Subject: Re: T.120

From: Ruth Lang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 1995 14:22:22 -0700

Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 19:31:10 +0000
From: [email-masked] (Ken Krechmer)

> I have been reading the e-mail responses on this reflector to
> Microsoft's announcement of T.120 data conferencing support.  Note
> that T.120 data conferencing will also be supported in H.320 (ISDN
> video phone) and H.324 (PSTN video phone). I think that MCU based
> multipoint conferencing solutions are designed for latency sensitive
> traffic.  However some of the work on T.12x Recommendations extends
> well beyond isochronous requirements (e.g. T.124 Generic Conference
> Control which deals with registration and related issues).
> 
> It seems to me that the concerns about or interworking with MCU based
> conferencing solutions could be developed into a discussion paper.  I
> would be glad to pass such a discussion paper to the T.120 reflector
> and to mention it at the SG 8 meeting.  ITU protocol prevents me from
> bringing in such a paper at this late date.

Ken,

As reflected in the revised charter that Eve Schooler included with
the suggested reading list for the Apr. 5 meeting, the Working Group
is interested in discussing and documenting interoperability issues
between MMUSIC, and ITU and industry consortium protocols.  Part of
the presentation of the revised charter will focus on this issue,
encourage discussion on which interoperability areas to focus, solicit
opinions on how to best document the related issues (e.g., a
stand-alone document vs sections within MMUSIC protocol
specifications), and look for volunteers who are well-versed in
both/multiple arenas.

Your offer to forward an interoperability discussion paper is
acknowledged and appreciated.  We also welcome your participation in
creating the content of a potential document.

> I will be attending the next Study Group 8 Q10 meeting (T.120) in
> Geneva for the next two weeks (March 13-23, 1995).

MMUSIC would welcome your sending email to [email-masked] with a
summary/points of interest from this (as well as future) meeting.

Regards,

Ruth