Subject: MPEG-4 operation with RTSP

From: "Vahe Balabanian" <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Aug 1998 12:09 EDT

Dear all,

This draft technical proposal describes how MPEG DMIF (Delivery 
Multimedia Integration Framework)  can be used with RTSP for setting 
MPEG-4 service sessions and subsequently detaching the service. DMIF 
creates an instance of DMIF RTSP augmented with QoS appropriate for 
each MPEG-4 stream and also makes use of the FlexMux to carry multiple 
streams on a single UDP or TCP IP flow. The stream control play/pause 
etc. using RTSP is executed directly by the MPEG-4 Systems Sync Layer. 

I unfortunately missed the deadline for the upload but
the file draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-mpeg4-dmif-00.txt
can be accessed with anonymous from ftp at 
192.58.194.75/pub/vahe or at
ftp.playground.net/pub/vahe

I will be at the Chicago meeting and will participate
Wednesday 13:00-15:00 in the MMUSIC session in 
Sheraton 5 for those who wish to discuss their
comments with me.

Thanks you,

Vahe Balabanian
[email-masked]
Phone: (613) 763-4721

---

From: "Vahe Balabanian" <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Aug 1998 14:08 EDT

Mark, 

In message "Re: MPEG-4 operation with RTSP", [email-masked] writes:

>I should point out that the normal IETF way of doing things is to
>submit drafts like this as a private draft ("draft-balabanian-rtsp-")
>rather than as a working group draft.  This is NOT a product of the
>MMUSIC working group and is not currently on our charter as being
>within our scope.  

I did not know it and you are  of course right. Since I have not yet
uploaded it to Internet-Drafts I will make the necessary name change.

Again thank you for pointing this out to me.

Vahe Balabanian