Subject: RE: RTSP: 6. Destination for data that is not the source of control messages

From: Philip Lantz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 10:00:15 -0700

At 09:11 AM 4/18/97 -0700, Eric Fleischman wrote:

>I suggest rather that we ensure that RTSP has the necesary "hooks" to
>stream data into H.323 conferences and into MBONE conferences.

Eric, could you please clarify what you mean by a "hook"? That's exactly
what I was thinking the proposed mechanism is: a hook to allow an RTSP
server to stream data into a conference. If you have some other sort of hook
in mind to support this, I would like to hear about it.

Philip Lantz
[email-masked]

---

From: "Henning Schulzrinne (BL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 21:02:27 -0400

> in mind to support this, I would like to hear about it.

The hook is there, via the Conference: header. This will likely be
needed for H.323 and similar, where a media server can't just be told to
send to a given uc/mc address without introducing itself properly via a
signaling protocol.