Subject: [lisp] Issue Title (number): ETR support of Map-Requests Flood(104)

From: Darrel Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:47:53 -0700

Issue Title (number): ETR support of Map-Requests Flood(104)
Draft Section: 6.1.3
Issue Description: How Many Map-Requests should an ETR support?
Comments:

Section 6.1.3

General questions on this section include what is the expected behavior when an ETR is slashdotted (i.e., is subjected to an unexpected, very high, continuous load of legitimate queries), a comparison of the failure mode in this scenario to the behavior of a non-LISP network in the same scenario, and the related question of what is considered to be
a reasonable Map-Request rate to support.

Response:

Dear Yakov-

Thank you for your contribution to draft-ietf-lisp-xx.txt. The draft authors
have reviewed your comments but are cannot determine whether changes should
be made to the document. The authors feel that the topic above might make 
an excellent research topic and the results of which might be published 
in a future 'LISP performance' draft. Please bring this issue to the LISP working 
group mailing list, [email-masked], for further discussion. Should the WG 
reach consensus that changes are required, the authors will incorporate 
appropriate text into a future version of the draft.

	Thanks!
	Darrel, for the LISP document authors