Subject: RTSP: Removal of SESSION

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 12:26:52 -0500

Since SESSION is really just DESCRIBE in the other direction (server to
client), I suggest dropping it. Anybody particularly attached to the
method?

---

From: Jeff Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 15:16:38 -0800

Does this mean you will eliminate the server to client expression - or
just call it the same for both directions?

Sorry, don't have the spec in front of me know and don't have context.

From memory - there are requirements for the server to stipulate this
type of information...

|Since SESSION is really just DESCRIBE in the other direction (server to
|client), I suggest dropping it. Anybody particularly attached to the
|method?
|

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 18:42:06 -0500

> just call it the same for both directions?

The latter: DESCRIBE for both directions.