Subject: RTSP header fields

From: Volker Hilt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 13:56:09 +0100

Hi,

I've just read the latest RTSP draft (version 09) but some issues got
not quite clear to me. There seems to be a discrepancy between different
sections of draft concerning the assignment of header fields to headers.

In section 8.1 it is stated in BNF, that the "Allow" header field
belongs to the entity header. But in table 3 on page 36 the "Allow"
header field is of type "e", which means that it designates response
headers.

The header field "CSeq" (which designates general headers according to
table 3) does not occur in the BNF description of the general header
(section 5). There are other header fields which also have these
discrepancies.

Can anybody give me a clue.

Thanks in advance,

Volker

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Volker Hilt               Tel:   +49 621 292 5053
Praktische Informatik IV  EMail: [email-masked]
Universitaet Mannheim     http://www.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/~hilt/