Subject: [lisp] Issue Title (number): LISP Data Packet Nonce(98)

From: Darrel Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:20:50 -0700

Issue Title (number): LISP Data Packet Nonce(98)
Draft Section: 5.3
Issue Description:
Comments:

Section 5.3

   LISP Nonce: is a 24-bit value that is randomly generated by an ITR
   when the N-bit is set to 1.

The LISP Nonce does not seem to have a security usage. The choice of the term "nonce" might lead the reader to think that it does.

Response:

Dear Yakov-

Thank you for your contribution to draft-ietf-lisp-06.txt. The draft authors
have reviewed your comments but do not feel that changes to the document are
warranted at this time. The LISP data-plane nonce could potentially be 
used by ETRs to detect 3rd party data insertion.  So the definition seems 
adequate.  Please feel free to continue discussion of your issue on the LISP 
working group mailing list, [email-masked]. Should discussion result in WG 
consensus that changes are required, the authors will incorporate
appropriate text into a future version of the draft.

	Thanks!
	Darrel, for the LISP document authors