Subject: SIP specification WG LAST CALL

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 10:43:11 -0400

We have just submitted the -07 draft of the SIP spec to the Internet
Drafts editor - it will appear in the ID archives in due course, but
can currently be obtained from the SIP web page:

  http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/sip/ 

We believe that SIP is now stable.  We plan to submit it to the IESG
in three weeks time for consideration as a Proposed Standard.  As part
of this process we are now issuing a WORKING GROUP LAST CALL on the
SIP specification draft.  

The procedure for the Last Call is as follows:

The last call will last two weeks from today, during which time you
are strongly encouraged to read the SIP spec and notify us of any
errors, omissions or problems with the spec.  You may mail the group
mailing list, or the authors directly as you see fit.

If we are notified of no problems with the spec, we will submit it to
the IESG in early August.  If the spec needs to be revised in a minor
way (typos, clarifications), we will issue a new draft in early Augest
and submit that to the IESG without a further last call. If a serious
problem is found, we will issue a new draft and then repeat the last
call.  However the spec has seen sufficient comment that I consider
repeating the last call to be unlikely.

Cheers,
	Mark