Subject: Re: [lisp] Interworking and Deployment documentation

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 14:17:45 -0500

Hi Joel,

> Do folks think we need a deployment document?
> Is anyone willing to work on or be the editor for such a document?
>
> Potential contents would seem to include:
> Placement of ITRs and ETRs (and who is responsible for managing them.)
> Structure for EID allocation.
> Placement and management of ALT routers, at the top of the hierarchy.
> Relationship between LISP EID delegation and ALT Router operations,  
> including issues of ALT-Provider lockin.
> Placement and operation of PITRs (and incentives for same.)
> Placement and operation of PETRs.
> Placement and operation of MS/MR devices.

Darrell and I did a presentation on this topic at the last IETF  
meeting, and I took an action item to write it up.  I was then  
consumed by my company (Sandstorm) being purchased by another company  
(NIKSUN).  One of the open questions during the acquisition was  
whether NIKSUN would support my ongoing IETF activities.  NIKSUN has  
decided to do so, and I am expecting to be in Anaheim.  Unfortunately,  
this was finalized too close to the cut-off to allow me to publish a  
draft before the IETF meeting, but I could put one together based on  
Darrel's and my slides and submit it after publication resumes, if you  
like.

Margaret

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 14:22:43 -0500

Please, put together a draft.  I think we will need this to address some 
of the questions folks have.

Thank you,
Joel

Margaret Wasserman wrote:
> Darrell and I did a presentation on this topic at the last IETF meeting, 
> and I took an action item to write it up.  I was then consumed by my 
> company (Sandstorm) being purchased by another company (NIKSUN).  One of 
> the open questions during the acquisition was whether NIKSUN would 
> support my ongoing IETF activities.  NIKSUN has decided to do so, and I 
> am expecting to be in Anaheim.  Unfortunately, this was finalized too 
> close to the cut-off to allow me to publish a draft before the IETF 
> meeting, but I could put one together based on Darrel's and my slides 
> and submit it after publication resumes, if you like.
> 
> Margaret
>

---

From: Darrel Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 12:43:16 -0800

I'm happy to contribute.  

-D
On Mar 2, 2010, at 11:22 AM, Joel M. Halpern wrote:

> Please, put together a draft.  I think we will need this to address some of the questions folks have.
> 
> Thank you,
> Joel
> 
> 
>>> Relationship between LISP EID delegation and ALT Router operations, including issues of ALT-Provider lockin.
>> Darrell and I did a presentation on this topic at the last IETF meeting, and I took an action item to write it up.  I was then consumed by my company (Sandstorm) being purchased by another company (NIKSUN).  One of the open questions during the acquisition was whether NIKSUN would support my ongoing IETF activities.  NIKSUN has decided to do so, and I am expecting to be in Anaheim.  Unfortunately, this was finalized too close to the cut-off to allow me to publish a draft before the IETF meeting, but I could put one together based on Darrel's and my slides and submit it after publication resumes, if you like.
>> Margaret
> _______________________________________________
> lisp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp