Subject: SIP question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 18:46:24 -0500

Hi,

I have a SIP question: 
With SIP call set up for a conference call, is it possible to determine how
many parties are involved, just from looking at the SIP signaling?

BR,
Rene Purnadi
Nokia Research Center
[email-masked]
972.894.4897

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 00:00:13 -0400

Depends on how the conference call is done. If its through a dialup
conference bridge, no. The signaling relationship is one to one between
each participant and the bridge. You can tell from the RTCP, though. In
the case of fully distributed multi-party conferencing (still being
spec'ed out), yes.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com