Subject: java internet telephone

From: Jon Crowcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 1997 10:54:13 +0100

<a href=http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/jon/jip/>Java Internet Phone</a> 
An MSc group developed this
which is RTP/SDP/SIP/JTAPI compliant, Java Internet Phone, with
relaying between POTS and the Internet - its very cute!. The gateway
runs on a Windows Nt box, and requires Dialogic cards for the DTMF and
telephone audio interworking, but uses JTAPI (JAVA Telephone API)
so its fairly portable. The actual internet phone part works on Unixes
and PCs ok (though there are some thread shcedulign problems on
Solaris). Mail me if you're interested in the code...it has a stub
rsvp implementation in it too...I cannot vouch for how bug free it all
is...

obiously, the work is copyrght the students....so i am not giving it
out immediately for free....

---

From: Cui-Qing Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 15:48:34 -0500 (CDT)

It sounds a very interesting project. I'd be more than happy to receive a
copy of the code if I can.

Thanks.

Cui-Qing Yang