Subject: Updated SIP spec

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 15:37:06 -0500

Folks,

There's been a fair amount of discussions between the authors and our
AD's concerning the use of SRV records in the SIP specification. In the
-11 version Henning mailed out, the use of them was normative. However,
since it seems like this will seriously hold us up, and in fact the
proposed SRV text may change, we have just changed this to MAY. You can
pick up a copy with this change at:

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen/sip/drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-11.ps
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen/sip/drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-11.txt

Sorry for the confusions,
-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX:   (732) 834-5379                       Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen