Subject: draft-bormann-mmusic-semantics-00.txt

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 19:33:07 +0100

Dear fellow MMUSICians,

just in time for the I-D deadline for Dallas, I shipped a half-baked
internet draft called draft-bormann-mmusic-semantics-00.txt to Cynthia
(see attached abstract).  If you want to read this draft before it
turns up in the internet draft directories, you may want to try
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/cabo/semantics.ps (note that this
URL will always point to the very current version I'm editing).

Earlier, I also sent off draft-bormann-mmusic-itu-interop-01.txt (just
a minor change-barred update to -00).  This unfortunately does not
contain all results from the Geneva SG15 meeting which will conclude
only on Friday.  We may be able to post a short summary of the recent
developments within ITU to this list by next week.

Gruesse, Carsten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abstract

   This memo presents a set of object classes that can be used to define
   the local representation of the state of the conferences (sessions)
   that the local system is involved in (LASSO: local session state
   objects).  In addition, some initial information is given on how to
   map this state to similar semantics in the ITU T.120 series of
   recommendations.  We think these object classes might be used as a
   basis for defining the dynamic state variables visible in the
   horizontal control protocol used in a session.

   This memo is a submission to the IETF MMUSIC working group.
   Currently, this memo is in ``strawman'' stage.  Comments of any kind
   are positively encouraged and should be addressed to the
   [email-masked] mailing list.