Subject: [lisp] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-lisp-gpe-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 09:50:04 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lisp-gpe-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-gpe/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

3.1.1.  Payload Specific Transport Interactions for Ethernet
        Encapsulated Payloads

   When a LISP-GPE router performs Ethernet encapsulation, the inner
   header 802.1Q [IEEE.802.1Q_2014] VLAN Identifier (VID) MAY be mapped
   to, or used to determine the LISP Instance IDentifier (IID) field.

3.1.2.  Payload Specific Transport Interactions for NSH Encapsulated
        Payloads

   When a LISP-GPE router performs an NSH encapsulation, DSCP and ECN
   values MAY be mapped as specified for the Next Protocol encapsulated
   by NSH (namely IPv4, IPv6 and Ethernet).

Not being a specialist in this technology it is not clear to me whether "MAY be
mapped" above (in 2 places) provides enough details to implement. Are there any
extra references that you should insert above?