Subject: [lemonade] NOTIFY + CONTEXT

From: Timo Sirainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 08:01:20 +0300

Just wondering if I understood this feature correctly..:

RFC says:

>    No untagged FETCH response SHOULD be returned if a message becomes a
>    member of UPDATE SEARCH due to flag or annotation changes.

This basically means that only new messages get FETCH responses, right?
It also means that doing this wouldn't be very useful:

a SEARCH RETURN (COUNT UPDATE (UID BODY[HEADER])) FLAGGED

because the only time it would return the header is when a message was
saved/copied to the mailbox with the \Flagged flag already set.

I guess the only use case would be when you want to get pushed FETCH
replies for new messages that match a search query.

So a client can add a NOTIFY and multiple SEARCH UPDATEs, each one
pushing FETCH updates about new mails.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 15:11:45 +0100

> This basically means that only new messages get FETCH responses, right?
Correct. I think it says that explicitly earlier in the same section.