Subject: Re: [lemonade] WGCL Convert-05

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 14:22:34 +0100

Ben Last wrote:

>Second issue: size of the converted data.  Our client makes use of the
>size of a body section that's to be downloaded for two reasons: first,
>we can check to see whether there is enough space to store it (and
>invoke smart storage management if required).  On a storage-limited
>device, that's important: we've seen users who are used to PCs and
>ignore the size of attachments when starting a download.  Secondly, we
>download any section in chunks (for networking and command-interleaving
>reasons) and that requires us to keep track of the current amount
>downloaded and the final amount to download.  At best, the client should
>have a way to request that size *before* requesting conversion.  Since
>the sizes resulting from different conversions may vary consierably, the
>client may want to request a set of sizes in order to determine the best
>format to download.
>
Ok, I've added CONVERT.SIZE. This will look like this:

      C: c000 FETCH 2 CONVERT.SIZE[4.STRICT ("TEXT/PLAIN" ("CHARSET"
          "us-ascii"))]
      S: * 2 FETCH (CONVERT.SIZE[4.STRICT ("TEXT/PLAIN" ("CHARSET"
          "us-ascii"))] 2135)
      S: c000 OK FETCH COMPLETED

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade