Subject: [lemonade] Comments on PUSH and PULL drafts

From: "Marcus D. Leech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:37:22 -0500

I've had a look at these two drafts, and I find that from a security
point of view, I'm
  uncomfortable with the PULL concept.  It (I think unnecessarily)
creates what I call
  "trust inflation"--the IMAP server must trust some other party to ask
for chunks of
  e-mail messages to be forwarded onwards.  Making this work "right"
requires a bunch of
  new security technology that is likely to be a fruitful spawning
ground for security
  bugs.

From an initial look at these documents, my feeling is that PUSH
represents a safer
  path.

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcus Leech                             Mail:   Dept 8M70, MS 012, FITZ
Advisor                                  Phone: (ESN) 393-9145  +1 613
763 9145
Security Architecture and Planning       Fax:   (ESN) 393-2754  +1 613
763 2754
Nortel Networks                          [email-masked]
-----------------Expressed opinions are my own, not my employer's------

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade