Subject: Calendar formats and scheduling

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 1996 17:42:35 +0200

A while ago, somebody inquired whether there are existing efforts on 
scheduling and calendars. By accident, I came across the Versit 
Consortium Specification called "vCalendar: The Electronic Calendar and 
Scheduling Exchange Format". This appears to be work-in-progress, but 
they do have a fairly intensive set of capabilities for specifying 
event times. Since it would indeed be nice if I could get my calendar 
to automatically schedule Mbone meetings (and use the group scheduling 
features and such that these tools have), it might be worth considering 
or trying to influence their spec, if it's close enough.

A copy of the spec (that I converted from WinWord to PostScript) is at 
http://www.fokus.gmd.de/step/misc/vcal03.ps

Versit has a web page at www.versit.com

Henning

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 08:59:35 +0200

Henry Sinnreich wrote:

> Henning,
> How can I obtain the WinWord version ?
> For us Windows users :-), WinWord is instantly accessible.
> 

Sorry, forgot to give the original source:

 ftp://ftp.ralden.com/versit/vCalendar-Spec/vcal03.doc

Henning