Subject: [lemonade] I-D ACTION:draft-crispin-lemonade-pull-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:42:20 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Message Submission
	Author(s)	: M. Crispin
	Filename	: draft-crispin-lemonade-pull-01.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2004-2-6
	
This document describes a set of strategies to allow clients to
   submit new email messages incorporating content which resides on
   locations external to the client.  This is the so-called 'IMAP
   Pull' approach currently being considered by the LEMONADE working
   group as one solution to the 'forward without download' problem
   (that is, as a means for clients to send new messages consisting of
   or containing all or parts of previously received messages without
   having to download and upload the data).  Some of the strategies
   in this document rely upon extensions to other protocols;
   specifically URLAUTH and CATENATE in the IMAP protocol (RFC 3501)
   and BURL in the SUBMIT protocol (RFC 2476).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crispin-lemonade-pull-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-crispin-lemonade-pull-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-crispin-lemonade-pull-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:53:21 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

The -01 version (real, this time) of the Lemonade Pull document has a new 
chapter dealing with the "fcc problem" as it relates to the various 
submission strategies.

This is important, because it turns out that in real life the "sent 
messages" copy of a message is not necessarily the same as what it 
actually sent.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade