Subject: RFC 4998, question about Section 5.2

From: Andreas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:45:05 +0100

Hi, list.

In Section 5.2
in text passages: for computation of h' just concatenation of h and ha is mentioned,
in text following Figure 4: h and ha should be binary sorted and concatenated.
Is it a cut&paste error in text following Figure 4 (page 19)?

page 18:
4.  Concatenate each h(i) with ha(i) and generate hash values
       h(i)' = H (h(i)+ ha(i)).  For multi-document groups, this is:
       h(i_a)' = H (h(i_a)+ ha(i))
       h(i_b)' = H (h(i_b)+ ha(i)), etc.

on page 19 we have:
     h1' = H( binary sorted and concatenated (H(d1), ha(1)))
       d1 is the original document from data group 1
     h3' = H( binary sorted and concatenated (H(d3), ha(3)))
       d3 is the original document from data group 3

     h2a' = H( binary sorted and concatenated (h2a, ha(2)))
      ...
     h2c' = H( binary sorted and concatenated (h2c, ha(2)))

like for (which corresponds to text description):
     h2abc = H( binary sorted and concatenated (h2a', h2b', h2c'))

on page 20:
   3.  Verify that the first hash value list (partialHashtree) of the
       first Archive Timestamp of all other ArchiveTimeStampChains
       contains a hash value of the concatenation of the data object
       hash and the hash value of all older ArchiveTimeStampChain.
       Verify that this Archive Timestamp was generated before the last
       Archive Timestamp of the ArchiveTimeStampChain became invalid.

____________________________________________________________________
Psssst! Schon vom neuen WEB.DE MultiMessenger gehört? 
Der kann`s mit allen: http://www.produkte.web.de/messenger/?did=3123

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:45:05 +0100
From: Andreas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 4998, question about Section 5.2
Organization: http://freemail.web.de/
Sender: [email-masked]

Hi, list.

In Section 5.2
in text passages: for computation of h' just concatenation of h and ha is mentioned,
in text following Figure 4: h and ha should be binary sorted and concatenated.
Is it a cut&paste error in text following Figure 4 (page 19)?

page 18:
4.  Concatenate each h(i) with ha(i) and generate hash values
       h(i)' = H (h(i)+ ha(i)).  For multi-document groups, this is:
       h(i_a)' = H (h(i_a)+ ha(i))
       h(i_b)' = H (h(i_b)+ ha(i)), etc.

on page 19 we have:
     h1' = H( binary sorted and concatenated (H(d1), ha(1)))
       d1 is the original document from data group 1
     h3' = H( binary sorted and concatenated (H(d3), ha(3)))
       d3 is the original document from data group 3

     h2a' = H( binary sorted and concatenated (h2a, ha(2)))
      ...
     h2c' = H( binary sorted and concatenated (h2c, ha(2)))

like for (which corresponds to text description):
     h2abc = H( binary sorted and concatenated (h2a', h2b', h2c'))

on page 20:
   3.  Verify that the first hash value list (partialHashtree) of the
       first Archive Timestamp of all other ArchiveTimeStampChains
       contains a hash value of the concatenation of the data object
       hash and the hash value of all older ArchiveTimeStampChain.
       Verify that this Archive Timestamp was generated before the last
       Archive Timestamp of the ArchiveTimeStampChain became invalid.

____________________________________________________________________
Psssst! Schon vom neuen WEB.DE MultiMessenger gehört? 
Der kann`s mit allen: http://www.produkte.web.de/messenger/?did=3123