Subject: [media-types] Public Review for XLIFF v2.1 - ends February 24th

From: Chet Ensign <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 15:32:59 -0500

OASIS members and other interested parties,

The OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC members [1]
have produced an updated Committee Specification Draft (CSD) and submitted
this specification for 15-day public review:

XLIFF Version 2.1
Commitee Specification Draft 02 / Public Review Draft 02
07 February 2017

What is XLIFF and why is it useful?

The XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) is a specification for
the interchange of localizable software and document based objects and
related metadata. The purpose of XLIFF's extensible XML vocabularies is to
store localisable data and carry it from one step of the localization
process to the other, while allowing interoperability between and among
tools.

Public Review Period:

The public review starts 10 February 2017 at 00:00 UTC and ends 24 February
2017 at 11:59 UTC. The specification was previously submitted for public
review [2]. This 15-day review is limited in scope to changes made from the
previous review. Changes are highlighted in the redlined PDF at
http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.1/csprd02/xliff-core-v2.1-csprd02-DIFF.pdf
.

This is an open invitation to comment. OASIS solicits feedback from
potential users, developers and others, whether OASIS members or not, for
the sake of improving the interoperability and quality of its technical
work.

URIs:
The prose specification document and related files are available here:

HTML (Authoritative):
http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.1/csprd02/xliff-core-v2.1-csprd02.html

Editable source:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.1/csprd02/xliff-core-v2.1-csprd02.xml

PDF:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.1/csprd02/xliff-core-v2.1-csprd02.pdf

Schemas:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.1/csprd02/schemas/

ZIP distribution files (complete):

For your convenience, OASIS provides a complete package of the prose
specification and related files in a ZIP distribution file. You can
download the ZIP file here:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.1/csprd02/xliff-core-v2.1-csprd02.zip

Additional information about this specification and the XLIFF TC may be
found on the TC's public home page located at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xliff/

Comments may be submitted to the TC by any person through the use of the
OASIS TC Comment Facility which can be accessed via the button labeled
"Send A Comment" at the top of the TC public home page, or directly at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/form.php?wg_abbrev=xliff

Feedback submitted by TC non-members for this work and for other work of
this TC is publicly archived and can be viewed at:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-comment/

All comments submitted to OASIS are subject to the OASIS Feedback License,
which ensures that the feedback you provide carries the same obligations at
least as the obligations of the TC members. In connection with this public
review of 'XLIFF Version 2.1', we call your attention to the OASIS IPR
Policy [3] applicable especially [4] to the work of this technical
committee. All members of the TC should be familiar with this document,
which may create obligations regarding the disclosure and availability of a
member's patent, copyright, trademark and license rights that read on an
approved OASIS specification.

OASIS invites any persons who know of any such claims to disclose these if
they may be essential to the implementation of the above specification, so
that notice of them may be posted to the notice page for this TC's work.

========== Additional references:

[1] OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xliff/

[2]  Previous public reviews:

30-day public review, 26 October 2016:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/201610/msg00011.html
- Comment resolution log:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.1/csprd01/xliff-core-v2.1-csprd01-comment-resolution-log.pdf

[3] http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/ipr

[4] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xliff/ipr.php
https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/ipr#RF-on-RAND-Mode
RF on RAND Mode

-- 

/chet
----------------
Chet Ensign
Director of Standards Development and TC Administration
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393