Subject: [Ltru] Fw: draft-davis-t-langtag-ext

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 23:45:26 -0400

Sorry,

>If my interpretation is correct, Section 2.2 d should be changed to "The 
order of the fields in a t extension is significant" (a field consists 
from <sep> and subtags represented by 3*8alphanum). 

My suggestion above was wrong - I meant

1) The order of the fields in a t extension is not significant.
2) The order of subtags within a field is significant.

Yoshito Umaoka

----- Forwarded by Yoshito Umaoka/Westford/IBM on 08/30/2011 11:41 PM 
-----

From:   Yoshito Umaoka/Westford/IBM
To:     Mark Davis ☕ <[email-masked]>
Cc:     Doug Ewell <[email-masked]>, "Gordon P. Hemsley" 
<[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date:   08/30/2011 11:35 PM
Subject:        Re: [Ltru] draft-davis-t-langtag-ext

Thanks for the feedback! 

Updated working drafts: 
draft-davis-t-langtag-ext.html 
draft-davis-t-langtag-ext.txt 
draft-davis-t-langtag-ext.xml
Mark 
— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —

One thing which we may need clarification... 

>Section 2.2 Structure 
> 
>d. The order of the subtags in a t extension is significant (see Section 
2.3 (Canonicalization) Canonicalization). 

I think this line does not match 2.3 Canonicalization - because the 
referenced section says - "with the fields ordered by the separators, 
alphabetically. " 
I think we don't want to make the order of <field> significant - for 
example, assume there is a new <sep> "x0" is introduced - 

und-Cyrl-t-und-latn-m0-ungegn-2007-x0-foo 

and 

und-Cyrl-t-und-latn-x0-foo-m0-ungegn-2007 

would be equivalent (but, the canonical representation is - 
"und-Cyrl-t-und-latn-m0-ungegn-2007-x0-foo" - because field "m0-*" and 
"field "x0-*" are sorted alphabetical order). 

If my interpretation is correct, Section 2.2 d should be changed to "The 
order of the fields in a t extension is significant" (a field consists 
from <sep> and subtags represented by 3*8alphanum). 

Otherwise, the latest edition looks clean and ready to go. 

Yoshito Umaoka

---

From: Mark Davis ☕ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:37:52 -0700

I agree; will update the working draft. I'll also go ahead and post that.

Thanks!

Mark
*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 20:45, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> order of *the fields* in a t extension is significant" (a field consists
> ----- Forwarded by Yoshito Umaoka/Westford/IBM on 08/30/2011 11:41 PM -----
>
> Cc:        Doug Ewell <[email-masked]>, "Gordon P. Hemsley" <
> [email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> ------------------------------
>
>
>
> Thanks for the feedback!
>
> Updated working drafts:
>
>    - *draft-davis-t-langtag-ext.html*<http://unicode.org/repos/cldr/trunk/docs/rfc/draft-davis-t-langtag-ext.html>
>    - *draft-davis-t-langtag-ext.txt*<http://unicode.org/repos/cldr/trunk/docs/rfc/draft-davis-t-langtag-ext.txt>
>    - *draft-davis-t-langtag-ext.xml*<http://unicode.org/repos/cldr/trunk/docs/rfc/draft-davis-t-langtag-ext.xml>
>
> Mark *
> — Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*
>
>
> >d. The order of the subtags in a t extension is significant (see *Section
> 2.3 (Canonicalization)*<http://unicode.org/repos/cldr/trunk/docs/rfc/draft-davis-t-langtag-ext.html#canonicalization>Canonicalization).
>
> order of *the fields* in a t extension is significant" (a field consists