Subject: [UM] draft-stebrose-mmsarch-00.txt

From: "Alan K. Stebbens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:00:05 -0800

Hello Lemonade folks,

Attached is a draft I-D: draft-stebrose-mmsarch-00.txt (which I've also
submitted to the RFC Editor), for which the abstract follows:

   The increasing importance of messaging as a potential source of
   revenue for mobile networks has led operators to build or procure
   mobile messaging solutions.  Some operators have built mobile
   messaging solutions using IETF standards (IMAP, SMTP, MIME).  Another
   solution has been developed by consensus in the 3GPP and OMA groups,
   based on MIME, HTTP methods and WAP PUSH, which has been deployed by
   many operators.

   This document presents a taxonomy of messaging architecture
   components and models, providing a comparison of their feature sets.
   It also identifies the commonalities of these mobile messaging
   solutions and abstracts from these a set of mobile messaging
   requirements.

   The information is provided to inform and encourage future discussion
   of and improvements to Internet messaging in order to increase their
   applicability to mobile messaging systems.

My colleague, Milt Roselinsky, and I will be presenting on this topic at
LEMONADE WG at the upcoming IETF.  I look forward to our ensuing
discussions.

-- 
Best regards,
 Alan K. Stebbens <[email-masked]>
 Messaging Architectures & Standards
 Openwave Systems, Inc.
 Cell: +1.805.886.8886  Voice/Fax: +1.866.579.0801
 Desk: +1.805.884.3162
 Yahoo IM: alan_stebbens   AIM: akstebbens