Subject: Re: RTSP

From: [email-masked] (Gary A. Nelson)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 19:42:16 -0600

Greetings,

>[SNIP]
>>Certainly this is going to be more than just playback of on-demand.  We see
>>this as being a control protocol layered on top of RTP to provide the
>>control elements necessary for widespread RTP use.  We currently are
>>focusing on the need to control playback in the near term, but we have
>>definitely set our sights on controling all aspects of transmission, because
>>we have a need to standardize all elements of media delivery.

YOur comment "controling all aspects of transmission" could imply a call
model. How does a standardized API like the emerging JavaTel
(http://java.sun.com/products/javatel/) fit into the picture." Seems like
this work needs to be factored into the program. Whatchathink?

GN

********************************
*                                                           *
*   Dr. Gary A. Nelson                            *
*     Zynrgy Group Inc                            *
*       20708 North Deerpath Road          *
*         Barrington, IL 60010-3787         *
*           +1 847 304 0000 vox                *
*              +1 847 304 1929 fax             *
*                 [email-masked]           *
*                                                            *
********************************