Subject: [lisp] Issue Title (number): EID Reachability (53)

From: Darrel Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:05:41 -0700

Issue Title (number): EID Reachability (53)
Draft Section: ?
Issue Description: What to do when ETR1 cannot reach its EID prefix but ETR2 can?

Comments:

Suppose a certain EID's mapping entry -returned at some point in the past in the MAP-Reply by ETR2- lists the RLOCs of two ETRs (ETR1 and ETR2). Suppose that later on, due to connectivity issues with the site, ETR1 is able to reach the EID but ETR2 is not.
Is there some means by which traffic is expected to reliably reach the EID in this case?

Response:

Dear Yakov-

Thank you for your contribution to draft-ietf-lisp-06.txt. The draft authors
have reviewed your comments but do not feel that changes to the document are
warranted at this time. Remember that on-going locator reachability is not conveyed
by the initial Map-Reply.  Please feel free to continue discussion of your issue on
the LISP working group mailing list, [email-masked]. Should discussion
result in WG consensus that changes are required, the authors will
incorporate appropriate text into a future version of the draft.

	Thanks!
	Darrel, for the LISP document authors