Subject: [lisp] Issue Title (number): How to determine EIDs not forwardable on the routable(57)

From: Darrel Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:07:56 -0700

Issue Title (number): How to determine EIDs not forwardable on the routable(57)
Draft Section: 7
Issue Description: How does an ITR determine if the destination is LISP
Comments:

How does one determine whether the outer destination address "contains
an EID which is not intended to be forwarded on the routable topology"
? Please answer this question both for IPv6 and for IPv4. 

Response: 

Dear Yakov-

Thank you for your contribution to draft-ietf-lisp-06.txt. The draft authors
have reviewed your comments but do not feel that changes to the document are
warranted at this time.  We feel that this subject is thoroughly covered in
the draft-ietf-lisp-alt and draft-ietf-lisp-ms specifications.  Please feel
 free to continue discussion of your issue on the LISP working group 
mailing list, [email-masked]. Should discussion result in WG consensus
that changes are required, the authors will incorporate appropriate text 
into a future version of the draft.

	Thanks!
	Darrel, for the LISP document authors