Subject: [lemonade] append catenate error returns

From: Peter Coates <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:22:23 -0700

I am surprised by the following paragraph in
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lemonade-catenate-05.txt
 
      Note: Use of an absolute IMAP URL or any URL that refers to
      anything other than a message or message part from the current
      authenticated IMAP session is outside of the scope of this
      document, would require an extension to this specification, and a
      server implementing only this specification would return NO to
      such a request.

I would have thought that a client sending a URL of a form that does not
meet the spec deservers a BAD response...
 
Peter
_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:32:28 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

> meet the spec deservers a BAD response...

The form/syntax of the URL meets the specification.  However, CATENATE 
does not, at the present time, require that a server implement URLs that 
refer to anything other than a message or message part from the current 
authenticated IMAP session.

This is in keeping with the limited scope of Lemonade's charter.

Nothing prevents a server from implementing more.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.