Subject: Re: [lemonade] Re: Can I offer you some lemonade?

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:02:03 -0800

At 12:57 PM -0600 2/18/04, Pete Resnick wrote:

>  The pull mechanism envisioned here is that the client issues 
> effectively a special DATA command where it can say, "Here's some 
> message headers" followed by "here's a URI to some data to insert 
> here", followed by more text or more URIs. I'm not asking about 
> limiting it to one URI scheme. I'm asking what you would think if 
> we limited it to a single URI per command, with no surrounding 
> text. That is, what would you think if composition was always done 
> elsewhere and the submit server was only ever handed a single URI 
> to a completed message?

Since the limitation you describe is a subset of the general case 
(where the client is able to issue multiple BURL commands), I'm not 
sure why it's needed or useful.  Especially if the initial version 
limits the URLs to IMAP URLs.
-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------
1.) If the document should exist, it doesn't.
2.) If the document does exist, it's out of date.
3.) Only documentation for useless programs transcends the first
    two laws.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade