevant updates for the lemonade meeting:

1. MediaSize  (draft-shveidel-mediasize-02.txt)

   Draft updated on 02/03.
   The update reflects the feedback from last IETF, mainly that the "Media
Size" is on a "Message-Context" level.
   If there is no new input, I think the document is ready. We did not
receive any meaningful input in the last few months.

2. SNAP:

Noam Shapira's and my original intention was to try and define the minimum
requirements that SNAP needs to meet in order
to be accepted as Lemonade's notification protocol.

It seems that Lisa Dusseault's draft (server-to-server event pipeline
protocols requirement) addresses this issue and defines such requirements.
Unfortunately we missed this draft submission and only saw it today for the
first time.
We will make an effort to respond to the draft before the lemonade meeting
on Thursday.

>From a quick look at the draft it is quite evident that Lisa's requirements
are much more general (and trying to address many application areas). This
was not the original agenda of the SNAP work (actually, the option of having
a "general notification" protocol was discussed and rejected in one of the
IETF VPIM meetings).

We will have to consider the SNAP work based on the acceptance and feedback
of Lisa's draft requirements.

Based on the above, there is nothing else to update about SNAP. 

Regards,
Ari Erev