Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-agree-00.txt, .ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 95 10:41:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control Working Group of the IETF.                                         

       Title     : Managing Shared Ephemeral Teleconferencing State:  
                   Policy and Mechanism                                    
       Author(s) : S. Shenker, A. Weinrib, E. Schooler
       Filename  : draft-ietf-mmusic-agree-00.txt, .ps
       Pages     : 29
       Date      : 07/07/1995

In recent years there has been dramatic progress on the enabling 
technologies for workstation-based multimedia teleconferencing 
applications.  We expect that such applications will soon become an 
important component of many future social and business interactions.  
Teleconferencing applications have aspects of their state, such as 
membership, types of media beings used, and encryption, that are under 
joint control.  Much of this state is "ephemeral", in that it is of 
importance only for the duration of a session, and does not have importance
outside of the session itself.  In this paper we focus on the specification
and realization of policies for managing this shared ephemeral 
teleconferencing state.  We first define a broad family of policies which 
has three dimensions:  initiation, voting and consistency.  We then 
consider three different communication models, and for each model present a
mechanism which implements this family of policies.  

This specification is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session 
Control working group within the Internet Engineering Task Force. 
Comments are solicited and should be addressed to the working group's 
mailing list at [email-masked] and/or the authors.                                          

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
     "get draft-ietf-mmusic-agree-00.txt".
 Or 
     "get draft-ietf-mmusic-agree-00.ps".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-agree-00.txt
 
Internet-Drafts directories are located at:	
	                                                
     o  Africa                                   
        Address:  ftp.is.co.za (196.4.160.8)	
	                                                
     o  Europe                                   
        Address:  nic.nordu.net (192.36.148.17)	
        Address:  ftp.nis.garr.it (192.12.192.10)
	                                                
     o  Pacific Rim                              
        Address:  munnari.oz.au (128.250.1.21)	
	                                                
     o  US East Coast                            
        Address:  ds.internic.net (198.49.45.10)	
	                                                
     o  US West Coast                            
        Address:  ftp.isi.edu (128.9.0.32)  	
	                                                
Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.	
	                                                
Send a message to:  [email-masked]. In the body type: 
     "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-agree-00.txt".
 Or 
     "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-agree-00.ps".
							
NOTE: The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
      MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
      feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
      command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
      a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
      exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
      "multipart" MIME messages (i.e., documents which have been split
      up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
      how to manipulate these messages.
							
For questions, please mail to [email-masked].

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the Internet-Draft.