Subject: Re: [Ltru] Title of draft-davis-t-langtag-ext

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 11:02:53 -0600

Martin J. Dürst <duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp> suggested:

> BCP 47 Extension T - Language Tagging of Transformed Content

In fact, this title is better enough than the original "Language Tag 
Content Transforms" that I'd also like to suggest changing the 
Description field in the BCP 47 Registration Form (Section 2.4) from 
"Specifying Content Transforms" to "Transformed Content."

I suggest omitting the gerund "Specifying" for parallelism with the 'u' 
extension ("Unicode Locale"), which seems to be an important goal.

"Transform" may be a commonly understood noun in the CLDR world, but I 
think we established here that the extension indicates content that has 
been transformed via some mechanism, not the mechanism itself.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14
www.ewellic.org | www.facebook.com/doug.ewell | @DougEwell

---

From: Mark Davis ☕ <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 10:16:38 -0700

Both those changes sound ok to me; anyone disagree?

Mark
*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 10:02, Doug Ewell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Content Transforms" that I'd also like to suggest changing the Description
> field in the BCP 47 Registration Form (Section 2.4) from "Specifying Content
> Transforms" to "Transformed Content."
>
> think we established here that the extension indicates content that has been
> transformed via some mechanism, not the mechanism itself.
>
>
> --
> ______________________________**_________________
> Ltru mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/**listinfo/ltru<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru>
>