Subject: [lisp] Issue Title (number): Map Reply Sent when EID is unreachable (41)

From: Darrel Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:02:17 -0700

Issue Title (number):  Map Reply Sent when EID is unreachable (41)
Draft Section: 4.1 pt 4
Issue Description: Map Reply Sent with EID is unreachable

Comments:

Section 4.1 point 4 supposedly if there the destination EID is not
found in the ETR's EID-to-RLOC database the packet gets dropped ? On
the other hand how to prevent that a Map Reply is sent in response for
EID prefix not reachable but statically configured in the ETR's
EID-to-RLOC database. The case of ETR responding with “coarser
EID-RLOC” mapping due e.g. to sub-segmentation is partially addressed
in Section 6.1.5.1 

Response:

Dear Dimitri-

Thank you for your contribution to draft-ietf-lisp-06.txt. The draft authors
have reviewed your comments but do not feel that changes to the document are
warranted at this time. Our feeling is that reachability is not tied to the mapping  
system. In your above case, the ITR should always have a mapping and one or more
 of the documented RLOC reachability algorithms can be used.  Please feel free 
to continue discussion of your issue on the LISP working group mailing list, 
[email-masked]. Should dissuasion result in WG consensus that changes are 
required, the authors will incorporate appropriate text into a future version 
of the draft.

	Thanks!
	Darrel, for the LISP document authors