Subject: [lemonade] FYI: BOF on Internationalized Email Addresses (IEA)

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 20:55:08 +0100

At the IETF in Minneapolis, there will be a BOF on Internationalized 
Email Addresses (IEA).

It is *preliminary* on the agenda on Monday, November 10, 2003 at 
1530-1730.

Chairs:  Pete Resnick, Patrik Fältström
Mailing list:[email-masked] (other salient lists include [email-masked])
Agenda:

Agenda Bashing (Chairs)                5 min.
Topic Introduction (Chairs)           10 min.
Proposals
   IDNA-Based (Paul Hoffman)           15 min.
   Infrastructure-Based (John Klensin) 15 min.
   IRI-Based (Michel Suignard)         15 min.

Discussion                            60 min.

Topics for discussion:

   Are there other solutions which have been specified?

   The solutions present the problem at different scopes;

      Where should the IETF tackle it?

      Are some short-term, and other long-term?

      Can the solutions be staged or co-exist?

      If staged, how to migrate from one to another?

   What are the next steps for the IETF?

NB:  This BoF is exploratory in nature, and it is not intended that the 
IETF will finalize a decision in this venue.  It was proposed to foster 
a community discussion, not charter a working group or pick a winner. 
If further work is required, step one would be identifying individuals 
willing to carry that work forward.

Reading material:
   draft-hoffman-imaa-03.txt
   draft-klensin-emailaddr-i18n-01.txt
   draft-duerst-iri-04.txt

Pete and myself hope people will come with a lot of constructive 
comments and ideas.

         Patrik, co-chair of the bof

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade