Subject: BYE from the callee.

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 15:39:44 +0300

Hi,

We have a SIP UAC/UAS, and we receive an INVITE request with the
following Via header:

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 1.1.1.1:5062

We send our 200 OK to the port number 5062 and we receive the ACK... the
connection is established.

Now we (the callee) want to send a BYE in order to finish the call.

Where do we have to send the BYE request?
There are two possibilities:
a) We send it to 1.1.1.1:5062, since our last response was sent there.

b) We follow the normal steps for finding a SIP server with the
information contained in the From header of the INVITE received
previously.

I have tried some implementations and they go for the second opcion (b),
since the Via header of a previous transaction does not have anything to
do with the transaction that we are about to start... this is the
correct behaviour, right?

Thanks,

Gonzalo
-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo         Phone :  +358  9 299 33 71
Oy L M Ericsson Ab        Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
Telecom R&D               Fax   :  +358  9 299 31 18
FIN-02420 Jorvas          Email :  [email-masked]
Finland

---

From: Igor Slepchin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 14:24:02 -0400

Gonzalo,

Information in Via is only used to send responses within a transaction.
For consecutive requests whithin call leg use address from Route,
Contact or From field - in this order, i.e., Route should be used if
present, Contact if there is no Route, From if there is no Contact.

---
Igor Slepchin