Subject: registration request for "webmention"

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 08:43:46 +0100

hello link-relations.

https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/WD-webmention-20160301/#iana-considerations 
defines a new link relation type that should be added to the IANA link 
relation registry. here is an excerpt with the link relation type 
description:

-------------------------------------

Relation Name: webmention

Description: Identifies a target URI that supports the Webmention 
protocol. This allows clients that mention a resource in some form of 
publishing process to contact that endpoint and inform it that this 
resource has been mentioned.

Reference: W3C Webmention Specification (http://www.w3.org/TR/webmention/)

Notes: This is a similar "Linkback" mechanism to the ones of Refback, 
Trackback, and Pingback. It uses a different protocol, though, and thus 
should be discoverable through its own link relation type.

-------------------------------------

if there are any concerns or questions about this link relations type, 
please let us know.

thanks a lot and cheers,

dret.

-- 
erik wilde | mailto:[email-masked] |
            | http://dret.net/netdret    |
            | http://twitter.com/dret    |

---

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 09:21:16 +0100

hello link-relations.

a while ago this was sent to link-relations for expert review and 
feedback. is there anything missing that would help to move this forward?

thanks and cheers,

dret.

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 12:06:50 +1100

IANA, please make this registration in the Link Relations registry (template in specification linked below).

Sorry for the delay.

> On 2 Mar 2016, at 6:43 PM, Erik Wilde <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> hello link-relations.
> 
> https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/WD-webmention-20160301/#iana-considerations defines a new link relation type that should be added to the IANA link relation registry. here is an excerpt with the link relation type description:
> 
> Description: Identifies a target URI that supports the Webmention protocol. This allows clients that mention a resource in some form of publishing process to contact that endpoint and inform it that this resource has been mentioned.
> 
> Notes: This is a similar "Linkback" mechanism to the ones of Refback, Trackback, and Pingback. It uses a different protocol, though, and thus should be discoverable through its own link relation type.
> 
> if there are any concerns or questions about this link relations type, please let us know.
> 
> thanks a lot and cheers,
> 
> dret.
> 
> -- 
> _______________________________________________
> link-relations mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/link-relations

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/