Subject: [lisp] Issue Title (number): ITR ignoring weights (70)

From: Darrel Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:12:32 -0700

Issue Title (number): ITR ignoring weights (70)
Draft Section: 6.2
Issue Description: ITR ignoring weights
Comments:

This is part of Comment 26 of Rekhter's review

Section 6.2

    Server-side returns a list of RLOC where a subset of the list has the
    same best priority. Client can only use the subset list according to
    the weighting assigned by the server-side.

If the client can gain some advantage (or thinks it can) by ignoring
the server's weighting, it will. There should be some consideration of
whether this is a problem, and if so, how to address it. 

Response:

Dear Yakov-

Thank you for your contribution to draft-ietf-lisp-06.txt. The draft authors
have reviewed your comments but do not feel that changes to the document are
warranted at this time. Implementations must adhere to the specification.  
Please feel free to continue discussion of your issue on the LISP working 
group mailing list, [email-masked]. Should discussion result in WG consensus 
that changes are required, the authors will incorporate appropriate text 
into a future version of the draft.

	Thanks!
	Darrel, for the LISP document authors