Subject: [media-types] Registration of MIME media type application/dns-udpwireformat

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 19:50:05 +0000

MIME media type name: application

MIME subtype name: dns-udpwireformat

Required parameters: n/a

Optional parameters: n/a

Encoding considerations:
   This is a binary format. The contents are a DNS message as defined in
   RFC 1035. The format used here is for DNS over UDP, which is the
   format defined in the diagrams in RFC 1035.

Security considerations:  The security considerations for carrying
this data are the same for carrying DNS without encryption.

Interoperability considerations:  None.

Published specification:  This application.

Applications that use this media type:
  Systems that want to exchange full DNS messages.

Additional information:

Magic number(s):  n/a

File extension(s):  n/a

Macintosh file type code(s):  n/a

Person & email address to contact for further information:
   Paul Hoffman, [email-masked]

Intended usage:  COMMON

Restrictions on usage:  n/a

Author:  Paul Hoffman, [email-masked]

Change controller:  Paul Hoffman, [email-masked]