Subject: [lemonade] Interim proposed agenda

From: "Glenn Parsons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:44:55 -0400

Folks,

At our proposed interim meeting, my goal is to have already decided push vs
pull.

So at this meeting I would like to spend our time (in order of priority): - summarizing the push or pull decision for extending IMAP - working out the details of forwarding messages without download based on
the chosen model - progressing work on server-server notifications - progressing work on IMAP profile 
 - progressing work on IMAP channel
 - progressing work on LEMONADE - MMS/WAP interworking

I'd appreciate comments on the agenda.

Cheers,
Glenn.

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:40:17 -0700 (PDT)

> At our proposed interim meeting, my goal is to have already decided push vs

That may be optimistic, especially for a final decision.  The two sides 
seem very far apart.  Given the overall hardening of attitudes, I don't 
think that a quick decision is going to help the WG move forward.  In a 
worse case scenario, we could have such a poisoned atmosphere that the 
entire effort will collapse.

Can't we have a cooling off period in which push vs. pull is set aside, 
and we work on the other issues instead?  As far as I can tell, none of 
the Lemonade charter items other than "forward without down" depend upon a 
decision of push vs. pull.

Perhaps after solving all the other problems (and with the benefit of 
hindsight and cooling off), the question of push vs. pull will seem 
unimportant and easy to solve.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade