Subject: [Maprg] Call for Contributions: IETF 107, 21 Mar 2020 - 27 Mar 2020, Vancouver

From: Dave Plonka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 12:57:02 -0600

######################################################################

                      Call for Contributions
                  for maprg, IETF 107, Vancouver

The IRTF Measurement and Analysis for Protocols Research Group
(maprg) will have its next (2 hour) meeting during IETF 107
(21-27 March, 2020) in Vancouver, BC. We invite you to submit your
candidate measurement research contributions for presentation at
the maprg meeting.  The contribution can be new (measurement) work,
work accepted for publication, or a recent publication in the scope
of the research group. Please see the charter for questions on scope:

  https://datatracker.ietf.org/rg/maprg/charter/

Please send a short abstract (200-300 words) to the maprg chairs
([email-masked]) describing your proposed contribution. For
planning purposes we encourage to send your contribution as soon
as possible and latest by:

       Mar  2, 2020

Further, we encourage short presentations (5-10 min) with updates
of measurement data that have been presented previously in maprg.

The chairs will assemble an agenda for the meeting based on
received submissions taking into consideration the group's scope,
common themes, and/or relevance to current IETF work.  While remote
presentations are possible and welcome, we will favor in-person
presentations if needed due to meeting time restrictions as this
supports additional interaction with the IETF community outside of
the meeting which is also a goal for this group. Also since meeting
time includes questions, comments, and discussion, contributors
may be invited to present, instead, in subsequent meetings.

Please share this call with other interested people or groups!

Thanks for sending your contributions!

######################################################################

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!

- Dave and Mirja (maprg chairs)

-- 
[email-masked]  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~plonka/

---

From: Dave Plonka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 03:41:37 -0600

Hi Miirja,

Here is my proposal for the upcoming MAPRG meeting - I think 10-15
minutes would work:

Title: Update on Counting Active IPv6 WWW Clients with kIP

Abstract:

This is an update to an earlier MAPRG contribution, which is
background information for this top:

   "kIP: a Measured Approach to IPv6 Address Anonymization" (July 2017)
   (from the MAPRG wiki: https://trac.ietf.org/trac/irtf/wiki/map)
   video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYtaKuzXaiM#t=59m55s
   slides: https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/99/slides/slides-99-maprg-kip-a-measured-approach-to-ipv6-address-anonymization-03.pdf

Our latest results, as of early 2020, show that there are more than
400 million simultaneously-assigned IPv6 /64 prefixes used by clients
accessing the WWW and specifically Akamai-hosted WWW properties. This
new lower-bound estimate represents a substantial increase from our
initial results two years ago (e.g., 110 million, October, 2017) and
strongly suggests that there are well over 400 million Internet users
having native IPv6 WWW connectivity, an elusive value to measure and
previously unreported and unknown.

--