From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 09:39:35 +0100

A draft paper on a call control/invitation protocol is available at
ftp://gaia.cs.umass.edu/pub/Schu9510:Personal.ps.gz

We have done an initial implementation, but it's not quite ready for 
release yet.

A side note: We found the SDP format to be too cumbersome and too 
different from 'standard' request/reply conventions and thus 
reluctantly chose a more MIME/HTTP-based format for media description. 
It's also slightly more compact.

I'm also trying to show to a more Telecom-oriented crowd that Internet 
technology plus some relatively minor enhancements can provide services 
which are at least equal to those envisioned for so-called 'intelligent 
networks'. (Just leaf through some of the more recent IEEE 
Communications Magazines for a sampling.)

Comments are appreciated.

Henning

Henning Schulzrinne  email: [email-masked]
GMD-Fokus            phone: +49 30 25499 182
Hardenbergplatz 2    fax:   +49 30 25499 202
D-10623 Berlin       URL:   http://www.fokus.gmd.de/step/hgs