Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-williams-uls-00.txt

From: [email-masked] (Eve Schooler)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 96 16:47:42 PST

FYI,

A relevant I-D for MMUSIC enthusiasts.  We're hoping to have
enough time to schedule a presentation.

E.

----- Begin Included Message -----
	
To: IETF-Announce.;@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Sender: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-williams-uls-00.txt
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 96 13:30:40 -0500

--NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

       Title     : User Location Service
       Author(s) : R. Williams
       Filename  : draft-williams-uls-00.txt
       Pages     : 10
       Date      : 02/23/1996

This memo describes a proposed protocol for locating and connecting users
together on an internet.

In the last year, there has been an explosion in the number of client
applications on the Internet that communicate directly with another client
or clients. These applications include internet "telephones", video phones,
whiteboards, and other conferencing applications. Each of these
applications uses a proprietary or ad-hoc solution for providing a
directory of currently connected users and performing name to address
mapping.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
     "get draft-williams-uls-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-williams-uls-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

     o  Africa
	Address:  ftp.is.co.za (196.4.160.8)

     o  Europe
	Address:  nic.nordu.net (192.36.148.17)
	Address:  ftp.nis.garr.it (192.12.192.10)

     o  Pacific Rim
	Address:  munnari.oz.au (128.250.1.21)

     o  US East Coast
	Address:  ds.internic.net (198.49.45.10)

     o  US West Coast
	Address:  ftp.isi.edu (128.9.0.32)

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:  [email-masked]. In the body type:
     "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-williams-uls-00.txt".

NOTE: The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
      MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
      feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
      command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
      a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
      exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
      "multipart" MIME messages (i.e., documents which have been split
      up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
      how to manipulate these messages.

For questions, please mail to [email-masked].

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the Internet-Draft.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type:  Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-williams-uls-00.txt

--OtherAccess
Content-Type:   Message/External-body;
	name="draft-williams-uls-00.txt";
	site="ds.internic.net";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--

--NextPart--

----- End Included Message -----