Subject: RE: [Sip-implementors] SIP Conference Control for peer conference calls

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 01:04:38 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Fleischman, Eric W [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 8:47 PM
> To: [email-masked]'; [email-masked]'
> Subject: [Sip-implementors] SIP Conference Control for peer conference
> calls
> 
> 
>An approach which makes sense to me is to duplicate the "phone bridge" in
the SIP world in 
>the sense that each participant establishes a bi-directional session to a
central bridge, 
>and the bridge distributes the call. Are there any such implementations of
this using 
>Internet technologies? 

Definitely. The concepts are documented in:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sip-conferencing-mode
ls-00.txt

There are several commercial products available, shipping now, that work
under the centralized bridge model descibed in section 4; Voyant, for
example. I think this model is the one you are referring to above.

-Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com