Subject: [lisp] Issue Title (number): Site location of xTRs (81)

From: Darrel Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:18:13 -0700

Issue Title (number): Site Location of xTRs (81)
Draft Section:  8.1
Issue Description: 
Comments:

From Y. Rekhter's review

Comment 37:

Section 8.1
If ITR/ETR are first/last hop routers, then these routers need to be routable within each site RLOC. This means that if a site changes providers, the RLOC of these routers would need to change. Therefore, any ACLs within each site would need to be modified to allow routing on these RLOCs.

In order to clarify the raised issue, the comment has been refined as:

Section 8.1 needs to document implications of changing providers
(changing RLOCs) on configuration/provisioning of devices within
a site. E.g., this section needs to document that if devices within
a site use ACLs, then changing providers may require changing
configuration on these devices.

Response:

Dear Yakov-

Thank you for your contribution to draft-ietf-lisp-06.txt. The draft authors
have reviewed your comments but do not feel that changes to the document are
warranted at this time. We do however feel that this information could be 
very useful in a 'deployment guide' or 'uses' type draft.  Please feel free 
to continue discussion of your issue on the LISP working group mailing 
list, [email-masked]. Should discussion result in WG consensus that changes 
are required, the authors will incorporate appropriate text into a future 
version of the draft.

	Thanks!
	Darrel, for the LISP document authors