Subject: Re: [link-relations] NEW RELATION - canonical

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 19:34:41 +0200

Hi, apparently the list archive does not yet support the cute
In-Reply-To trick explained
in the mailto: RFC (RFC 6068 section 6.1) to get the threading right,
but as there are not
many posts here (link-relations@ietf) this is hopefully no big issue.

On 2011-04-15 I posted "NEW RELATION - canonical", and one day later I
amended it by
s/similar similar/similar/.  After two weeks that's now an "ETMO"
(error time out), and
RFC 5988 offers no default accept or reject rule.

Now I would normally go directly to IANA with a pointer to the thread
here, after at most
a year they always figured out what to do with obscure registration
requests.  But section
6.2.1 in RFC 5988 explicitly insists on an appeal mailto:[email-masked]

Let's see what happens,
 Frank

---

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 20:08:23 +0200

>many posts here (link-relations@ietf) this is hopefully no big issue.

The list archive, the HTML version that is, the raw archives are also
available via FTP, has a comment at the top with the message-id, like

  <!--X-Message-Id: [email-masked] -->

which you could use to construct the mailto: reference yourself (or
someone could make, say, a bookmarklet or browser extension for it).

>s/similar similar/similar/.  After two weeks that's now an "ETMO" [...]

>Let's see what happens,

Thanks for trying that, I am curious myself.
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[email-masked] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
25899 Dagebüll · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.websitedev.de/

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 22:09:07 +0200

On 01.05.2011 19:34, Frank Ellermann wrote:
> ...

I did answer in 
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/link-relations/current/msg00186.html>, 
right?

That being said, I totally agree this is moving too slowly.

Best regards, Julian