Subject: [lemonade] OMA liaison requested actions

From: "Glenn Parsons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 23:49:07 -0400

Folks,

As chair, this is my interpretation of the four requested actions of the
LEMONADE WG in the OMA liaison.

* Considers the OMA Mobile E-mail RD as input from the mobile community
in terms of requirements for mobile e-mail features that may affect the
LEMONADE activities.

We should consider these requirements as input (or even the basis) of
LEMONADE phase 2 goals.  Further, we should advise OMA if we see any
issues with this document.

* Provides feedback on the possible relevance of LEMONADE work

We should indicate to OMA that the LEMONADE work is very relevant and is
already chartered to work on this.  Though we need to review all the
specific requirements and potential new work items individually.  We
need to determine if the work is already underway, not yet underway but
in charter, or not underway and we need to recharter.

* Provides its view on preferred potential collaboration in order to
support one realization the OMA mobile e-mail enabler, if LEMONADE WG
considers its activities relevant to the OMA mobile e-mail enabler
requirements.

We should indicate that not only is our work relevant to the 'enabler',
but further that any work to change Internet Mail protocols (IMAP, SMTP,
etc.) should only be done in the IETF.  We should be clear on what
documents are being produced by OMA and IETF.

* Encourages its participants who work for OMA member companies to
accept the invitation to attend the OMA Mobile E-mail SWG interim
meeting

This meeting is scheduled Aug 8-9 in Paris.  I encourage all who can
change their ticket to consider attending this meeting.

Cheers,
Glenn..

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade