Subject: [lemonade] I-D ACTION:draft-maes-lemonade-p-imap-01.txt

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:39:18 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Push-IMAP Protocol (P-IMAP)
	Author(s)	: S. Maes
	Filename	: draft-maes-lemonade-p-imap-01.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2004-3-10
	
The Push-IMAP protocol (P-IMAP) defines extensions to the IMAPv4 rev1 
   protocol [RFC3501] for optimization in a mobile setting, aimed at 
   delivering extended functionality for mobile devices with limited 
   resources.  The first enhancement of P-IMAP is that unlike a standard 
   IMAPv4 Rev1 server, which relies on the client to constantly initiate 
   contact to ask for state changes, the P-IMAP server can push crucial 
   changes to a client.  In addition, P-IMAP contains extensions for 
   email filter management, message delivery, and maintaining up-to-date 
   personal information. Bindings to specific transport are explicitly 
   defined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-maes-lemonade-p-imap-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-maes-lemonade-p-imap-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-maes-lemonade-p-imap-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.