Subject: SIP+ latest draft - Follow up

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 19:02:27 +0530

Hi a followup to my mail:

I have just gone thru draft-zimmerer-mmusic-sip-bcp-t-00.txt and
draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-info-method-01.txt
Both these two together  suggest one form of MGC-MGC communication.

I also have the SIP+ doc from Level 3 (ed 0.0 draft 0.1) which suggests a
different one.

Which out of the two have gained more prominence as of now ?

The sip-bcp doc dated Sep 1999 is more recent than the SIP+ doc I have -
has SIP+ eveloved beyond the doc I have ?

Thx for any input !
Regds
Arjun

--
Arjun Roychowdhury @ Hughes Software Systems
Off: Prestige Opal,146 Infantry Road,Blore - 560001  Ph:+91-080-2286390/1/2

---------------------- Forwarded by Arjun Roychowdhury/HSSBLR on 10/06/99
07:02 PM ---------------------------

Arjun Roychowdhury
10/06/99 06:30 PM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:  SIP+ latest draft

Hi,
It seems hgs' site is down - have been trying to access it - but :-(
I have with me an old copy of SIP+ from Level 3. That was long ago -
could anyone point me to the updated version - where  I can get it from
(besides hgs' site which seems down)

Thx
Regds
Arjun

--
Arjun Roychowdhury @ Hughes Software Systems
Off: Prestige Opal,146 Infantry Road,Blore - 560001  Ph:+91-080-2286390/1/2

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 10:52:24 -0400

> Hi a followup to my mail:

As a meta-point, this discussion should be on the SIP mailing list, not
confctrl.

> Both these two together  suggest one form of MGC-MGC communication.

The term SIP+ is obsolete and should not be used. It just creates
confusion. There is no separate protocol, just a set of recommendation,
the BCP, for carrying multipart MIME messages in SIP, plus some other
extensions.

I've added this to the FAQ and moved the document below to the
"historical" section. 

> I also have the SIP+ doc from Level 3 (ed 0.0 draft 0.1) which suggests a

This document is outdated.

> It seems hgs' site is down - have been trying to access it - but :-(

The site is back up.

-- 
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs