Subject: [lemonade] Preparing WGs for the upcoming meeting in Vienna

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 17:53:56 -0400

This is good advice, which I'm forwarding for your perusal.

Don't forget to check out appropriate drafts.  You can find them off of the charter pages or in the I-D directory off of the ietf.org home page.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wed, June 11, 2003 12:56 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Preparing WGs for the upcoming meeting in Vienna

Greetings again. The meeting in Vienna in a few weeks will probably
be the first for many of the people in your WGs. A little WG-wide
nudge a few weeks before the face-to-face meeting might get more
effective results. This might be a good time to send a message to the
WG mailing list, wearing your WG hat, reminding folks:

- Newcomers can learn a lot ahead of time by reading the Tao of the
IETF at <http://www.ietf.org/tao.html>. The newcomer orientation on
Sunday (this year, at 1PM) is useful, but it is even more useful if
they have read the Tao first.

- It is a good idea to at least skim the WG archives for the past
four months before the meeting to help  prevent rehashing items that
have already been decided and to help focus on items that need more
review.

- Similarly, it is a good idea to re-read the WG's charter before the
meeting. Heck, many WG chairs could get value from this...

- Many IETF areas have area-wide meetings. People who are interested
in more than just one WG can get a feel for what is happening in
other areas by going to these meetings.

- The "Note Well" notice is serious. It can be found at
<http://www.ietf.org/overview.html>, and will be given on paper in
the registration packets.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade