Subject: LTANS: first draft of requirements for notary services

From: "Tobias Gondrom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:53:45 +0200

Hello,

After a long pause we finished the first draft "requirements for notary services" and submitted it yesterday around 8:58 a.m. ET to IETF ;-)

Attached you find the draft.

Please consider it really just as the first draft to start the discussion of the future work of LTANS after we complete the work on the long-term archiving (ERS, reqs and prot).

I just started as the author and would be really happy if a second author would like to join me, or even if we find another author/editor for this draft to replace me. (following recommendations IETF considering the separation of the chair and editor role)

So I hope this first draft is an acceptable base to start the discussion on what is needed concerning notary services.

Best regards

            Tobias

__________________________________________ 
Tobias Gondrom
Senior Software Architect
PPMA, Engineering

IXOS SOFTWARE AG
Technopark 1
Bretonischer Ring 12
85630 Grasbrunn / Munich 
Phone:  +49 (0) 89 4629-1816
Telefax:        +49 (0) 89 4629-33-1816
eMail:  mailto:[email-masked]
Internet:       http://www.ixos.com/ 

This eMail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this eMail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this eMail. Any use, disclosure or distribution of the material in this eMail is strictly forbidden.

Diese eMail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese eMail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese eMail. Jegliche Art der Verwendung, Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe ist nicht gestattet.

---

From: Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:30:18 -0700

I'm willing to help with document editing in the working group,
and this document in particular.

I'm familiar with the technical concepts, and I have some
experience with editing IETF documents.

Larry
-- 
http://larry.masinter.net

---

From: "Santosh Chokhani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:00:13 -0400

Tobias:
 
My primary question on the document is that of the scope.  The document
seems to include (possibly imply) human in the loop as the Notary.
 
I think the scope of IETF related work should be limited to Electronic
Notary.  This also means dealing with electronic documents only.  There are
lot of other non-IT related forensics issues involved with paper.  I wonder
if IETF should deal with those issues.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Tobias Gondrom
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 6:54 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: LTANS: first draft of requirements for notary services
Importance: High

Hello,

After a long pause we finished the first draft “requirements for notary
services” and submitted it yesterday around 8:58 a.m. ET to IETF ;-)

Please consider it really just as the first draft to start the discussion of
the future work of LTANS after we complete the work on the long-term
archiving (ERS, reqs and prot).

I just started as the author and would be really happy if a second author
would like to join me, or even if we find another author/editor for this
draft to replace me. (following recommendations IETF considering the
separation of the chair and editor role)

So I hope this first draft is an acceptable base to start the discussion on
what is needed concerning notary services.

Best regards

            Tobias

IXOS SOFTWARE AG
Technopark 1
Bretonischer Ring 12
85630 Grasbrunn / Munich 

This eMail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient or have received this eMail in error, please
notify the sender immediately and destroy this eMail. Any use, disclosure or
distribution of the material in this eMail is strictly forbidden.

Diese eMail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte
Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese eMail
irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und
vernichten Sie diese eMail. Jegliche Art der Verwendung, Vervielfältigung
oder Weitergabe ist nicht gestattet.