Subject: New SDP draft makes no mention of SIP

From: Henry Sinnreich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 08:49:59 -0600

The new SDP draft <draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-00.txt> mentions SAP, e-mail
and WWW announcements as transport options for SDP, but SIP is never
mentioned anywhere (There are no references either). Is this an omission
because SIP is so evident as transport, or is there another reason?

Henry

Henry Sinnreich
WorldCom
400 International Parkway,
Richardson, Texas, USA

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 11:15:00 -0800

Historical - the SDP draft is a copy of the current RFC, which preceded
SIP.

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 08:59:40 -0800

We're looking to collect updates and fixes to the draft: if you can suggest
explicit wording changes, that would be appreciated.
Colin