Subject: MMUSIC Agenda Topic List

From: [email-masked] (Ruth Lang)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 96 15:23:19 PST

Folks,

For the two MMUSIC sessions that will be held at the upcoming IETF on:

  Monday, December 9,  13:00-15:00 (multicast), and 
  Tuesday, December 10, 9:00-11:30 (not multicast)

we have compiled the following list of agenda topics.  

- S*IP: overview of a session invitation protocol which blends ideas
  presented in Handley's Session Invitation Protocol and Schulzrinne's
  Simple Conference Invitation Protocol.  A document describing this
  work will be available before the meeting if at all possible.

- SDP: review of modifications made to the Session Description
  Protocol and discussion of this draft's readiness to advance to RFC
  status.  Discuss relationship of SDP to work proposed by the
  Calendaring and Scheduling Working Group.  A new version of this
  internet-draft was posted as available to the mailing list and most
  likely will be posted as an I-D.

- SAP: review of modifications made to the Session Announcement
  Protocol and discussion of this draft's readiness to advance to RFC
  status.  A new version of this internet-draft was posted as
  available to the mailing list and most likely will be posted as an
  I-D.

- RTSP: review of the Real Time Streaming Protocol
  (draft-rao-rtsp-00.txt, soon to be draft-mmusic-rtsp-00.txt),
  discussion of RTSP open issues, general discussion of real-time data
  stream control protocol requirements and scenarios (i.e., scope),
  and presentation of alternate strategies and proposals.

We've also received requests by folks who would like to present
information on conference/call control work being done at British
Telecomm, and the scope of work to be done by the VoIP Forum.  We'll
be working to fit these presentations into the schedule if at all
possible.

Although we anticipate filling the two time slots with these items, we
do welcome your input and suggestions on this list and other items to
be discussed.  We'll circulate a more formal draft agenda later this
week or early next week.

Mark, Ruth, and Eve