Subject: draft-olson-sdp-ipv6-02.txt

From: "Sean Olson (EUS)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:10:47 -0500

Hello,

Attached is an updated version of the draft
describing how to encode IPv6 addresses in
SDP. There are very minor edits, but mostly
this is a re-submission because the draft
has expired.

Any comments or questions are welcome.

Regards,
Sean Olson
Ericsson Inc.

---

From: Pekka Pessi <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Oct 2001 15:50:02 +0300

>Attached is an updated version of the draft describing how to encode
>IPv6 addresses in SDP. There are very minor edits, but mostly this is a
>re-submission because the draft has expired.

>Any comments or questions are welcome. 

	I'd like to include both IPv6 and IPv4 addresses for a
	dual-stack host in the SDP.  While SDP syntax supports including
	multiple addresses in the media description, that syntax is
	intended for layered session with multiple groups.  

	An attribute containing the IPv6 address would be best for
	indicating the alternative addresses of a dual stack host.  the
	attribute could have syntax like connection line:

a=dual-c:IN IP6 3ffe:1200:3012:c006:290:27ff:fe7d:d024

	What do you think?

						Pekka
<

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 22:14:34 -0400

>Any comments or questions are welcome.

Should the draft say anything about the use of IPv6-mapped-IPv4 addresses?
The BNF makes them legal syntactically, but I'm not sure the semantics are
clear (it should, at least, note the potential for representing an IPv4
address in two different ways).

Editorially, the draft needs a security considerations section and an IANA
considerations section (to note that it updates the definition of the IP6
addrtype parameter), and a reference to RFC2119.

Regards,
Colin