Subject: SDP syntax fo H.263 options (draft)

From: [email-masked] (Koskelainen Petri NRC/Tre)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 10:35:18 +0200

There is new  internet-draft coming out soon describing the SDP syntax
for H.263 options and parameters, and their relation to SIP and SAP.
For those who can't wait, see it in:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~petkos/draft-koskelainen-sdp263-00.txt

We have made most changes suggested by Stephen Casner, except that
MaxBitRate is still used since we think that SDP b attribute is not the same
as MaxBitRate in SDP H.263 decoder capabilities.

Moreover, SIP spec would need minor changes to say that unicast
codec / codec options are not always symmetric. To make asymmetric
usage possible, it is necessary to define that SDP codecs and codec options
are only (advertized)  decoder capabilities. Both ends (in INVITE, and its 
OK reply
messages), define their decoders. Current SIP spec is not saying anything 
about
this.

 --
Petri