Subject: proxy server

From: Sanjay Nayak <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 09:28:53 -0700

i have couple of quick clarifications. could somebody help me out

1.  will the SIP proxy servers go as part of routers, OR they are going
as saparate components.

2. how the billing works out in the SIP environment.

-sanjay

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 22:11:57 -0400

> 1.  will the SIP proxy servers go as part of routers, OR they are going

The server is a logical function. Put it wherever it makes you happy -
routers,gateways, separate elements, etc. Only requirement is that its
on a machine with a IP address that you can send packets to.

> 2. how the billing works out in the SIP environment.

Lots of different ways, also not specified in the spec. Henning has some
info here on his FAQ:

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/sip/faq.html#charging

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX: (732) 834-5379                         Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen