Subject: [lisp] Issue Title (number): ITR Failure Restoration (54)

From: Darrel Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:06:48 -0700

Issue Title (number): ITR Failure Restoration (54)
Draft Section: ?
Issue Description: The Impact of ITR failure on other ITRs

Comments:

A scenario where an ITR fails would result in shifting a large
fraction or all the flows that used to go through one ITR to 
another ITR. Note that in this scenario the arrival rate
of the flows at the new ITR is determined by the total number of
flows being shifted (e.g., in the case of an ITR failure it is the
number of flows that used to go through the old ITR), and not by
the steady state arrival rate of flows. Therefore, in this scenario
the rate with which the new ITR has to resolve EID-RLOC mapping is
determined not by the arrival rate of flows in the steady state,
but by the total number of flows being moved to the new ITR, and
the latter may be significantly higher than the former.

Response:

Dear Yakov-

Thank you for your contribution to draft-ietf-lisp-06.txt. The draft authors
have reviewed your comments but are cannot determine whether changes should
be made to the document. We think you are correct about your observation
above and would like to see further discussions on this topic on the list.
Please bring this issue to the LISP working group mailing list,
[email-masked], for further discussion. Should the WG reach consensus
that changes are required, the authors will incorporate appropriate text
into a future version of the draft.

	Thanks!
	Darrel, for the LISP document authors