Subject: [lemonade] RECONNECT 02

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:41:47 -0600

The introduction has the statement "... a model can be 
generated which will allow the user to reconnect to the 
server in a fraction of the time required for a normal 
connection"

While this is not false it leaves the impression that this 
"fraction" is large. Has it been quantified? Will the scheme
as proposed really benefit the client to the extent implied 
in the statement below, also in the introduction?

"Usability of the IMAP email client can be improved by orders of
magnitude if the IMAP client can connect/reconnect in a much
shorter time and with fewer data transfers."

I believe the answer to the later question is "no".

Mike

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade