Subject: RTSP and HTTP version

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 13:04:00 +0200

Hi,

RTSP RFC 2326 reference the obsoleted version of HTTP/1.1 RFC2068.
Should an implementor use the corresponding sections in RFC 2616?

Regards

Magnus Westerlund

Audio Technology, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson Radio Systems AB  | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

---

From: Rob Lanphier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 10:35:19 -0700

Hi Magnus,

Some sections of RFC 2068 do not appear in RFC 2616.  We fully intend to 
update the RTSP specification to reference RFC 2616 where appropriate 
(possibly quoting verbatim the parts of RFC 2068 that were removed in the 
update).

Other than removed material, I don't know of any inconsistencies between 
RFC 2068 and 2616 with regards to the portions used by RTSP.  From a 
legalistic perspective, RFC 2068 is the correct version, but RFC 2616 
should be usable.  If you find anything in RFC 2616 which introduces a 
problem, please let us know.

Thanks
Rob