Subject: New version of PEP specification available

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 17:41:19 -0400

A new PEP draft is ready - I have submitted it as an ID today and also as
an W3C WD. You can find it in both txt, html, and ps as

	http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-http-pep-970714.txt
	http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-http-pep-970714.html
	http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-http-pep-970714.ps

You can also find information about PEP at

	http://www.w3.org/Protocols/PEP/

Thanks for the input on the previous PEP - you know who you are!

The main new feature is that the mode of "long lived" mappings no longer is
there as it was too hard to get to work through a proxy. A PEP extension
declaration is now for a single message, which makes all extended messages
understandable by any other PEP agent.

Another new feature is that the mapping of PEP into HTTP/1.1 has been made
explicit so that it is clear what is part of the PEP model and what is part
of the mapping.

Eric Prud'hommeaux will be able to give out some demo code shortly which
will demonstrate the functionality of PEP.

Please read and comment! I will try and get input incorporated into the
draft before the July 30 dead line for submissions for the Munich IETF
meeting.

	http://www.ietf.org/meetings/Munich.html

Thanks,

Henrik
--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen, <[email-masked]>
World Wide Web Consortium
http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk