Subject: Updated SIP draft

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 11:30:27 -0500

Folks,

The authors of the SIP spec have collected all of the comments received
from individuals, and from Vern (our AD), and incorporated them into the
specification. As Mark indicated, we anticipate review of this version
at the next IESG call on Nov. 19th.

The changes to the draft were mostly editorial and clarifications. A few
things to note, however:

1. the reliability mechanisms now make use of exponential backoffs
2. authentication requires a client to generate SIP messages in a
canonical form
3. TCP proxies must be stateful

These, and other things, are marked by changebars in the PDF and PS
versions. I've submitted -10 to the archives, and you should receive an
announcement shortly. Until then, you can find a copy at:

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen/sip/drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-10.ps
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen/sip/drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-10.pdf
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen/sip/drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-10.txt

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX:   (732) 834-5379                       Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 11:49:18 -0500

>specification.

I'd like to thank Jonathan for the huge amount of work he's done in
the last week or so integrating comments and achieving concensus
amongst the authors - a job well done!

Also I think we'd all like to thank Vern for his very careful
read-through of the document - I believe the specification is much
clearer as a result of his feedback.  I sincerely hope the other
members of the IESG think so too!

Cheers,
	Mark