Subject: definition of "session" ??

From: Jaeho Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 94 1:20:55 KST

Hi! all.

What's formal definition of "session" in MMUSIC ?

it used very frequently and without doubt. 
althogh it is buzz word, seems bizzare.

In my points (session in MIM or multimedia conferencing):
  Session:
	1. a set of active connections among participants, and resources 
	   for those connections
	2. all events or data between start and end of conferecing
	   ex) session recording

it is too hard for me; ;-) help me!!

---

From: Steve Minzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 1994 09:15:14 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from mail: 12-Sep-94 definition of "session" ?? Jaeho
[email-masked]. (434) 

> 	2. all events or data between start and end of conferecing 

The first definition assumes that a session requires connections and
resources--which I do not think is necessarily the case. 
The second doesn't define session at all, but events and things that may
occur within a session.  If we remove the connection stuff from the
first, I think you have something.  A session is a set of associations
among participants.  No doubt it is for the purpose of  a having active
connections and having other events occuring within the context of the
session.