Subject: [lisp] LISP-TREE

From: Loránd Jakab <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:11:57 +0100

Based on an initial internal draft by Olivier Bonaventure, our team from
UCL and UPC describes a newish mapping system for LISP, based on the
existing DNS protocol. I say newish, because using DNS for a mapping
system was discussed before. The idea was dismissed because of
confusion around using the _existing_ DNS infrastructure as the mapping
system, which is not the approach we have taken. Instead, we propose a
completely separate LISP-TREE infrastructure.

Our work was recently accepted for publication in the IEEE Journal on
Selected Areas in Communications, and we could not share it before,
while under review. (Although there were references to LISP-TREE in an
RRG thread, and the paper was actually finished a few months back.)

We extended our simulations presented at IETF75 [1] to include a
comparison with LISP-TREE as well, and we hope you will find the
attached technical report useful.

Thank you,

    Loránd Jakab
    (on behalf of all authors)

[1] http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/75/slides/lisp-4.pdf