Subject: [lemonade] Publication Request: IMAP URL Scheme

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 15:59:34 +0800

DOCUMENT:
IMAP URL Scheme
draft-ietf-lemonade-rfc2192bis-07
(Standards Track)

(1.a) Document Shepherd: Eric Burger, [email-masked], personally reviewed
this document. This document is ready for publication.

(1.b) Work group review: The lemonade work group provided review of this
document.

(1.c) Further review required: This document does not need further
specialized review, as it has received review by many members of the IMAP
community.  There are no concerns regarding internationalization, as one of
the co-editors is an expert on internationalization.

(1.d.i) Document Shepherd Comfort Level: High
(1.d.ii) Document Useful and Needed: Yes
(1.d.iii) IPR Disclosures: None known

(1.e) Work Group Consensus: There is a solid WG consensus behind the
document.

Note that the document is a normative dependency of the Lemonade Profile
Bis document.

(1.f)  There are no members with objections or concerns. There are no
threats of appeal or process issues.

(1.g.i) ID-nits: Checked and verified with idnits 2.04.07; warnings are a
lack of TOC, a lack of (or rather, bizarre) page separators, an incorrectly
identified unused reference [DATETIME] which appears in an ABNF comment, and
the self-reference RFCXXXX.  The real errors of the page separators and the
self-reference are for the RFC Editor to correct.

(1.g.ii) MIB Doctor: Not applicable
(1.g.iii) Media Type: Not applicable
(1.g.iv) URI Type:   As it defines a URI scheme, it should have URI expert
review.  Ted Hardie, one of the URI experts, reviewed the document.
However, I forgot to send a note to the URI review list.  That will happen
in parallel with this request to publish.

(1.h.i)   Reference split: Yes
(1.h.ii)  Downward normative references: No
(1.h.iii) References to drafts: No

(1.i) IANA Considerations: Yes, correct, consistent, and follows RFC 3501
rules.

(1.j) ABNF: Passes Bill's ABNF parser.

(1.k) Document Announcement:

Technical Summary

  IMAP (RFC 3501) is a rich protocol for accessing remote message stores.
  It provides an ideal mechanism for accessing public mailing list
  archives as well as private and shared message stores.  This document
  defines a URL scheme for referencing objects on an IMAP server.

  This document obsoletes RFC 2192 and updates RFC 4467.

Working Group Summary
This document removed support for IMAP URLs for listing the contents of a
mailbox.  There was a clear consensus that this feature (originally
described in RFC 2192) was never implemented.

Some of the changes to the document were a result of the Lemonade
interoperability event of October 2006 held in London, England.

Document Quality

The document received several positive reviews. In particular it is
worth noting Ted Hardie and Zoltan Ordogh have done detailed reviews of the
document.  This document addresses all issues raised.

Personnel
Eric Burger shepherds this document on behalf of Chris Newman, the
responsible Area Director.  Eric Burger reviewed this document and
believes it is ready for forwarding to the IESG for publication.

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade