Subject: SDP MIME Type

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 21:37:20 -0400

In the SDP spec, RFC2327, it mentions the use of the MIME Type
"application/sdp."
>From RFC2327:
"For both email and WWW distribution, the use of the MIME content type
"application/sdp" should be used.  "

However, I cannot find this MIME Type in the IANA registered MIME Types at
http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/media-types/

Can someone tell me where the application/sdp MIME Type is registered?

Thanks,
Chip
--------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems              Telco Bio-region 
Reality - Love it or Leave it.			
--------------------------------------------------

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 22:43:47 -0400

It may not be registered with IANA; there are no other registrations.
Probably, the authors should do the registration, but since this is a
ten-minute affair, if nobody else steps forward, I can fill out the web
form.

---

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:32:44 -0400

It would be a good idea to register it to avoid the possibility of someone
else registering it for some other application whose initials are "sdp".

Chip

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 00:41:15 -0700

>ten-minute affair, if nobody else steps forward, I can fill out the web

I did this, twice.  Nothing ever happened.  Looks like the MIME type
registration process doesn't work.  By all means try again....

Mark