Subject: [lisp] WG meeting feedback on the deployment document

From: Loránd Jakab <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 17:22:44 +0100

Hi,

See below for a summary of the feedback received during IETF79 in
Beijing on the deployment document. Before updating text, we would like
to hear opinions from the working group on these items.

    * Considering that the main goal listed in the LISP WG charter is
      solving the routing scalability problem described in RFC4984, the
      document should emphasize, whenever possible, the likely effects
      of the described scenario on the DFZ routing table size.
    * When discussing P-ITR scenarios, the _direction_ of BGP
      announcements should be more clear
    * Consider implications of SIDR work on P-ITR announcement origin AS
    * Instead of describing P-ITR service as automatically included with
      EID registration, it should be described as a separate service
    * Section 3.1.3: While the concept described is a very valid and
      likely scenario (geographically diverse, large network with a lot
      of data plane capacity), the entity should be Tier-1 instead of CDN
    * Map-Resolver "provided by the ISP" is an oversimplification; the
      discussion should consider that ISPs may not always support their
      clients going LISP. Anycasting of Map-Resolvers is a possible
      solution to find closest MR: should be discussed
    * There should be no special requirement to become a mapping service
      provider (just as there no special requirement for providing DNS
      services)

Please complete the list if you think I missed something.

-Lori