Subject: [MIB2RDML] Expressing SNMP SMI Datatypes in XML Schema Definition Language draft submitted

From: "Natale, Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 03:18:40 -0500

Hi,
 
I have submitted "Expressing SNMP SMI Datatypes in XML Schema
Definition Language", draft-ietf-opsawg-smi-datatypes-in-xsd-00.txt,
via the Internet-Drafts submission tool, but had to do it via a "manual
entry" due to administrative complications.  Manual submissions can
take up two business days to process.
 
In the meantime, I have posted a copy at
http://home.comcast.net/~bobnatale/draft-ietf-opsawg-smi-datatypes-in-x
sd-00.txt.
 
For those who might want to review the slides I presented at the
Vancouver IETF for background info, you can get them at
http://home.comcast.net/~bobnatale/Converting_SNMP_MIBs_to_XML_via_XSD.
ppt.  The I-D has updated wording relative to the slides.  Slide 7
helps to narrow the focus of the current effort relative to the
original MIB2RMDL scope on slide 6.
 
Apologies for cross-posting to the ops-area list -- this is an "Ops
Area WG" and "MIB2RMDL" item, but just wanted to be sure to alert all
interested parties without going too far afield.
 
Cheers,
BobN

_______________________________________________
MIB2RDML mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mib2rdml

---

From: "Natale, Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 02:17:30 -0500

Hi,
 
I have submitted an updated version of "Expressing SNMP SMI Datatypes
in XML Schema Definition Language",
draft-ietf-opsawg-smi-datatypes-in-xsd-01.txt, via the Internet-Drafts
submission tool, but had to do it via a "manual entry" due to
administrative complications.  Pending formal publication, you can get
a copy from the "staging" area at:
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/staging/draft-ietf-opsawg-smi-datatype
s-in-xsd-01.txt.
 
This draft includes changes made for comments on the -00 version
received from Juergen Schoenwaelder and David Harrington.
 
I will post a more detailed description of the changes later today or
tomorrow.
 
Cheers,
BobN