Subject: [lemonade] Document Action: 'Streaming Internet Messaging Attachments' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:08:54 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Streaming Internet Messaging Attachments '
   <draft-ietf-lemonade-streaming-13.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Enhancements to Internet email to 
Support Diverse Service Environments Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov and Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lemonade-streaming-13.txt

RFC Editor Notes:

Technical Summary

  This document describes a method for streaming multimedia attachments
  received by a resource constrained and/or mobile device from an IMAP
  server.  It allows such clients, which often have limits in storage
  space and bandwidth, to play video and audio e-mail content.  The
  document describes a profile for making use of the IMAP URLAUTH
  extension (RFC 4467), the Network Announcement SIP Media Service (RFC
  4240), and the Media Server Control Markup Language (RFC 5022).

Working Group Summary

  There is consensus in the WG to publish this document.

Document Quality

  Virtually all members of the Lemonade WG have reviewed the document,
  as well as specialized review from the SIPPING work group.

  The document has been checked manually and using idnits 2.11.04, and
  passed both checks. 

  Glenn Parsons shepherds this document, has reviewed this document, and
  believes that this version is ready for forwarding to the IESG for
  publication.  Alexey Melnikov and Chris Newman have reviewed this
  document for the IESG.