Subject: SDP

From: Scott Hotes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 18:23:20 -0700 (PDT)

I am writing a session directory tool for Silicon Graphics.  I would
greatly appreciate any help you could give me with the following questions:

-	The first 8 bytes of received version 2 packets appear to be:
	
	0 0 0 0 x x x x

	where 0 is actually 0, and the x's appear to be random.  Are the
	four 0's required, and what is the significance of the second
	four bytes?

-	How often should announcements be sent?

-	Is their a source of information for the ever growing list of
	attribute fields and format types?

-	Relating to the last question, is there a newsgroup or mailing
	list to which I could subscribe?

Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

Scott Hotes

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 10:35:22 +0100

>	list to which I could subscribe?

Confctrl is the correct mailing list.  There's not enough traffic on
this to warrant a separate list at the moment.

The most recent drafts for SDP and SAP are those in
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/confctrl/docs/

The header used by sdr right now is not yet what's in the SAP draft,
but it will give you the general idea.  I hope to send revised drafts
of these sometime soon - any comments or suggestions are of course
welcome.

Mark