Subject: Quality of Service Forum Reception and Network Demo

From: Marty Bickford <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 17:49:51 -0700

The Quality of Service Forum is extending an invitation to join us at the
Quality of Service Forum Networking Reception. The highlights of the
reception will include the QoS Network Showcase demonstration and a great
networking opportunity.

QOSF Reception and QoS Network Showcase
---------------------------------------
 ~ QoS Network Showcase demonstration. We'll demonstrate end-to-end QoS
capabilities in an extensive IP network. You'll see the difference between
QoS and non-QoS impact on numerous application categories and via empirical
measurement tools that graphically show the traffic impact of QoS
capabilities. This network reveals current vendor support and
interoperability between emerging products which support new QoS protocols.

Network: http://www.stardust.com/iband2/network.jpg

Description: http://www.stardust.com/iband2/qos-showcase.htm

~ Great networking opportunity to meet with QOSF members and non-members,
ISP's, IP network engineers and the press. You'll learn how the Quality of
Service Forum is playing an important role in the adoption of QoS.

~ Qosnetics will sponsor the QOSF Reception which will be held in concert
with the QOS NetworkShowcase demonstration. You are invited to attend.

~ Participating companies include: 3Com, Abatis, Cisco Systems, Extreme,
Fujitsu, IBM, Intel, IP Highway, IPivot, Lucent, Microsoft, Nortel, Novell,
Orchestream, Qosnetics, Xedia, and NetCom Systems.

Logistics
---------
Where: San Francisco Airport Marriott (in coordination with iBAND2). 
       Signs will assist you to the meeting location.
When:  Sunday May 23, 1999 from 6:30pm - 7:30pm
RSVP:  Please RSVP to Sherryl Alameda by May 19th. [email-masked]

iBAND2 - May 23-25, 1999. San Francisco
---------------------------------------
The Quality of Service Forum is an Association Sponsor of iBAND2.

iBAND2 is targeted at IP Network Professionals in enterprise, service
provider and carrier organizations. At the heart of the event is a 3-track
conference in which the industry’s leading technologists and business
pioneers give leading edge sessions on the technology, deployment and
business of smart bandwidth solutions.

We encourage you to sign-up today at http://www.stardust.com/iband2/

Nortel Networks is the Platinum Sponsor, Intel and NetCom Systems are Gold
Sponsors, the IP Multicast Initiative & the Quality of Service Forum are
Alliance Sponsors, and America's Network, Data Communications, InternetWeek
and tele.com are Publication Sponsors of iBAND2.

Sincerely,
Marty
---
Marty Bickford  - 408.879.8080 (8081-fax)
Stardust Forums - http://www.stardust.com

iBAND2(sm) - The Internet Bandwidth Management Summit