Subject: [ltans] RFC 6283 on Extensible Markup Language Evidence Record Syntax (XMLERS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 16:47:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6283

        Title:      Extensible Markup Language Evidence Record 
                    Syntax (XMLERS) 
        Author:     A. Jerman Blazic, S. Saljic,
                    T. Gondrom
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      43
        Characters: 99031
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ltans-xmlers-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6283.txt

In many scenarios, users must be able to demonstrate the (time of)
existence, integrity, and validity of data including signed data for
long or undetermined periods of time.  This document specifies XML
syntax and processing rules for creating evidence for long-term non-
repudiation of existence and integrity of data.  The Extensible Markup
Language Evidence Record Syntax XMLERS provides alternative syntax and
processing rules to the ASN.1 (Abstract Syntax Notation One) ERS
(Evidence Record Syntax) (RFC 4998) syntax by using XML.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Long-Term Archive and Notary Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 20:04:54 -0400

Congrats!

spt

On 7/19/11 7:47 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> ltans mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltans
>