Subject: [lisp] Issue Title (number): MTU handling Stateless(100)

From: Darrel Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:28:57 -0700

Issue Title (number): MTU handling Stateless(100)
Draft Section: 5.4.1 / 5.4.2
Issue Description: Stateless vs Statefull MTU
Comments:

Regarding the "stateless" and "stateful" MTU handling solutions, there are really two orthogonal parameters at work: whether max MTU is configured (5.4.1) or learned (5.4.2) and whether the ITR does (5.4.1) or does not (5.4.2) perform fragmentation. So, there are
actually room for two more solutions in the matrix, a configured MTU + ITR that does not do fragmentation, and a learned MTU + ITR that does do fragmentation.

Response:

Dear Yakov-

Thank you for your contribution to draft-ietf-lisp-06.txt. The draft authors
have reviewed your comments but do not feel that changes to the document are
warranted at this time. Your comment above is correct, there is room for 
further solutions.  Please feel free to continue discussion of your issue 
on the LISP working group mailing list, [email-masked]. Should discussion 
result in WG consensus that changes are required, the authors will 
incorporate appropriate text into a future version of the draft.

	Thanks!
	Darrel, for the LISP document authors