Subject: Reply to Anders on confctrl (fwd)

From: Go Hori <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:35:06 -0700 (PDT)

Andres,

We don't put any ssrc info in RTSP conversation, so it doesn't really
matter to us.  And it seems QT and Entera put ssrc in RTP-Info instead of
Transport, so I would go with Hex.  Besides, we shouldn't break a correct
implementation, should we?

Go

>
>I recently noticed that the value of the "ssrc" attribute in the RTSP
>Transport header should represented as exactly 8 hexadecimal digits.  At
>least, that is how I interpret the BNF syntax in page 61 of RFC-2326.
>
>So what is commonly used in this field?  Hexadecimal digits or decimal
>digits?  It has been suggested that there might be implementations out
>there
>that use decimal digits, so for the sake of interoperability it would be
>better to ignore that the RFC specifies hexadecimal, and keep using
>decimal
>digits.  Any opinions?
>
>Anders
>