Subject: SAP Status

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 11:02:19 -0400

What is the status of SAP?

SIP references an out-of-print and unavailable I-D (almost 3 years old) for 
SAP.  SDP references an indeterminate work in progress.  The latest SAP 
draft says it is Version 2 of SAP.  Version 1 doesn't seem to exist in 
either the RFCs or I-D directories.

Is there any plans to ever publish this as an RFC?

Meanwhile, the SIP and SDP RFCs need to be updated with the correct 
references at some point.

Chip
Support NetAid!  http://www.netaid.org
--------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems              Telco Bio-region
Reality - Love it or Leave it.			
--------------------------------------------------

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 16:15:19 +0100

>Is there any plans to ever publish this as an RFC?

Yes. The current version 2 spec is backwards compatible with version 1, and
I hope to get it published as an RFC "real soon now". I have a new version
of the draft coming in time for the November meeting (which removes the
directory session stuff, since Ross and I can't agree on how to do it),
but is otherwise unchanged from the current draft. 

If there are no other comments, I don't see why we can't go to an RFC with
the next version.

Colin

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 18:04:26 +0100

>but is otherwise unchanged from the current draft. 

This has just been submitted, and will appear in the archives shortly.
Until then you can get a copy from
http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/c.perkins/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sap-v2-03.txt

Comments are appreciated!

Cheers,
Colin