Subject: [lmap] FW: [ippm] Call for adoption: draft-morton-ippm-initial-registry

From: "Weil, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:36:42 +0000

LMAP Members,

For those of you not on both WG lists, the IPPM WG has issued a call for
adoption for the initial entries to the metrics registry. I see this as
complementary work to the LMAP architecture. If you are interested in
progressing this work forward it would be useful to state your support on
the IPPM list.

Thanks,

Jason

On 12/10/15, 8:49 AM, "ippm on behalf of Brian Trammell"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>Greetings, all,
>
>Following support in the room for the adoption of
>draft-morton-ippm-initial-registry in Yokohama, this message starts a
>formal call for adoption of the following milestone:
>
>July 2016: submit a Standards Track document to the IESG defining initial
>contents of performance metric registry
>
>in support of paragraph 7 of our charter:
>
>  Agreement about the definitions of metrics and methods of measurement
>  enables accurate, reproducible, and equivalent results across different
>  implementations. To this end, the WG will define and maintain a
>registry of
>  metric definitions. The WG encourages work which assesses the
>comparability
>  of measurements of IPPM metrics with metrics developed elsewhere. The WG
>  also encourages work which improves the availability of information
>about
>  the context in which measurements were taken.
>
>and to adopt draft-morton-ippm-initial-registry as the document for this
>milestone.
>
>Please express support or concerns with adopting this document by 31
>December 2015 to the IPPM working group mailing list, [email-masked]
>
>Many thanks, best regards,
>
>Brian Trammell (chair hat)

________________________________

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.