Subject: RE: [lemonade] Fwd: Appeal of decision to standardize "Mapping Be tween the Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) and Internet Mail"

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 11:35:19 -0700

At 9:57 AM +0100 6/28/05, Dave Cridland wrote:

>  I'm fine with a "SHOULD be dropped" for MMS->Internet, but I'd like 
> a "MUST be dropped" for Internet->MMS.

I've been thinking about this for a few days.  I'm not sure we can 
justify MUST here; instead we can say SHOULD along with an 
explanation of why such headers should not be trusted, and hence 
should be dropped in the absence of specific knowledge in a specific 
environment.

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------
Justify my text?  I'm sorry but it has no excuse.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade