Subject: Re: [lp-wan] I-D Action: draft-minaburo-lpwan-gap-analysis-02.txt

From: Ana Minaburo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 10:35:11 +0100

Hello,

thanks you for your modifications, I will do the necessary to upload them, as you know my draft as it is will not be published, it will be part of the draft:
draft-farrell-lpwan-overview-02 and as soon as I remember they have not include the table, put we can discuss about having it in this draft.

Thanks
Ana

> On 09 Jan 2017, at 13:10, Schumacher L. <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Dear Ana Minaburo,
> 
> Would it make sense to complement the table in Annex A of the IETF draft under reference with carrier band information as follows:
> 
>    +-------------+---------------+-------------------+---------------+--------+
>    | Technology  | Range         | Band              | Throughput    |MAC MTU |
>    +-------------+---------------+-------------------+---------------+--------+
>    | LoRa        |2-5 km urban   | ISM               | 0.3 to        | 256 B  |
>    |             |<15 km suburban| EU: 433, 868 MHz  | 50 kbps       |        |
>    |             |               | US: 915 MHz       |               |        |
>    +-------------+---------------+-------------------+---------------+--------+
>    | NB-IoT   *  | <15 km        | Licensed bands ;  | up:   60 kbps | >1000B |
>    |             |               | Standalone:       | down: 30 kbps |        |
>    |             |               | refarmed GSM band |               |        |
>    +-------------+---------------+-------------------+---------------+--------+
>    | SIGFOX      | 10 km urban   | ISM               | up:100/600 bps| 12/    |
>    |             | 50 km rural   | EU: 868 MHz       | down: 600 bps | 8 B    |
>    +-------------+---------------+-------------------+---------------+--------+
>    |IEEE802.15.4g| 2-3 km LoS    | EU: 870-876 MHz   | 4.8 kbps to   | 2047 B |
>    |SUN          |               |                   | 800 kbps      |        |
>    +-------------+---------------+-------------------+---------------+--------+
>    |IEEE802.15.4k| < 20 km LoS   | JP: 920-928 MHz   | 1.5 bps to    | 16/24/ |
>    |LECIM        | < 5 km NoLoS  |                   | 128 kbps      | 32 B   |
>    +-------------+---------------+-------------------+---------------+--------+
>    |RPMA         | 65 km LoS     | ISM               | up: 624kbps   | 64 B   |
>    |             | 20 km NoLoS   | 2.4 GHz           | down: 156kbps |        |
>    |             |               |                   | mob: 2kbps    |        |
>    +-------------+---------------+-------------------+---------------+--------+
>    |DASH-7       | 2 km          | ISM               | 9 kbps        | 256 B  |
>    |             |               | EU: 433 MHz       | 55.55 kbps    |        |
>    |             |               |                   | 166.66 kbps   |        |
>    +-------------+---------------+-------------------+---------------+--------+
>    |Weightless-w | 5 km urban    | TV bands          | 1 kbps to     |min 10 B|
>    |             |               |                   | 10 Mbps       |        |
>    +-------------+---------------+-------------------+---------------+--------+
>    |Weightless-n |<5 km urban    | ISM               | 30 kbps to    |max 20 B|
>    |             |<30 km suburban| EU: 868 MHz       | 100kbps       |        |
>    +-------------+---------------+-------------------+---------------+--------+
>    |Weightless-p | > 2 km urban  |                   | up to 100kbps |        |
>    +-------------+---------------+-------------------+---------------+--------+
> 
> In addition, because the duty cycle is having a significant incidence on the applicability of 6LoWPAN mechanisms to LPWAN technologies, along with the adaptive data rate and the limited payload size, wouldn't it make sense to mention the duty cycle as well?
> 
> Best regards,
> LS
> 
> Le 19/10/16 à 10:08, [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> a écrit :
>> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
>> 
>> 
>>         Title           : LPWAN Survey and GAP Analysis
>>         Authors         : Ana Minaburo
>>                           Carles Gomez
>>                           Laurent Toutain
>>                           Josep PAradells
>>                           Jon Crowcroft
>> 	Filename        : draft-minaburo-lpwan-gap-analysis-02.txt
>> 	Pages           : 17
>> 	Date            : 2016-10-19
>> 
>> Abstract:
>>    Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN) are technologies covering
>>    different applications based on long range, low bandwidth and low
>>    power operation.  The use of IETF protocols in the LPWAN technologies
>>    should contribute to the deployment of a wide number of applications
>>    in an open and standard environment where actual devices using LPWAN
>>    technologies will be able to communicate.  This document makes a
>>    survey of the principal characteristics of these technologies and
>>    provides the gaps for the integration on the IETF protocol stack.
>> 
>> 
>> The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-minaburo-lpwan-gap-analysis/ <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-minaburo-lpwan-gap-analysis/>
>> 
>> There's also a htmlized version available at:
>> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-minaburo-lpwan-gap-analysis-02 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-minaburo-lpwan-gap-analysis-02>
>> 
>> A diff from the previous version is available at:
>> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-minaburo-lpwan-gap-analysis-02 <https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-minaburo-lpwan-gap-analysis-02>
>> 
>> 
>> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
>> until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>> 
>> Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
>> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/ <ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/>
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> I-D-Announce mailing list
>> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
>> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce>
>> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html <http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html>
>> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt <ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt>
>> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Laurent SCHUMACHER
> Professeur
> Faculté d'Informatique
> 
> T. +32 (0)81 724 980
> F. +32 (0)81 724 967
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
> http://www.unamur.be/universite/personnes/page_view/01005249/ <http://www.unamur.be/universite/personnes/page_view/01005249/>
> http://be.linkedin.com/pub/laurent-schumacher/0/32b/7b7 <http://be.linkedin.com/pub/laurent-schumacher/0/32b/7b7>
> Université de Namur ASBL
> Rue de Bruxelles 61 - 5000 Namur
> Let’s respect the environment together.
> Only print this message if necessary!

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 14:16:59 +0000

Dear Ana

The table is also missing information such as SIGFOX US.

You may want to correlate the values with those in the table we published in the IETF journal https://www.ietfjournal.org/low-power-wide-area-networks-at-the-ietf/

Take care,

Pascal

From: lp-wan [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ana Minaburo
Sent: mercredi 11 janvier 2017 10:35
To: Schumacher L. <[email-masked]>
Cc: lp-wan <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [lp-wan] I-D Action: draft-minaburo-lpwan-gap-analysis-02.txt

Hello,

Thanks
Ana

On 09 Jan 2017, at 13:10, Schumacher L. <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Dear Ana Minaburo,

Best regards,
LS

Le 19/10/16 à 10:08, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> a écrit :

        Authors         : Ana Minaburo

                          Carles Gomez

                          Laurent Toutain

                          Josep PAradells

                          Jon Crowcroft

       Pages           : 17

        Date            : 2016-10-19

Abstract:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-minaburo-lpwan-gap-analysis/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-minaburo-lpwan-gap-analysis-02

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-minaburo-lpwan-gap-analysis-02

until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org<http://tools.ietf.org>.

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

--
Laurent SCHUMACHER
Professeur
Faculté d'Informatique
T. +32 (0)81 724 980
F. +32 (0)81 724 967
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
http://www.unamur.be/universite/personnes/page_view/01005249/
http://be.linkedin.com/pub/laurent-schumacher/0/32b/7b7
Université de Namur ASBL
Rue de Bruxelles 61 - 5000 Namur
Let's respect the environment together.
Only print this message if necessary!