Subject: Call for Participation: ACM Sigcomm 2001 Conference

From: "Dilip D Kandlur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:27:32 -0400

Please note that the Hotel registration deadline is approaching (July
23rd)!!!

               Call for Participation
              ACM SIGCOMM 2001 Conference

                    August 27 - August 31, 2001
                 University of California, San Diego, CA USA
                http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2001

Deadlines:

Proposals for student travel grant:      June 15, 2001
Proposals for student poster session:    June 17, 2001
Advance registration ends:              August 3, 2001
Hotel registration deadline:       July 23, 2001

ACM SIGCOMM 2001 is the annual conference of the Special Interest
Group on Data Communication (SIGCOMM), a single-track, highly
selective conference with a technical program of 23 papers, tutorials
by noted instructors on the two days prior, and a panel discussion.

Early registration for SIGCOMM 2001 will soon be available.
Registration details, as well as information on student travel grants
and requests for proposals for the work-in-progress poster session are
available at the SIGCOMM website above.

Social Events

The reception will be at the Birch Aquarium at Scripps.  The Aquarium
is situated on a hilltop site that provides a spectacular view on the
Scripps Institution of Oceanography campus, northern La Jolla, and the
Pacific Ocean.  Conference attendees will have full access to the
aquarium exhibits during the reception. The reception is included in
registration fee for attendees and their guests. No reservations
necessary.

The SIGCOMM 2001 Banquet will be held in the Main Ballroom of the
Hotel Del Coronado, situated on picturesque Coronado Island. Over 112
years old, it is a National Historic Landmark renowned for its
magnificent architecture and legendary guests. The banquet is included
in the registration fee for attendees. There will be a $75 charge for
each guest.

SIGCOMM Award

The SIGCOMM Award is given annually to a person whose career and
technical achievements demonstrate a long-term commitment to the field
of data communications. ACM SIGCOMM is pleased to announce that the 2001
SIGCOMM Award is being given to Van Jacobson of Packet Design, Inc.
Van Jacobson will receive the award and give the conference keynote
address in the opening session on Wednesday.

Tutorials

SIGCOMM 2001 begins with two days of full- and half-day tutorials
covering single topics in detail at both the introductory and advanced
level.  Tutorials offered this year are:

 - Wireless Data
     Phil Karn, Qualcomm, Inc.
 - Traffic Measurement for IP Operations
     Matt Grossglauser and Jennifer Rexford, AT&T
 - Interdomain Routing and BGP
     Timothy G. Griffin, AT&T
 - Equilibrium and Dynamics of TCP
     Prof. Steven H. Low, California Inst. of Technology
 - Algorithms for Networks: Some Techniques for Design and Analysis
     Ashish Goel, University of Southern California
     Nick McKeown and Balaji Prabhakar, Stanford University

Outrageous Opinions Session

The Outrageous Opinions Session provides an opportunity for sharing
entertaining, provocative, and otherwise enriching ideas and suggestions
in their early stages. The session will be held Thursday evening.

Poster Session - Work in Progress

The Poster Session is aimed at showcasing the "work-in-progress" of
students attending the conference.  Poster proposals should be sent by
email to Hari Balakrishnan ([email-masked]) by June 17 (no
extensions).  Please see the conference website for details regarding
the submission format.

Student Travel Awards

The purpose of the student travel program is to encourage graduate
student participation at the conference by partially or fully funding
the travel costs of students who would otherwise be unable to
attend. SIGCOMM 2001 thanks Cisco and SIGCOMM for funding the program
this year.  See the website for eligibility criteria and application
procedures.

General Co-Chairs
        Rene Cruz, UC San Diego, USA ([email-masked])
        George Varghese, UC San Diego, USA ([email-masked])
Program Co-Chairs
        Roch Guerin, U. Pennsylvania, USA ([email-masked])
        Derek McAuley, Marconi Research Center, UK
([email-masked])
Publicity Chair
        Dilip Kandlur, IBM TJ Watson Research Ctr, USA ([email-masked])
Tutorials Chair
        Chuck Kalmanek, AT&T Research, USA ([email-masked])
Local Arrangements Co-Chairs
     Geoff Voelker, UC San Diego, USA ([email-masked])
Finance Chair
     Joe Touch, UCS/ISI, USA ([email-masked])
Publication Chair
     Ramesh Govindan, USC/ISI, USA ([email-masked])
Student Travel Award Chair
     Christos Papadopoulos, U. Southern California ([email-masked])
Student Poster Chair
     Hari Balakrishnan, MIT, USA ([email-masked])

Support from Cisco, IBM, Deloitte and Touche, PMC-Sierra, Marconi,
Procket Networks, Agilent Technologies, Microsoft Research, and
USC/ISI is gratefully acknowledged.

---

From: "Golden G. Richard III, Ph.D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:32:52 -0500

*************    FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS    *************

           **** Paper Submission Deadline: September 20, 2001 **** 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
  The 21st International Performance, Computing and Communications
Conference
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

                             I P C C C ' 2 0 0 2        

                         http://www.ipccc.org/ipccc02

                              April 3-5, 2002

                        Embassy Suites Phoenix North

                              Phoenix, Arizona

                   Co-sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society 
                   Technical Committee on the Internet, and 
                        the IEEE Communication Society 

International Performance, Computing, and Communications Conference
(IPCCC) is the premier IEEE conference presenting research in the
performance of computer and communication systems. For the last two
decades, IPCCC has been a research forum for academic, industrial, and
government researchers. The lively interactions among the researchers
from these merging fields provide a stimulating environment rich with
new ideas.

We encourage submission of high quality papers reporting original work
in both theoretical and experimental research that address the recent
advances in algorithms, architectures, protocols, wired and wireless
network infrastructure, embedded systems, and distributed and mobile
systems and applications.  Topics of interest include, but are not
limited to, the following:

- Mobile and Networked Applications
- Network Protocols and Performance
- High Performance Computing
- Distributed Computing
- Performance Evaluation Methodologies
- Embedded System Design and Integration
- Storage Systems (file systems, databases)
- Wireless Networks
- Mobile and ad-hoc Networking Protocols
- Mobile, Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing
- Power-aware Design and Computing
- Network Security
- Internet Computing
- Web Server Performance

Paper submission: 
-----------------

Submitted manuscripts must not exceed 20 pages based on 11-point font
size.
All papers must be submitted electronically in pdf or postscript format. 
Further information on the electronic submission procedure can be
obtained 
from the conference web site. Direct questions regarding your submission
to 
either of the PC Co-Chairs.

        Darrell D. E. Long              Linda F. Wilson
        U California Santa Cruz         Dartmouth College
        [email-masked]            [email-masked]

Workshop proposal submission:
-----------------------------

Proposals are solicited for half or full day workshops on special topics 
related to IPCCC.  Proposals must not exeed three pages, and should be 
submitted by email to the Workshops Chair:
        
        Jehan-Francois Paris
        University of Houston
        [email-masked]

Panel proposal submission: 
--------------------------

Proposals are solicited for panel sessions on special topics of timely
importance.  Please send your proposal to the Panel Co-Chairs.
Proposals should be no longer than three pages in length and should be
sent by electronic mail to:

        Stephanie Grinage 
        Arizona State University
        [email-masked]

Tutorial proposal submission:
-----------------------------
Proposals are solicited for half-day or full-day tutorials on cutting
edge and 
emerging areas related to the conference topics. We invite experts to
submit 
tutorial proposals to the tutorial chair. Proposals should not exceed
three 
pages and should be emailed to: 

        Golden Richard, III 
        University of New Orleans
        [email-masked] 

Important Dates: 
----------------
o Papers due .......................................Sept 20, 2001
o Workshops, Tutorials, and Panel proposals due ....Sept 20, 2001
o Notifications of acceptance ......................Dec 1, 2001
o Final manuscripts and registrations due ..........Dec 21, 2001

Executive Committee:
--------------------

General Co-Chairs:
  o Matt Diethelm, Independent Consultant
  o Sumi Helal, University of Florida

General Vice Chair:
  o Eric Johnson, New Mexico State University 

Technical Program Co-Chairs:
  o Darrell D.E. Long, University of California, Santa Cruz
  o Linda F. Wilson, Dartmouth College

Workshop Program Chair:
  o Jehan Francois Paris, University of Houston

Panel Program Chair:
  o Stephanie Grinage, Arizona State University

Tutorial Program Chair:
  o Mike Rabinovich, AT&T Labs - Research

Publication Chair: 
  o Gouliang Xue, Arizona State University

Registration Chairs:
  o Brian Grayson, Motorola 
        
Local Arrangement:
  o Sandeep Gupta, Arizona State University

Publicity Chairs:
  o Golden Richard III, University of New Orleans
  o Rick Harrigan, Arizona State University 

Finance Chair
  o Nasr Ullah, Motorola 

IEEE Liaison:
  o Patricia Teller, University of Texas at El Paso

Far East Liaisons:
  o Jogesh Muppala, University of Hong Kong
  o Hee Yong Youn, Sungkyunkwan University

European Liaisons: 
  o Horst Clausen, University of Salzburg, Austria
  o Otto Koudelka, Technical University Graz, Austria

Web Master: 
  o Ken Logan, Motorola 

Program Committee:
-------------------

Karl Aberer, EPFL

R. Dean Adams, IBM

Ian Akylidiz, Georgia Tech

Scott Brandt, U California Santa Cruz

Walter Burkhard, U of California San Diego

Randal Burns, IBM Almaden Research Center

Roger Chamberlain, Washington University, St. Louis

Steve Chapin, Syracuse University

Ken Christensen, University of South Florida

George Cobb, The University of Texas at Dallas

Rita Cucchiara, University of Modena

Sajal Das, University of Texas at Arlington

Ajoy Datta, UNLV

James Davis, Iowa State University

Brett Fleish, University of California, Riverside

J.J. Garcia-Luna-Aceves, U California Santa Cruz

Mario J. Gonzalez, University of Texas at Austin

Mohamed Gouda, University of Texas at Austin

Salim Hariri, University of Arizona

Hossam Hasanein, Queens University

Chris Hawblitzel, Dartmouth College

Ravi Jain, Telcordia

Anupam Joshi, University of Maryland Baltimore County

Minsoo Lee, Oracle

Brian Levine, U Mass Amherst

Jogesh K. Muppala, HongKong University

Ethan Miller, U California Santa Cruz

Donald Needham, US Naval Academy

David Nicol, Dartmouth College

Mohammed Obaidat, Monmouth University

Stephan Olariu, Old Dominion University

Mohamed Ould-Khaoua, University of Glasco

Jehan-Francois Paris, University of Houston

Sartaj Sahni, University of Florida

Shiroh Sakata, NEC Japan

Clay Shields, Purdue University 

Mukesh Singhal, Ohio State University/NSF

Arun K. Somani, Iowa State University

Wojciech Szpankowski, Purdue University

Hairong Sun, Motorola

Boleslaw Szymanski, RPI

Petia Todorova, GMD-FOKUS

Kishor Trivedi, Duke University

Nitin H. Vaidya, Texas A&M University

Philip Wilsey, University of Cincinnati

Joel Yellin, U California Santa Cruz

Hee Yong Youn, Sungkyunkwan University

Philip S. Yu, IBM Watson Research Center

Franco Zambonelli, University of Modena

-------------------------------------------------------------------------