Subject: [lemonade] minutes of lemonade interim 16 May 2007

From: Peter Coates <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 18:12:33 -0400

In the Room:

Eric burger, Bea

Peter Coates, Sun

Darryl Champagne, Funambol

Glenn Parsons, Nortel

Brook Hayes, RIM

Randy Gellens

Pete Resnick

On the Phone:

Anil Srivastava, Sun

Arnt Gulbrandsen 

Phil Guenther

Alexey Melnikov

Chris Newman

Cyrus Daboo

Greg Vandreuil

Intent: go through docs looking at status.

Search within:

Search within in a context is a dynamic search

A static search is exact.

Plea to client writers.  If the server does not tell the client when the
updates are going to happen does the client care.

Arnt's server with have configuration option for update frequency

Eric: suggest new messages appear immediately, old messages go away
eventually

Alexey's update immediately

Long argument about the sentence about how often WITHIN gets evaluated.
Very Long.  Very very long

Eric sent to the list text con which there was a consensus in the room and
on the call.

IMAP URLS

Add element to IMAP URLS to requite TLS?  . not for now

Convert phrase in URL?  .not for now

The chairs may decide to put this to working group last call based on their
judgment on the level of churn in the document since -04

Message events

ACLs are not being discussed in the message event document.

Subscribe/unsubscribe remain separate events

AI Randy: Event names will be systematized

AI Glen: This needs to go to last call

Notify:

The draft will be modified so that notifications on message events will be
specified by mailboxes with no wild carding or subtrees or anything like
that.

Notifications on mailbox events will be on mailboxes or subtrees.

Notifications will be additive;   that is, issuing a notify command adds to
notifications already in effect unless it is a notification reset command
which clears notifications down.

If a mailbox is deleted, any subscription to notifications on that mailbox
is cancelled.

If a mailbox is renamed, subscriptions to notifications on that mailbox are
carried across (Is that what we said?)

Arnt will have -07 on Tuesday

Last call on -08

Enable goes into lemonade BIS

QRESYNCH will require ENABLE

IMAP XFilter

Alexey will push forward and see if anyone cares about this.

Context 

Useful for low bandwidth, low memory clients.  But not a lot of use without
sort.  Needs reworking with sort.

AI David: rework with sort and we'll look at it again.

There is consensus that sort to should be in profile bis

Extension to URLFETCH to return binary

This is important for streaming to make the interface between the streaming
server and IMAP "clean".

Dave AI: to do update URLETCH, N Cook to update the streaming doc to reflect
the changes.

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade