Subject: Re: RTP/RTCP and Q.931 implementation

From: singh pramod <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 07:32:05 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
    please let me know, 
1. in a compound RTCP packet, When I sending SR &  
   RR,      is it necessary to send SSRC message  
   repeatedly? 

2. SDES packet shoud also be included in that?

3. can we decide the transmission interval ourself, 
   when only two participants are there?

thanks and regards

pramod singh

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: Orion Hodson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:40:12 +0000

> RR,      is it necessary to send SSRC message  

Yes.

> 2. SDES packet shoud also be included in that?

Each compound RTCP packet MUST include the CNAME.  The other SDES
entries are optional - they may depend on available bandwidth or
application constraints/relevance.

> when only two participants are there?

You've probably read the guidelines in rfc1889.txt and the latest
proposed revision draft-ietf-avt-rtp-new-06.txt.  The question is
whether your application needs to comply with the standard.  If you
are conducting a piece research where you believe it will be useful to
transmit at a higher rate then by all means do so (I'm sure there
would be plenty of parties interested in the pro's and con's).  If you
are writing a piece of software for redistribution and interoperation
then you should aim to comply with the standard.

Kind Regards
- Orion

BTW, pls try to keep RTP/RTCP related questions to the appropriate
forum, i.e. [email-masked].