Subject: [MLS] May 2019 Interim Registration and Issue discussion

From: Nick Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 10:38:05 -0700

The date and location are set for the May 2019 Interim meeting. It will be
on May 16 at the Wire headquarters in Berlin. More details can be found on
Github: https://github.com/mlswg/wg-materials/tree/master/interim-2019-05.

Please register with the following form if you intend on attending either
remotely or in person.

Registration Link <https://forms.gle/8vK6ZKSrFzgX6KTr8> (
https://forms.gle/8vK6ZKSrFzgX6KTr8)

Registration deadline closes on May 2nd.

We are soliciting proposals for presentations to add to the agenda for the
meeting. Please send proposals to [email-masked]. Due to time
limitations, these should be restricted to discussions about current active
drafts.

Here are the active documents:

*Protocol* (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mls-protocol-04)

Issues: https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues

Milestones: https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/milestones

*Architecture* (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mls-architecture-02)

Issues: https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture

*Federation* (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-omara-mls-federation-00)

Issues: https://github.com/mlswg/mls-federation/issues

As a reminder for the working group, the target milestone for the -05 draft
of the protocol document is May 1st, 2019. There are still a number of open
issues that should be discussed here:
https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/milestone/2. We encourage the authors
and other participants to read these issues, distill the main questions
raised by them and propose answers for discussion on the list in the coming
week.

Nick and Sean

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 13:50:04 -0400

Couple of notes on plans for the protocol document:

As Nick notes, we are hoping to publish draft-05 of the protocol document
before the interim.  I have marked a handful of PRs for inclusion in that
release:

https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/milestone/2

If folks could review those PRs ASAP, that would be helpful, as we will be
working to get a few major things merged next week.  Thanks to Joël Alwen
and Michael Rosenberg for reviews so far.

In general, my thinking is that draft-05 will be a "feature release" and
draft-06 will be a "performance relase", in the following sense: In
draft-05, we're getting in a lot of the big changes to the security model
(tree hashing, common signing/encryption).  We'll try to keep these things
stable for a bit, to let some analysis get done.  While that's going on, we
can focus on issues that relate more to performance / scalability /
maintainability, such as server assist, server-initiated add/remove, or KDF
trees for application secrets.  I've already put a few issues / PRs into
the draft-06 milestone:

https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/milestone/3

--Richard

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 1:38 PM Nick Sullivan <nick=
[email-masked]> wrote:

> As a reminder for the working group, the target milestone for the -05
> draft of the protocol document is May 1st, 2019. There are still a number
> of open issues that should be discussed here:
> https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/milestone/2. We encourage the
> authors and other participants to read these issues, distill the main
> questions raised by them and propose answers for discussion on the list in
> the coming week.
>
>
> Nick and Sean
>
> _______________________________________________
> MLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mls
>