Subject: Comments on SIP

From: Yaron Goland <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 14:28:43 -0700

At the last IETF I promised that I would read through the SIP draft (v5) and
explain what SIP would need to do in order to be HTTP compliant.

I have finished reading the draft and have written up my comments which are
currently 13 pages long. However I am still actively editing them and expect
that number to shrink. Part of the comments are on HTTP compliance and the
rest are nit picks on the spec (spelling errors, grammar errors, and unclear
sentences) and I have a few pages on concerns I have about SIP independent
of HTTP.

Like all of you, I have a day job. So it isn't likely that I will be
finished processing the comments until Monday of next week. Which should
nicely coincide with the release of the new version of your spec.

BTW, as far as I can tell, it appears fairly straight forward to make SIP
HTTP compliant. The only snag I have run into is how to handle your Via
header which is much stricter than the HTTP Via header. I am investigating
the matter.

			Until Monday,
				Yaron