Subject: [link-relations] NEW RELATION - canonical

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 20:09:41 +0200

Relation Name: canonical
Description:   A "canonical" URI is the preferred version of a set of URIs
               with highly similar content.  It is intended to help search
               engines when the same or highly similar similar content is
               available at different URIs.
Reference:     About rel="canonical"
               http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=139394
Notes:         In <http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/canonical-link-tag/> and
               <http://gregable.com/2009/02/relcanonical.html> the authors
               state that Ask, Bing, Google, and Yahoo supported canonical
               URIs as of February, 2009.

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 20:29:59 +0200

On 15.04.2011 20:09, Frank Ellermann wrote:
> Notes:         In<http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/canonical-link-tag/>  and

Frank,

we do have people at Google looking into writing a "proper" spec -- 
maybe you are willing to assist them, given your IETF know-how?

Best regards, Julian