Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sap-sec-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 09:39:21 -0400

A Revised Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
 directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia 
 Session Control Working Group of the IETF.                                

       Title     : Specification of Security in 
                   SAP Using Public Key Algorithms                                              
       Author(s) : P. Kirstein, G. Montasser-Kohsari, E. Whelan
       Filename  : draft-ietf-mmusic-sap-sec-01.txt
       Pages     : 16
       Date      : 07/29/1997

The Session Announcement Protocol (SAP) has been specified in such a way 
that authentication and privacy can be assured. However the algorithms and 
mechanisms to achieve such security are not prescribed in the current 
draft. This document extends the SAP protocol, by describing specific 
algorithms and formats of authentication and encryption formats based on 
the DES, PGP and PKCS#7 standards. It is a companion document to 
draft-ietf-mmusic-sap.                       
                             
This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control 
(MMUSIC) working group of the Internet Engineering Task Force Comments are 
solicited and should be addressed to the working group's mailing list at 
[email-masked] and/or the authors.                                       

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
     "get draft-ietf-mmusic-sap-sec-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sap-sec-01.txt
 
Internet-Drafts directories are located at:	
	                                                
     o  Africa:  ftp.is.co.za                    
	                                                
     o  Europe:  ftp.nordu.net            	
                 ftp.nis.garr.it                 
	                                                
     o  Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au               
	                                                
     o  US East Coast: ds.internic.net           
	                                                
     o  US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu               
	                                                
Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.	
	                                                
Send a message to:  [email-masked]. In the body type: 
     "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sap-sec-01.txt".
							
NOTE: The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
      MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
      feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
      command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
      a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
      exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
      "multipart" MIME messages (i.e., documents which have been split
      up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
      how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the Internet-Draft.