Subject: [lemonade] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-lemonade-profile-bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Enhancements to Internet email to Support Diverse Service Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Lemonade Profile
	Author(s)	: S. Maes, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-lemonade-profile-bis-05.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 2007-4-4
	
This document describes a profile (a set of required extensions,
   restrictions and usage modes) of the IMAP and mail submission
   protocols.  This profile allows clients (especially those that are
   constrained in memory, bandwidth, processing power, or other areas)
   to efficiently use IMAP and Submission to access and submit mail.
   This includes the ability to forward received mail without needing to

   download and upload the mail, to optimize submission and to
   efficiently resynchronize in case of loss of connectivity with the
   server.

   The Lemonade profile relies upon several extensions to IMAP and Mail
   Submission protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lemonade-profile-bis-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-lemonade-profile-bis-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lemonade-profile-bis-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade

---

From: Dave Cridland <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 09:52:47 +0100

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 

Just to remind people I'd really like some reviews here.

Please remember that the draft has changed radically since -04, and 
any changes I've arbitrarily made - such as mandatory support of ACAP 
- will survive into publication as an RFC unless people speak up.

And remember, an RFC is for life, not just for Easter.

Dave.
-- 
Dave Cridland - mailto:[email-masked] - xmpp:[email-masked]
  - acap://acap.dave.cridland.net/byowner/user/dwd/bookmarks/
  - http://dave.cridland.net/
Infotrope Polymer - ACAP, IMAP, ESMTP, and Lemonade

---

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 11:36:54 +0200

> - will survive into publication as an RFC unless people speak up.

I think you could simplify section 4.2 by also using the "ASN.1 in XML" 
RFCs-to-be. They're in the editor's queue, so adding a dependency on 
them won't slow down lemonade.

Seriously, I'll review the document immediately after easter.

Arnt

---

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:32:48 +0200

> Just to remind people I'd really like some reviews here.

I think you may have overlooked RFC 3691. There isn't a 'MUST support 
UNSELECT' or even a SHOULD anywhere in the document. Surely you cannot 
have decided against a possible dependency?

Arnt

---

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 14:14:19 +0200

One more thing. The profile-bis abstract doesn't say what makes this 
different from profile. Shouldn't there be a sentence of two saying why 
profile-bis exists, what profile-bis clients can do that profile 
clients can't (or can do better), etc?

Arnt