Subject: RTP/RTCP and Q.931 implementation

From: singh pramod <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 22:29:09 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
     I am an university student and I am doing a
project on VoIP. 
     If you have 'C' codes on RTP/RTCP, Q.931
signalling, please provide me the same. 
     Please give me some web site addresses where I
can find those codes.

Thanks,

regards

satish
_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: Orion Hodson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 08:53:00 +0000

> Please give me some web site addresses where I

Of Q931 stacks I know nothing...of RTP implementations a little...

The Lucent Elemedia H.323 stack contains a C RTP/RTCP implementation
and looks to be v. close to functionally complete and is very well
documented.  It was developed by Jonathon Lennox, Jonathon Rosenburg,
and Dan Rubenstein.  You can find documentation at:

	http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen/rtp_api.html

and download it from:

	http://www.elemedia.com/Main/download.htm

You will have to apply for an id and passwd and agree to licensing
conditions (that you can't read without an id ;-).

There is also RTP/RTCP C code in the UCL Multimedia Common library
(open source):

	http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/software/common/

It's not particulatly well documented and there are some parts of the
spec not yet implemented, but it is fairly easy to use and supports
IPv4/v6 (plug plug).  It was developed by Colin Perkins with
contributions from Bill Fenner, Timur Friedman, Markus Germeier, and
myself.  If you are interested we have demo code that's not yet
included in the package that should show you everything you need.

You should also check out Henning's excellent RTP resources:

	http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/rtp/

as there are implementations in Java and C++ that may also be of interest
also.  

You might also checked out openh323 (http://www.openh323.org), and
their site is down at the moment, but they too presumeably have an
implementation.

If there are other publicly available implementations I'd be
interested in hearing about them.

- Orion

BTW, rem-conf is the AVT groups mailing list and where this request
should have gone to.

---

From: Chris Wayman Purvis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 13:47:25 +0000

If you say you're looking at VoIP, Q.931 and RTP/RTCP you're probably ACTUALLY
looking at H.323, in which case www.openh323.org would be a good place to start
(and is a stack with a more open free licence than the Lucent Elemedia one)...

Chris

-- 
Dr Chris Purvis -- Development Manager
ISDN Communications Ltd, The Stable Block, Ronans, Chavey Down Road
Winkfield Row, Berkshire.  RG42 6LY  ENGLAND
Phone: +44 1344 899 007
Fax:   +44 1344 899 001

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 09:19:40 -0500

Orion Hodson wrote:

>         http://www.elemedia.com/Main/download.htm

It is unlikely that this is still available from Elemedia. We are
working on a more manageable license mechanism within Lucent, but this
is taking a while. We will announce availability on rem-conf as we
resolve these issues.

Henning
(another co-author of the library)

-- 
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs