Subject: [lisp] Issue Title (number): Source of Negative Map Reply (68)

From: Darrel Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:09:54 -0700

Issue Title (number): Source of Negative Map Reply (68)
Draft Section: 6.1.5
Issue Description: Whats the source of the packet on a negative map-reply
Comments:

Section 6.1.5 EID-to-RLOC UDP Map-Reply message

    When sending a Map-Reply message, the destination address is copied
    from the source address of the Map-Request or Data-Probe message
    which is invoking the reply. The source address of the Map-Reply is
    one of the local locator addresses listed in the locator-set of any
    mapping record in the message.

What is the source address for a negative reply, which has a zero
length locator -set ? 

Response:

Dear Yakov-

Thank you for your contribution to draft-ietf-lisp-06.txt. The draft authors
have reviewed your comments but do not feel that changes to the document are
warranted at this time. The answer to this can be found in the MS spec
(draft-ietf-lisp-ms). The source of the Map-Reply is one of the map-resolvers 
IP addresses. Please feel free to continue discussion of your issue on the 
LISP working group mailing list, [email-masked]. Should discussion result in 
WG consensus that changes are required, the authors will incorporate 
appropriate text into a future version of the draft.

	Thanks!
	Darrel, for the LISP document authors