Subject: (CNC) Re: SG-15 last meeting

From: Rich Baker/PicTel <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Jun 96 23:49:31 EDT

I am pleased to announce that H.323 was "Decided" at the SG15 meeting in Geneva 
last Tuesday.  In ITU-T parlance, that makes H.323 as good as a "Standard", 
since the final step (an official vote, nation-by-nation, with 70% approval) 
virtually always is achieved.

So... 

o  Given the number of major manufacturers already in the process of developing 
interworking H.323 implementations;

o  Given H.323's adoption of RTP/RTCP;

o  Given H.323's compatibility with RSVP;

o  Given H.323's comprehensive support of edge gateways to H.320/H.324 
(ISDN/POTS) standards based terminals, which permit WAN-based and 
Internet-based terminals to easily conference and interwork...

... I have confidence that H.323 is poised to become the intranet and internet 
standard for videoconferencing.

Another step towards this goal was made last month.  The IMTC CNC activity 
group I chair formed an "H.323 Implementators" subgroup, chaired by Jim Toga, 
to facilitate vendors building H.323 products.  Those interested in joining 
should contact myself ([email-masked]) or Jim (jtoga @ ibeam.jf.intel.com).

Later this month work begins on the next phase of H.323 standards development.

Many, many thanks to the tireless efforts of the folks who made it all happen, 
particulary our intrepid (and sleep deprived...) editors:

o  Gary Thom (Delta Information Systems), H.323 Editor
o  Dale Skran (Lucent), H.224 Editor
o  Mark Reid (PictureTel), H.245 extensions Editor

... and to Sakae OKUBO (Graphics Communication Laboratories, 
[email-masked]), who is the Rapporteur for this work inside SG15.

Cheers,
-rich baker
 IMTC Corporate Network Conferencing AG Chair
 PictureTel Corporation
 [email-masked]

=====

To: confctrl @ ISI.EDU @ smtp
From: ldepieri @ ifhamy.insa-lyon.fr (Luis de Pieri) @ smtp
Date: 06/05/96 09:01:54 AM
Subject: SG-15 last meeting

Hello,

 Does anybody knows if we're going to get on this list, or on the
Internet, the happenings/results of the SG-15 last meeting at Geneva/May/96 ?

 Thanks,

 Luis

---

From: Henry Sinnreich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 21:48:35 -0500

Rich,

Is the any online info anywhere ?

Would appreciate it.

Thanks, Henry

----------
From: 	Rich Baker/PicTel[SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent: 	Thursday, June 06, 1996 10:49 PM
To: 	Luis de Pieri
Cc: 	confctrl; rem-conf; IMTC
Subject: 	(CNC) Re: SG-15 last meeting

So... 

Cheers,
-rich baker

=====

Hello,

 Thanks,

 Luis

---

From: Rich Baker/PicTel <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Jun 96 23:48:39 EDT

Hi Henry:

The H.323 working documents are maintained at an FTP site by Mr. Okubo, the 
Rapporteur for H.323.  While password protected, Mr. Okubo encourages anyone 
interested in the H.323 work to access the site:

 Site:       ftp.gctech.co.jp
 Login name: itu-t
 Password:   sg15!avc

You can see most recently posted 10 files by typing

             "ls -ltr | tail".

Please note that Mr. Okubo assures me he will post the most recent drafts of 
the H.323, H.225.0 and H.245 recommendations within the next few days.

Cheers,
-rich baker
 IMTC Corporate Network Conferencing AG chair
 [email-masked]

=====

To: Rich Baker, ldepieri @ ifhamy.insa-lyon.fr (Luis de Pieri) @ smtp
cc: confctrl @ ISI.EDU @ smtp, rem-conf @ es.net @ smtp, IMTC @ world.std.com @ 
smtp 
From: henry.sinnreich @ mci.com (Henry Sinnreich) @ smtp
Date: 06/07/96 09:48:35 PM
Subject: RE: (CNC) Re: SG-15 last meeting

Rich,

Would appreciate it.

Thanks, Henry