Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sccp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 96 09:41:48 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control Working Group of the IETF.                                         

       Title     : Simple Conference Control Protocol                      
       Author(s) : C. Bormann, J. Ott, C. Reichert
       Filename  : draft-ietf-mmusic-sccp-00.txt
       Pages     : 29
       Date      : 06/13/1996

This document defines a simple conference control protocol for tightly 
coupled conferences, based on the Internet Multimedia Conferencing 
Architecture [1].  The functions provided are based on the services offered
by the ITU-T recommendations of the T.120 (and H.320) series [2], they are,
however, not a simple ``port'' of these recommendations to the Internet.  
Instead, the aim is to define a simple conference control protocol that is 
rich enough to allow the construction of gateways to the T.120 world.  
Also, the protocol is intended to be scalable and robust to failures.  In 
contrast to the ITU-T recommendations, it allows the use of IP multicast 
both for multimedia information and for other applications and control 
streams.                                                       

This document is a product of the IETF MMUSIC working group.  Comments are 
solicited and should be addressed to the working group's mailing list at 
[email-masked] and/or the authors.                                       

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
     "get draft-ietf-mmusic-sccp-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sccp-00.txt
 
Internet-Drafts directories are located at:	
	                                                
     o  Africa                                   
        Address:  ftp.is.co.za (196.4.160.8)	
	                                                
     o  Europe                                   
        Address:  nic.nordu.net (192.36.148.17)	
        Address:  ftp.nis.garr.it (193.205.245.10)
	                                                
     o  Pacific Rim                              
        Address:  munnari.oz.au (128.250.1.21)	
	                                                
     o  US East Coast                            
        Address:  ds.internic.net (198.49.45.10)	
	                                                
     o  US West Coast                            
        Address:  ftp.isi.edu (128.9.0.32)  	
	                                                
Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.	
	                                                
Send a message to:  [email-masked]. In the body type: 
     "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sccp-00.txt".
							
NOTE: The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
      MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
      feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
      command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
      a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
      exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
      "multipart" MIME messages (i.e., documents which have been split
      up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
      how to manipulate these messages.
							
For questions, please mail to [email-masked].

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the Internet-Draft.