Subject: [link-relations] NEW APP DATA - request for Advice - WS-Calendar

From: "Toby Considine" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 06:45:40 -0500

Greetings

This is *not yet* a request.

Within the OASIS WS-Calendar TC, we have looked to several relations that
could perhaps be developed using links (RFC5988). We have called these the
"temporal relations". As it sits now, there four of the general format:

[link] [relation] [duration]

WS-Calendar generally uses semantics from RFC5545, and chains intervals
(expressed as vtodo objects) together to create sequences. While sequences
might be one after another, with no gap, they may not.

The relations are 

[finishtostart] [fs] when this interval finishes, linked interval starts.

[starttostart] [ss] when this interval starts, linked interval starts.

[finishtofinish] [ff] linked interval  may not finish until this interval
finishes.

[starttofinish] [sf] linked interval must finish before this starts.

Each of these relations *may* be accompanied by a gap, expressed as an
icalendar duration which modifies the close link described above.

If I understand the specification properly, this means that I am requesting
the above be the relation types, and that the normal format be:

[finishtostart][target IRI][ gap] 

Each object already contains an identifier, which I think could be defined
as the context IRI

Does this give you sufficient information?

tc

  _____  

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary
depends upon his not understanding it" -- Upton Sinclair. 

  _____  

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS Technical Advisory Board
TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop

U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com/
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com