Subject: [lemonade] Updated msgevents Draft

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 16:31:08 -0700

I've updated the msgevents draft.  I've posted it at 
<http://people.qualcomm.com/randy/id/draft-ietf-lemonade-msgevent-02-a.txt> 
to provide immediate access.  I'll be sending it in to be published 
tomorrow (Tuesday), so if you are able to read it and find anything 
that needs to be corrected, please let me know right away.

Changes from -01 to -02

    o  Add editor's note regarding deprecation of IDLE

    o  Add text indicating that mailboxes may contain Internet messages
       and/or child mailboxes

    o  Remove word "folder" from definition of "mailbox"

    o  Add editor's note regarding optionality in this document

    o  Add editor's note regarding optional vs. mandatory events

    o  Add editor's note regarding event names

    o  Remove U.S.-centric wording regarding laws

    o  Review uses of "will" and change as appropriate

    o  Clarification of server address in login event

    o  Addition of MailboxCreate, MailboxDelete, MailboxRename, and
       MailboxSubscribe events

    o  Added mailboxName parameter

    o  Moved RFC2822 from normative to informative

    o  Added IANA Considerations and reference to RFC 2434

    o  Minor grammatical improvements

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------
We like because, we love although.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 12:43:14 +0100

4.4.  Mailbox Management

   This section lists events related to the management of mailboxes.

   MailboxCreate
      A mailbox has been created.  If the mailbox creation caused the
      creation of new mailboxes earlier in the hierarchy, separate
      MailboxCreate events are not sent for those as their creation is
      implied.  The parameters include the deleted mailbox name, its
                                           ^^^^^^^
Should be "the created mailbox name".

      UIDVALIDITY for IMAP-accessible message stores, and may also
      indicate which access protocol triggered the event.  Access/
      permissions information (such as ACL settings) MAY be included.

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 15:04:34 -0700

I've updated the msgevents draft to -02.  I've posted it at 
<http://people.qualcomm.com/randy/id/draft-ietf-lemonade-msgevent-02.txt> 
to provide immediate access.

Thanks very much to Alexey for the quick review and helpful comments!

I also found a bunch other stuff to fix, so -02 is different from -02-a.
-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------
There are two kinds of light--the glow that illuminates,
and the glare that obscures.            --James Thurber

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 14:32:27 +0100

Hi Randy,
I have one more comment:

 >3. Event Model
 >
 >[[anchor9: Should event names follow a pattern of <type><specific>?
 >For example, should "AppendMessage" be "MessageAppend"?]]

I slightly prefer consistent naming, but frankly I don't care much one 
way or another. If we are going to rename events, we need to make this 
very soon, so that other documents can be brought in sync (in particular 
IMAP NOTIFY) before being last called.