Subject: Re: Speed field in RTSP

From: Gray Cope <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 13:28:58 -0800

I'm confused.  Wasn't Eric arguing against using negative values for speed 
and wants a scale field that can be negative instead?

At 11:21 AM 3/28/97 -0800, you wrote:
>happens just ignore it.  This is probably too detailed for this discussion, 
>but I want to *strongly* support Eric's arguments for a speed attribute that 
>can be positive and negative.

At 03:23 PM 3/26/97 -0800, Eric Fleischman wrote:
>>Speed in the current spec can be a negative number. I believe that this
>>should never be permitted to occur because a negative number is not
>>physically possible: the sink never becomes the source. Rather, what
>>should occur is for the scale field to be permitted to be a negative
>>number.

---

From: Sampo Syreeni <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 16:07:32 +0300 (EET DST)

>and wants a scale field that can be negative instead?

Yep. But perhaps the terminology is a bit hazy sometimes.

Sampo Syreeni (Decoy/dAWN), student, <[email-masked]>