Subject: javacast, sd, etc

From: Jon Crowcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 1996 10:09:46 +0000

mark

howz LA?

i have java mcast working just fine (from java programs AND from
inside netscape 2 - of course if the netscape people plug the
[recently CERT advised] secutiry hole, the latter will probably stop
working:-)

we thought that next things to do are
a) implement the SD stuff so i can browese the sessions from within a
java program , and then download (instead of laucnh) the appropriate
java applet.....

so all i have to so is RTP/RTCP in java, sd in java, and a 
extension, so as well as there being a URL for "further information",
there is a URL for the applets themselves...

or else make the media fields optionally URLs ...

i.e. instead of h261 or pcm, you'd have
http://www.java.yourfavouritesoftwaresite/vic.java

sort of....

jon

---

From: Peter Parnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 1996 13:11:37 +0100

> so all i have to so is RTP/RTCP in java

I've done this :-) I have a RTP2 implementation including SRM and a WebCast application including Netscape-control and CCI-input. 

I'm sitting here right now writing a draft on my extensions to RTP2 for SRM.

The RTCP/RTP stuff is inter-operable with VIC/VAT (by the way anyone know if it's a bug that Vat4 doesn't read SDES-info in a SR-packet?).

/P