Subject: [lisp] Issue Title (number): Limiting number of headers(90)

From: Darrel Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:20:32 -0700

Issue Title (number): Limiting number of headers(90)
Draft Section: 3
Issue Description: Reincapsulation of Headers
Comments:

Section 3:

   Reencapsulating Tunnels: when a packet has no more than one LISP IP
   header (two IP headers total) and when it needs to be diverted to
   new RLOC, an ETR can decapsulate the packet (remove the LISP
   header) and prepend a new tunnel header, with new RLOC, on to the
   packet.

Why re-encapsulation is restricted to packets that only have a single level of LISP encapsulation?

Response:

Dear Yakov-

Thank you for your contribution to draft-ietf-lisp-06.txt. The draft authors
have reviewed your comments but do not feel that changes to the document are
warranted at this time. To use common jargon, re-encapsulating is is a 'pop'
 and then a 'push'. That is all that is meant.  Please feel free to continue 
discussion of your issue on the LISP working group mailing list, [email-masked]. 
Should discussion result in WG consensus that changes are required, the 
authors will incorporate appropriate text into a future version of the draft.

	Thanks!
	Darrel, for the LISP document authors