Subject: new RTSP caching draft - draft-periyannan-rtsp-caching-00.txt

From: [email-masked] (Alagu Periyannan)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 10:52:12 -0800

Hi all,

I have submitted a new IETF draft on RTSP caching. I look forward to your
comments.

Here is the title and abstract,

Title: Caching Support in Standards-based RTSP/RTP Servers

Abstract:

   This document presents the issues facing streaming media caching. It
   proposes a set of mechanisms to enable streaming media caching
   between standards-based RTSP/RTP servers and proxies. Streaming
   media caching refers to the process through which streaming content
   is dynamically replicated closer to users so as to provide a better
   viewing experience. A list of RTSP enhancements and open issues are
   presented. This document is intended to be a starting point for
   discussion between various parties interested in standardizing the
   mechanism used by RTSP/RTP servers to enable streaming media
   caching.

Thanks.

--

Alagu Periyannan                     [email-masked]
Entera, Inc.                         +1 510 770 5225

---

From: [email-masked] (Alagu Periyannan)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:31:29 -0800

Hi all,

I'm not sure how long it takes for a draft to make its way onto the
internet drafts site. It should be up there soon.

Until then you can get it at,

http://www.entera.com/support/white_papers.html

-Alagu

--