Subject: CCCP: Draft paper

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 94 18:22:03 +0000

We finally got around to writing up our ideas on CCCP (Conference Control
Channel Protocol), which we first mentioned at the Amsterdam IETF. 

A paper which I hope to discuss in Tuesday's mmusic session at the IETF is
available from our ftp server:

ftp://cs.ucl.ac.uk/mice/publications/cccp.ps{.gz}

Comments, ideas, flames etc are all welcome.

Mark

-------

CCCP: Conference Control Channel Protocol,
A scalable base for building conference control applications

Mark Handley
Ian Wakeman

Abstract:

This paper presents CCCP, a new conference control scheme intended for use
in conferences ranging from small, tightly coupled meetings, to extremely
large loosely coupled seminars.  We describe the requirements of such
a scheme, and present a framework for building solutions and for connecting
together existing applications.