Subject: [lemonade] Correction 1 of minutes of lemonade interim 16 May 2007

From: Peter Coates <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 08:49:04 -0700

(sorry about the delay in getting these minutes out.  I hope they are an
accurate reflection of decisions taken.  If not, let me know and I'll
correct.  Similarly if I missed out a participant.

Peter.)

In the Room:

Eric burger, Bea

Peter Coates, Sun

Darryl Champagne, Funambol

Glenn Parsons, Nortel

Brook Hayes, RIM

Randy Gellens

Pete Resnick

Virtually present:

Alexey Melnikov

Chris Newman

Arnt

Abhijit Menon-Sen

Pvanhoof

Cyrus Daboo

Dave Cridland

Convert:

There was more or less a decision to remove strict.

IANA registry for transcoding parameters 

Remove dependency on metadata

What about convert to multipart. then how do you get a part of the new
multipart?

Matter left open.

AI Pete: send a message to the list with suggested syntax

Open question if IMAP URL can refer to a converted bodypart.  Or refer to
parts of converted bodypart.

Consensus is that once URLs can refer to a converted bodypart, the output
can be used in catenate, and the problem goes away

What about storage of convert capabilities: metadata, extended capability,
or.

The consensus is that this is an open issue.  For an open issue with no
strongly held opinions it was an active debate.  Leave the spec asking for
metadata for the moment.

Strict:

There was a long and rather uninformed discussion about this which
remarkably converged on an action item on Pete.

AI Pete: provide some text to Alexey on conversion.  Basically to add a
USEDEVICEINFO to give the server permission to be "helpful".  Strict gets
consigned to the dustbin of history.

IANA registration:

Open issue use conneg syntax rather than IMAP syntax (rfc 2913)

AI Glen: to work out how to map STI parameters on conneg

Notifications:

AI Peter: Peter accidentally volunteered to update the message events doc

AI Glenn & Randy to rework on the notification doc into the arch doc that is
needed, will talk to Lisa Dusseault on this.

Status:

Draft-ietf-lemonade-deployments: Chairs to deal with "discuss" comments.

Draft-ietf-lemonade-reconnect-client: new revision coming to address AD
comments

Draft-ietf-lemonade-search-within: comments

Draft-ietf-lemonade-reconnect replaced by
Draft-ietf-lemonade-reconnect-client

Draft-ietf-lemonade-firewall-binding and
Draft-ietf-lemonade-tcp-challenged-environments more than expired: now
deemed dead.

New doc called for: using convert for encryption, but not add it to -bis.  A
decision on the urgency of this is to be made by chairs.

Draft-ietf-lemonade-convert: new draft and onto WG last call

Draft-ietf-lemonade-sieve: news more work. chairs will encourage progress
and perhaps adds a co-editor

Draft-ietf-lemonade-msgevent: new draft to be produced

Draft-ietf-lemonade-notifications: new draft for internal consumption

Draft-ietf-lemonade-rfc2192bis: Alexey to produce new draft "quick fix"

Draft-ietf-lemonade-streaming: chairs to followup with editors (Eric to fins
SIP reviewer)

Draft-ietf-lemonade-context: Dave will put sort back, other comments to be
included.  Then will go to IESG  

Draft-gulbradsen-imap-notify: will be change to Draft-ietf-lemonade-notify
with revisions, then one more revision before WG last call

Draft-ietf-lemonade-profile-bis: add sort and enable to -bis plus some minor
cleanup

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade