Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-10.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:59:48 -0500

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SIP: Session Initiation Protocol
	Author(s)	: M. Handley, H. Schulzrinne, E. Schooler, J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-10.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 136
	Date		: 13-Nov-98
	
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is an application-
layer control (signaling) protocol for creating, 
modifying and terminating sessions with one or more 
participants. These sessions include Internet multimedia 
conferences, Internet telephone calls and multimedia  
distribution. Members in a session can communicate via 
multicast or via a mesh of unicast relations, or a 
combination of these.

SIP invitations used to create sessions carry session 
descriptions which allow participants to agree on a set 
of compatible media types. It supports user mobility by 
proxying and redirecting requests to the user's current 
location. Users can register their current location. SIP 
is not tied to any particular conference control 
protocol. SIP is designed to be independent of the 
lower-layer transport protocol and can be extended 
with additional capabilities.

This document is a product of the Multi-party Multimedia
Session Control (MMUSIC) working group of the Internet
Engineering Task Force.  Comments are solicited and
should be addressed to the working group's mailing list
at [email-masked] and/or the authors.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-10.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-10.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.