Subject: RTSP <--> MMUSIC

From: Thomas Pfenning <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 23:37:40 -0700

Greetings,

before we continue the interesting discussion about the technical merits
of the RTSP proposal, I hope someone can clarify the role of this
working group in regard to the RTSP proposal to me. Is this draft now
being carried on by the working group chair (without the RTP compression
?) for consolidating the feedback of the working group to allow
refinement and interoperable implementations? Is this supposed to evolve
into a standards track document this working group is trying to drive?

The recent activity on this mailing list seem to indicate enough
interest (emotions?) to have a session at the IETF in San Jose. By
looking at the current agenda
(http://www.ietf.cnri.reston.va.us/meetings/SanJose.html marked subject
to change) I can not find an mmusic session. Is that an oversight or
intentional?

Cheers

	Thomas

---

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 09:28:00 EDT

Thomas,

The WG sessions for the TSV area will all appear at once,
as we treat them as a track.  We are planning two sessions
for MMUSIC in San Jose, and, as Mark said, I have encouraged
the WG to discuss RTSP, with aspects that are being
developed in AVT being discussed there.  We plan two sessions
for AVT as well.

Times soon.

Allison Mankin
TSV Area Co-Director