Subject: [lisp] Alissa Cooper's Discuss on draft-ietf-lisp-gpe-06: (with DISCUSS)

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 06:27:53 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lisp-gpe-06: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-gpe/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

In the thread with the Gen-ART reviewer, the rationale that was given for
advancing this document now even though rfc6834bis is nascent was:

"We do not expect big changes in any bis document, since they are just the PS
version of deployed technology."

This seems somewhat less likely given the feedback received on the LISP
documents on the telechat this week, so I'd like to discuss whether it really
makes sense to advance this one now given its normative dependencies on 6834bis
and 6830bis.

---

From: Luigi Iannone <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 09:07:25 +0200

Hi Alissa,

> On 27 Sep 2018, at 15:27, Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

That was my comment. I surely wasn’t expecting so many comments on the bis documents.

I agree, with your position. 

Let’s solve the current comments on the document and then put it on hold a bit, while solving the comments on the other documents.

Ciao

L.