Subject: SIP: Proxy and Isomorphic requests those comes from the different hosts

From: Thien Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:14:41 -0800 (PST)

Dear Authors of SIP,

What does the proxy do when it receives isomorphic requests that comes
from different hosts.

For example: Client sends the INVITE request to forking proxy A. After
that, A forks the request to two proxies : B1 and B2. Two proxies (B1,
B2) forward the request to proxy C. How does the proxy C process in
this case?

                     |----> B1  -----
                     |               |   Assume B1 comes first.
Client -----> A -----|               |---->  C
                     |                       ^
                     |                       |
                     |----> B2 --------------|

Thanks                     

Thien Nguyen
Email: [email-masked]

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:45:03 -0500

I know its been a long time since this question was asked, but its an
excellent question. There's been some thinking and implementation tests
with this in preparation of a reasonable answer. I've put together a
short document that discusses the problem and the various solutions and
issues. You can find it at:

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen/sip/multiple_requests.txt

I'm sure there are issues and options I've missed, so please feel free
to send comments either to me or the list.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX:   (732) 834-5379                       Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen