Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-sec-00.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:03:46 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SIP Security Using Public Key Algorithms
	Author(s)	: P. Kirstein, G. Montasser-Kohsari, E. Whelan
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-sec-00.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 18-Mar-98
	
  The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a simple protocol designed
  to enable the invitation of users to multimedia sessions. This
  document is a companion draft to draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-04.txt, which
  defines SIP but doesn't specify any security mechanisms other than
  possible protection by lower-level security mechanisms such as SSL.
  This leaves SIP transactions vulnerable to attack and this document
  aims to extend the SIP protocol to address such security
  considerations.  This document is a product of the Multiparty
  Multimedia Session Control (MMUSIC) working group of the Internet
  Engineering Task Force Comments are solicited and should be addressed
  to the working group's mailing list at [email-masked] and/or the
  authors.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-sec-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-sec-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-sec-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.