Subject: Re: [marf] Not an objection to FBL BCP

From: "J.D. Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 12:36:01 -0700

On Apr 27, 2011, at 3:53 PM, Barry Leiba wrote:

> Let's start with reviewing the MAAWG document as something that is NOT
> a working group document, and giving them feedback.

So, does this silence indicate lack of consensus or lack of interest?  Or something else?

--
J.D. Falk
the leading purveyor of industry counter-rhetoric solutions

---

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 09:35:13 +0200

> So, does this silence indicate lack of consensus or lack of interest?  Or something else?

Apparently, the document faithfully reflects the content of the original pdf
version that was already discussed last September.  The interest seemed to be
rather low also at that time.  I suppose other participants discussed it in
other occasions, since there was some consensus about having an RFC version
of it. Hence, silence indicates there are no reasons for changing anything in
it.  (I'd expect contradictions if that's not correct.)

BTW, the pdf only mentions Linda Marcus as author / editor.  Would it be
possible to retrieve who the (main) authors / contributors have actually
been?  The purpose for publishing the original in April, 2010 may be obvious
after MAAWG presentation, in the section "About This Document"; for a minor
point, making it explicit wouldn't hurt.

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 May 2011 11:55:31 -0000

>So, does this silence indicate lack of consensus or lack of interest?  Or something else?

I liked it when I edited it for MAAWG, and I still like it now.

R's,
John

---

From: "J.D. Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 12:51:01 -0700

> point, making it explicit wouldn't hurt.

There were a few editorial passes.  Linda Marcus handles PR for MAAWG, and does the final pass before publication of official documents.  I couldn't find her name in http://www.maawg.org/sites/maawg/files/news/MAAWG_Complaint_Feedback_Loop_BCP_2010-08_0.pdf, though.  Which PDF are you looking at?

In both MAAWG_Complaint_Feedback_Loop_BCP_2010-08_0.pdf, the Conclusion section lists the "Primary Contributors" and their (our) affiliations at the time.  That's been reproduced and expanded under Acknowledgements in draft-jdfalk-maawg-cfblbcp-00.

---

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 12:37:40 +0200

On 04.05.2011 21:51, J.D. Falk wrote:
>> the pdf only mentions Linda Marcus as author / editor
> 
> There were a few editorial passes.  Linda Marcus handles PR for MAAWG, and
> does the final pass before publication of official documents.  I couldn't
> find her name in
> http://www.maawg.org/sites/maawg/files/news/MAAWG_Complaint_Feedback_Loop_BCP_2010-08_0.pdf,
> though.  Which PDF are you looking at?

That one, as cited in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_reporting#cite_note-2
Linda is named in file properties.

> In both MAAWG_Complaint_Feedback_Loop_BCP_2010-08_0.pdf, the Conclusion
> section lists the "Primary Contributors" and their (our) affiliations at
> the time.  That's been reproduced and expanded under Acknowledgements in
> draft-jdfalk-maawg-cfblbcp-00.

Oops, I overlooked it, my bad.  OTOH, this corroborates my feeling that the
--00 version is perfect already.

---

From: "J.D. Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 07:44:29 -0700

> Linda is named in file properties.

I'm fairly certain that's not normative.  *grin*

> --00 version is perfect already.

Good to hear it!  Anyone else?