Subject: RTSP Interoperability Pilot, Oct. 16-17

From: Rob Lanphier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 15:32:45 -0700

Hi Folks,

I want to now officially invite everyone with working RTSP code to Seattle
for an RTSP Interoperability Pilot, being held October 16-17.  There will
be no cover charge.  We will *insist* however, that you bring working RTSP
implementations of your own creation, and bring everything necessary to run
them (and preferably, the means to fix them as we find bugs).

We will be working over the next couple of weeks to firm up the exact
technical agenda for the meeting (i.e. the test grid and procedure for
running through it).  The main focus will be to gain confidence that
draft04 compliance is a sufficient means to gain interoperability, and that
nothing important is left unstated or just plain wrong.  To that end,
implementations will be expected to be draft04-compliant.

Space is limited, so RSVP as soon as possible.  We plan on hosting about 20
people; if more people RSVP than is conducive to having a productive
meeting, we might need to ask that companies limit the number of
representatives that they send.  We'll cross that bridge when we come to
it, though.

Let me know if you have any questions, and look forward to seeing you!

Thanks
Rob

---
Rob Lanphier               Voice: (206)674-2322         Fax: (206)674-2699
Program Manager-Protocols                         Email: [email-masked]
Progressive Networks-Home of RealAudio            Web: http://www.real.com
For more information on firewalls:       http://www.real.com/help/firewall
For more information on RTSP:                     http://www.real.com/rtsp