Subject: Re: Mailing list for URLs for conversational services

From: Claudio Allocchio +39 40 3758523 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 15:18:24 +0200

Hallo,
just some clarifications:

The work being done in ietf-fax about fax addressing in e-mail service 
(which can be easily adopted also as "generic PSTN addressing in e-mail 
service" for VPIM and any other service over PSTN) is strictly related
to e-mail address schema. 

However the global-phone and local-phone definitions in there are also 
applicable to all the other environments dealt with by the other drafts: 
in fact already one of the other documents (draft-antti-telephony-url-01.txt)
was aligned to these definitions.

There was a proposal from the Harald Alvestrand (Application Area 
co-Director) to align all current proposals using the extension mechanism:

      /label=value

present in draft-ietf-fax-addressing-00.txt already (of course ignoring the
e-mail specific elements defined there).

It currently looks like the ietf-fax group has consensus now on the 
address format (we still need to choose one option: the sub-address 
separator sytnax). If we forgot about some features which cannot be 
handled by the current descriprtion and extension mechanism, please could 
the other people/groups let us know? I'd like to finalise the document 
for final call soon.

Another question: shall I change the title into:

    Common PSTN service addressing in e-mail service

to reflect the most generic scope?

regards
Claudio