Subject: how to distinguish call leg if both From and To are same

From: "Anoop Tripathi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 09:50:52 -0500

On a proxy server ,

if  I happen to have a call which has the same value of  From  & To fields , how
do I distinguish the call leg. ( e.g a BYE request )

Thanks,

Anoop Tripathi

3COM

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 22:03:13 -0400

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you asking: If a user calls themself,
the caller and callee are both on the same machine and port. So, when a
message arrives, is it for the caller or callee? Not sure its
particularly useful. In any case, you would know by the tags. The names
may be the same, but in one case the tag will appear in the To field (if
the message is destined for the callee), otherwise the From field (if
for the caller).

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX: (732) 834-5379                         Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen