Subject: Document on reliable multicast protocol

From: Walid Dabbous <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1993 13:59:41 +0100

I've placed a draft report on a reliable multicast protocol
we implemented for a white board application, for anonymous ftp from
zenon.inria.fr: rodeo/mscrawl/rmp.ps.
We are still working on both the protocol design and the white
board implementation enhancement. 

This protocol could be used to provide reliable transport
layer for the session control, but this would require further
work on the draft. 

Comments are welcome.

Walid Dabbous                       | Email : [email-masked]  
INRIA U.R. de Sophia Antipolis      | Phone : +33 93 65 77 18
 2004, Route des Lucioles BP 93     | Telex :      97 00 50 F        
 06902 Sophia Antipolis CEDEX France| Fax   : +33 93 65 77 65

---

From: Jon Crowcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 93 17:22:07 +0000

>Comments are welcome.

Walid 

i'm curious you don't cite my sigcomm 88 paper which addresses
relaible multicast over ip multicast....and has some analysis you
could maybe use (thjough probably way out of date!)

cheers

 jon