Subject: Re: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

From: Ari Ollikainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 21:40:10 -0800

> 
> * SAP  -- We need to re-introduce SAP into the process
>           Also, a progress report on secure SAP seems desirable
> 

	Having left my files behind at a previous workplace, would someone kindly
	provide a pointer to an on-line ftp'able copy of SAP?

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 09:32:43 -0500

>	provide a pointer to an on-line ftp'able copy of SAP?

YOu can get this and other MMUSIC documents from the MMUSIC archive:

ftp://ftp.isi.edu/confctrl/docs/

I'm going to produce a new SAP draft soon, reflecting the split of
functionality with address allocation moving to a new protocol (AAP).

Cheers,
	Mark

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 12:41:30 -0500

Mark Handley wrote:

> functionality with address allocation moving to a new protocol (AAP).

I think we should just send SIP INVITE requests via multicast, avoiding
the need for SAP altogether, and allowing more flexibility for future
upgrades in terms of session descriptions and the like.