Subject: MMUSIC IETF Agenda

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 13:20:19 -0400

Apologies for the very late posting of this agenda - it's been
changing right up to today.  MMUSIC has one slot at the Chicago IETF
on Wednesday from 1pm to 3pm.  

The provisional agenda is:

* SAP and SAP Security (15 min, Edmund Whelan, Mark Handley)

      draft-ietf-mmusic-sap-*

* Local coordination: the Message Bus (20 min, Joerg Ott, Colin Perkins)

      draft-ietf-mmusic-mbus-transport-00.txt
      draft-ietf-mmusic-mbus-protocol-00.txt (un-official)

      This has come up at a number of times in MMUSIC over the past
      three years (previously under the name Session Coordination
      Protocol).  It's not currently an MMUSIC charter work item -
      one of the reasons for discussing it here is to decide if it
      should become one.

* SIP Finalization (15 min, Mark Handley)
      draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-08.txt

      We've sent the SIP spec to the IESG now, but this is to allow
      time for anyone to raise any last-minute important issues.

* SDP and SMIL (30 min, Philipp Hoschka)

      It would be valuable if people could have some background
      knowledge of SMIL. 
      Background information: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/#SMIL
      draft-hoschka-smilsdp-00.txt
       or
      http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/1998/08/draft-hoschka-smilsdp-00

* SDP URLs (15 mins)

      This subject keeps coming up.  WG concensus appears to be that 
      it's a bad idea, but I don't think the discussions have ever
      been publically documented.
      
      Fujikawa Kenji (5 minutes)
      Mark Handley (5 minutes)

* MPEG-4 over RTSP problem discussion (15 mins, no presentation)

      General discussion of issues involved in using MPEG-4 with RTSP.

See you in Chicago!

Cheers,

	Mark, Eve, Joerg, and Ruth