Subject: [lisp] proposed LISP WG charter

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:47:08 -0800

Here's the proposed LISP WG charter. Comments greatly
	appreciated. 

	Dave

-------

LISP (Locator/ID Separation Protocol)

Last Modified: 2008-11-18

Chair(s):
 TBD

Internet Area Director(s):
 Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
 Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>

Routing Area Advisor:
 TBD

Secretary(ies):
 TBD
 
Mailing Lists:
 General Discussion: [email-masked]

Description of Working Group:

LISP and companion documents (see below) are proposals that
respond to the problems discussed at the IAB's October, 2006
Routing and Addressing Workshop [0]. The purpose of the BOF is to
form a working group whose charter (see below) is to work on the
design on the LISP base protocol [1], the LISP+ALT mapping system
[2], LISP Interworking [4] and LISP multicast [6]. The working
group will encourage and support interoperable LISP
implementations as well as defining requirements for alternate
mapping systems.

Goals and Milestones:

Mar 2010  Submit base LISP specification to the IESG for
          Experimental.

Mar 2010  Submit base ALT specification to the IESG for
          Experimental.

Mar 2010  Submit the LISP Interworking specification to the IESG
	  for Experimental.

Mar 2010  Re-charter or close.

Internet-Drafts:
	draft-farinacci-lisp-9.txt
	draft-farinacci-lisp-multicast-00.txt
	draft-fuller-lisp-alt-03.txt
	draft-lewis-lisp-interworking-01.txt

Request For Comments:
	  None

References
----------
[0]     Meyer, D. et. al., "Report from the IAB Workshop on
        Routing and Addressing", RFC 4984.

[1]     Farinacci, D. et. al., "Locator/ID Separation Protocol
        (LISP)", draft-farinacci-lisp-09.txt.

[2]	Fuller, V., et. al., "LISP Alternative Topology
	(LISP-ALT)", draft-fuller-lisp-alt-03.txt

[3]	Iannone, L., and O. Bonaventure, "OpenLISP Implementation
	Report", draft-iannone-openlisp-implementation-00.txt.

[4]	Lewis, D., et. al., "Interworking LISP with IPv4 and
	IPv6", draft-lewis-lisp-interworking-01.txt.

[5]	Mathy, L., et. al., "LISP-DHT: Towards a DHT to map
	identifiers onto locators", draft-mathy-lisp-dht-00.txt.

[6]     Farinacci, D., Meyer, D., Zwiebel, J., and S. Venaas,
	"LISP for Multicast Environments",
	draft-farinacci-lisp-multicast-00.txt.  

_______________________________________________
lisp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp