Subject: {SDPng} how about smil?

From: Kenichi Kubota <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 06:10:23 +0900

Dear all:

Hi, I'm interested in SDPng which I think discusses about XML-ized SDP. 
Could you let me know how your discussion was/is like?

My name is Kenichi Kubota, Panasonic, who works on the development
of SMIL application on mobile phones, and is a member of
SMIL working group in W3C. I am concerned about lightweight SMIL2.0 and 
SMIL 2.0 Streaming Media Object (aiming at SDP in SMIL), which 
Philipp Hoschka, W3C has proposed before.

I would like to propose SMIL for xml-ized SDP and
am thinking the format below as is the same described in SMIL.

Please guide and welcome me to your discussion!

Best regards,
Kenichi Kubota 
       Digital Network Development Center,
       Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. （Panasonic)
       E-Mail: [email-masked]

-----------extracted from SMIL StreamingMedia ----------------
[Mapping of SDP to Media Object Attributes]
The following example tries map the content of SDP 
into the attributes of media objects.

 v=0                                       ; version
 s=MPEG4 DEMO 1                            ; session name          <-+-+
 a=control:rtsp://symmwg.org/mpeg4/scene01 ; session-level control <-+ |
 ...                                                                   |
 m=video 0 TCP                             ; download video  <-+-----+ |
 a=x-download:http://symmwg.org/mpeg4/scene01/bg             <-+     | |
 a=object_descriptor_id:10                                           | |
 ...                                                                 | |
 m=video 0 RTP/AVP 97                      ; streaming video <-+---+ | |
 a=control:rtsp://symmwg.org/mpeg4/scene01/video             <-+   | | |
 a=object_descriptor_id:20                                         | | |
                                                                   | | |
 m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 97                      ; streaming audio <-+-+ | | |
 a=control:rtsp:/symmwg.org/mpeg4/scene01/audio              <-+ | | | |
 a=object_descriptor_id;30                                       | | | |
 ...                                                             | | | |
                                                                 | | | |
[Example of Media Object attributes for session description]     | | | |
 <smil>                                                          | | | |
   <body>                                                        | | | |
     <par title="MPEG4 DEMO 1"                                   | | | |
       control="rtsp://symmwg.org/mpeg4/scene01">          ------|-|-|-+
       ...                                                       | | |
       <video src="http://symmwg.org/mpeg4/scene01/bg"           | | |   
              port="0" tranport="TCP"/>                    ------|-|-+
       ...                                                       | |
       <video src="rtsp://symmwg.org/mpeg4/scene01/video"        | |
              port="0" tranport="RTP/AVP" rtpformat="97"/> ------|-+
       <audio src="rtsp://symmwg.org/mpeg4/scene01/audio"        |
              port="0" tranport="RTP/AVP" rtpformat="97"/> ------+
       ...
     </par>
   </body>
 </smil>

---

From: Dirk Kutscher <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Sep 2000 15:38:04 +0200

>>>>> "Kenichi" == Kenichi Kubota <[email-masked]> writes:

    Kenichi> Hi, I'm interested in SDPng which I think discusses about
    Kenichi> XML-ized SDP.  Could you let me know how your discussion
    Kenichi> was/is like?

    Kenichi> My name is Kenichi Kubota, Panasonic, who works on the
    Kenichi> development of SMIL application on mobile phones, and is
    Kenichi> a member of SMIL working group in W3C. I am concerned
    Kenichi> about lightweight SMIL2.0 and SMIL 2.0 Streaming Media
    Kenichi> Object (aiming at SDP in SMIL), which Philipp Hoschka,
    Kenichi> W3C has proposed before.

    Kenichi> I would like to propose SMIL for xml-ized SDP and am
    Kenichi> thinking the format below as is the same described in
    Kenichi> SMIL.

    Kenichi> Please guide and welcome me to your discussion!

Kenichi,

thanks for the input.

SMIL (the SMIL media object module) is already on out list -- it has
been proposed by Rob Lanphier before.

Here are a few pointers:

There is a SDP-ng web page at
        http://www.dmn.tzi.org/ietf/mmusic/sdp-ng/

We have set up a mailing list for disussing the SDP-ng development:
        http://www.egroups.com/group/sdp-ng/

We are currently reviewing the relevant input documents and awaiting
further comments from people...

-- 
	Dirk