Subject: [lisp] Issue Title (number): Header Prepending (38)

From: Darrel Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:16:43 -0700

Issue Title (number): Header Prepending (38)
Draft Section: 4
Issue Description: Limiting header prepending

Comments:

Section 4 “This specification mandates that no more than two LISP
headers get prepended to a packet.” Is there any mechanism preventing
ITR (or TE ITR) to perform additional prepending ? and at which cost ? 

Recommended Action:  As part of section 4, clarify what an ITR should do if it finds two headers? not sure

Dear Dimitri-

Thank you for your contribution to draft-ietf-lisp-06.txt. The draft authors
have reviewed your comments but do not feel that changes to the document are
warranted at this time. Implementations must adhere to the spec, which says 
a maximum of two headers.  Please feel free to continue discussion of your issue
on the LISP working group mailing list, [email-masked]. Should discussion
result in WG consensus that changes are required, the authors will incorporate
appropriate text into a future version of the draft.

	Thanks!
	Darrel, for the LISP document authors