Subject: RE: WG LAST CALL: draft-ietf-ltans-reqs-02.txt

From: "Tobias Gondrom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 17:34:36 +0200

Denis,

a small remark to your first comment in advance
Concerning your comments, I will not be able to study them before
Monday, but maybe others are faster.

> > the first document of our working group is coming to a final state.
> > I asked Carl and the authors of the document to integrate the input
of
> > the last discussions inspired by Denis into the document so that we
get
> > to a final version. From my feeling the discussion here on the
> > mailing-list has come to the time of conclusion about the
requirements
> > for long-term archive.
> 
> I do no have that feeling yet. Until we agree on this document, a Last
> Call for the ERS document would be premature.

It seems that you misunderstood my mail: 

I have been talking about the discussion about the requirements document
not the ERS (although this is also very stable too in my eyes) - Of
course I want to open the last call for the ERS _after_ closing the last
call for reqs and making sure that we finish this document first.

Best regards

	Tobias

---

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 17:55:40 +0200

Tobias,

> Concerning your comments, I will not be able to study them before.

I would suggest that you wait until the end of the last call comment period 
before answering.

>> of he last discussions inspired by Denis into the document so that we
>> get to a final version. From my feeling the discussion here on the
>> requirements for long-term archive.

> not the ERS (although this is also very stable too in my eyes) - 

 > Of course I want to open the last call for the ERS _after_ closing
 > the last call for reqs and making sure that we finish this document
 > first.

I guess you do not mean mean, "_after_ closing the last call for reqs"
since it will be closed on tuesday, but until the reqs document has passed
the IESG Last Call.

This does not prevent to progress the ERS draft, as well as other drafts,
if needed, but the focus should be kept first on the requirements.

Regards,

Denis