Subject: Questions on RTSP

From: Rakesh Manocha <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 05:56:47 -0600

Hi,

I have the following  questions on RTSP  and would appreciate if someone
would clarify.

[1]  Where can I find a description of RTSL ?

[2]  Is the following correct ?

Consider a presentation consisting of 1 audio and 1 video stream.

case 1 :  If the audio and video streams reside on different servers, then
the client will have to setup and handle two RTSP sessions.

case 2 : If both the audio and video stream reside on the same server, then
the client will always use a single RTSP session and distinguish between
streams using URIs.

[3]  is there a reference implementation of a RTSP client available
somewhere ?
(one which is based on draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-01 or
draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-02 )

Thanks in advance.

Rakesh Manocha
[email-masked]
Novell India Development Center
Phone : +91-80-5537856 Extn 2008
Fax : +91-80-5537892