Subject: [lemonade] CATENATE and drafts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:48:55 -0500

Back in April there was a short thread regarding how to make CATENATE draft friendly. Has this been resolved?

For reference this post seems to ask the summary question that appears not to have been answered.
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/lemonade/current/msg00515.html

Mike

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:46:47 -0700 (PDT)

> draft friendly. Has this been resolved?

I believe that, for the most part, Lemonade has punted on this issue on 
the grounds that it is not directly germaine to Lemonade's chartered 
tasks.  The task which needed to be solved was "forward-without-download".

Those of us who care about this issue seem to believe that Lemonade's 
choice to use Pull provides sufficient flexibility for future extensions 
in the area of draft-friendliness.

I personally believe that some sort of "embedded URI" mechanism, such as I 
outlined in draft-crispin-lemonade-pull-01, will ultimately be the 
solution.  But the idea is not fully fleshed out, and there are 
substantial technical issues which need to be considered first.

I am satisfied that the current direction Lemonade is taking does not 
preclude such future work.  Preventing closed doors was my concern; I did 
not purpose to get Lemonade to take on additional problems.  Lemonade's 
charter is already quite full!

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.