Subject: MMusic WG agenda

From: schooler (Eve Schooler)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 1994 14:20:47 -0800

Hi folks,

Below is a preliminary agenda for the upcoming IETF meeting, though
there are still some tentative changes to be made to it.  Any/all
comments are welcome.

I see the first MMusic meeting as a good staging ground for a discussion on
the convergence of architecture ideas and their implementation.  There
is a lot of agreement in the overall approaches.  However, no one has
spent enough time *really* talking about the protocols in use.  I would
like for the discussion to concentrate on the protocol details -- the
functionality supported, the messaging specifics, the scaling
properties, etc.  I'm hoping we can really get into the details of the
protocol control flow and content.  

The second session is really about linkages between session control and
other services, and is likely to be more free form. 

In addition, Bala Rajagopalan <[email-masked]> has been kind enough 
to put together a confctrl bibliography for the group.  It is available
as ftp.isi.edu:confctrl/bib/README.  Also, you might want to pick up the
excellent paper by Handley and Wakeman which is available via anonymous
FTP at cs.ucl.ac.uk:mice/publications/cccp.ps{.gz}

E.

			MMusic WG Agenda

Tuesday, March 29
930-1200

    o	brief WG background and update
    o	agenda revisions
    o	requirements and protocols: comparison/discussion/convergence?
		CCCP architecture, Mark Handley, UCL
		Synch protocol session model, Julio Escobar, BBN
		MMCC evolution, Eve Schooler, ISI
		[possibly others]

Wednesday, March 30
930-1200

    o	agreement protocol update, Abel Weinrib, Bellcore
    o	impact of WWW, Bill Fenner, NRL
    o	developments in reliable multicast, Bala Rajagopalan, AT&T
    o	discussion of WG direction