Subject: [lemonade] IMAP push/pull plan

From: "Glenn Parsons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 06:43:26 -0500

Folks,

This summary is to confirm what we decided on Monday at IETF 58 and allow
confirmation by the list.

The consensus was that we want to choose one technical direction for the
forward without download requirement of the charter.  However, the room was
not comfortable making the decision without more details on the technical
details of the push model.

I suggested giving authors until this Monday, but the room was more generous
suggesting Dec 17th.  Of course, authors can have documents prepared early.
I encourage discussion on the list as soon as the documents are available.

On Dec 18th,  I propose to host a conference call to see if we have
consensus on push or pull.  The outcome of this call will be summarized for
the list so that we can reach a consensus direction before the end of the
year.

So specifically, the documents are:

IMAP push/pull comparison - author: Randy
draft-ietf-lemonade-submit-01
 - will be updated by Dec 17th
 - WG document for the chosen method and rationale
 - additional details may be included here or in separate documents

IMAP COMPOSE - author: Pete
draft-ietf-lemonade-compose
 - will be created by Dec 17th
 - WG document since used by IMAP push or pull method

IMAP pull details
    IMAP urlauth - authors:  Chris & Mark
    draft-crispin-imap-urlauth-04
    - will be updated by Dec 17th

    IMAP BURL
    draft-newman-lemonade-compose-00
    - will be updated by Dec 17th

IMAP push details - author: Randy
draft-gellens-lemonade-imap-push
- will be created by Dec 17th

Cheers,
Glenn.