Subject: Re: RTSP in NYT

From: Martin Dunsmuir <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 08:40:40 -0700

We are deadly serious about IETF involvement. The RTSP draft, as submitted 
represents our collaborative work with Netscape and draws on our experience
with RealAudio. So we do think that a good, widely supported standard can come 
out of the current
draft without too much work. The industry needs a standard in this area, as 
witness the wide industry support for this effort, we believe that we understand
some aspects of the problem very well, but peer review and the development
of a standard within the IETF process is our goal.

Martin Dunsmuir
General Manager, Server Products
Progressive Networks

At 07:10 AM 10/14/96 -0400, Henning G. Schulzrinne wrote:
>http://www.nytimes.com/library/cyber/week/1014standards.html
>
>It would be nice to hear from the authors of RTSP whether they are
>looking for mmusic to basically approve the document as is or if this is
>supposed to be a genuine IETF effort.
>-- 
>Henning Schulzrinne         email: [email-masked]
>Dept. of Computer Science   phone: +1 212 939-7042
>Columbia University         fax:   +1 212 666-0140
>New York, NY 10027          URL:   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs
>
>