Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-mbus-transport-00.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 15:02:41 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Message Bus for Conferencing Systems
	Author(s)	: J. Ott, C. Perkins, D. Kutscher
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-mbus-transport-00.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 11-Aug-98
	
   In a variety of scenarios, a local communication channel is desirable
   for conference-related information exchange between co-located but
   otherwise independent application entities, for example those taking
   part in application sessions that belong to the same conference.
   Such a mechanism allows for coordination of applications entities to
   e.g. implement synchronization between media streams or realize
   tightly coupled conferences.  The local conference Message Bus (Mbus)
   provides a means to achieve the necessary amount of coordination
   between co-located conferencing applications for virtually any type
   of conference.  The Message Bus comprises two logically distinct
   parts: a message transport and addressing infrastructure and a set of
   common as well as media tool specific messages. This documents deals
   with message addressing, transport, and security issues and defines
   the message syntax for the Mbus.  It does not define application
   oriented semantics and procedures for using the message bus.  The
   common procedures for Mbus operation as well as the common set of
   application/media specific messages are introduced in a companion
   Internet draft[9].
 
   This document is intended for discussion in the Multiparty Multimedia
   Session Control (MMUSIC) working group of the Internet Engineering
   Task Force.  Comments are solicited and should be addressed to the
   working group's mailing list at [email-masked] and/or the authors.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-mbus-transport-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-mbus-transport-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-mbus-transport-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.