Subject: SDP syntax

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:46:34 +0300

Hi,

I have just recently subscribed myself to this list, so I appologise if
the following issue has already been discussed.

A while ago I found an ABNF bug(?) in the RFC, and while reading the -03
version of the sdp-new draft I saw that it is still there.

The ABNF (page 34) says:

proto =               1*(alpha-numeric)
                      ;typically "RTP/AVP" or "udp" for IP4

However, the slash ("/") character is not part of alpha-numeric, so
according to the rule "RTP/AVP" is not a valid value.

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:30:29 -0400

Thanks, I'll fix it in the next version of the draft.

Colin