Subject: [lisp] Issue Title (number): Data Probe Decap (40)

From: Darrel Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 08:53:54 -0700

Issue Title (number):  Data Probe Decap (40)
Draft Section: 4.1 pt 4
Issue Description: Decap Fwding

Comments:

Section 4.1 point 4 states “The LISP header is stripped so that the
packet can be forwarded by the router control plane.” … forwarding
traffic by routing control engines result in major drawbacks such as
attacks, intrusions, etc. if the value encoded in the destination EID
is one of the routers addresses. 

Response:

Dear Yakov-

Thank you for your contribution to draft-ietf-lisp-06.txt. The draft authors
have changed the specification accordingly.  We removed the data-probe 
example from section 4.1.  Since they are deprecated we are not encouraging
them via example.  However, the point that you raise is a valid issue 
with data-probes.  We believe these text changes have resolved  this 
issue, but if you feel that further changes are warranted please 
bring this issue to the LISP working group mailing list, 
[email-masked], for further discussion. 

	Thanks!
	Darrel, for the LISP document authors