Subject: Last MMUSIC meeting minutes?

From: Ben Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 1996 15:24:11 +0000

were there any minutes from the last MMUSIC meeting? The latest ones I
could find at ftp.isi.edu were from 7.95.

cheers
Ben.
-- 
http://pipkin.lut.ac.uk/~ben/sig.html

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 1996 17:53:05 +0000

> could find at ftp.isi.edu were from 7.95.

I sent preliminary minutes with the intention of turning them into
full minutes later.  This hasn't happened - here are the preliminary
minutes.

I intend to send some more on SDP, SDAP, a general architecture
overview document, and strawman proposals for coordination and
invitation protocols in the next week or so.

Mark

--------

The first half hour was given over to a presentation by Robert Webber
on the ITU-T's decision to copy rather than reference the RTP spec,
and to dscussion of this issue.  This is strictly AVT business, but as
there was no AVT meeting scheduled, MMUSIC was considered the most
relevant group to air this late breaking news.  Scott Bradner stated
that he would persue this urgently.
See ftp://ftp.std.com/vendors/PictureTel/h323 for details of the H323.

Joerg Ott presented the recent developments on T.120 and H.323.  The
ITU-T conferencing group has been moving forward very quickly and
concern was raised that little concern was being shown in the ITU for
wide area IP conferencing issues, but that most companies were already
committed to implementing whatever the ITU come up with.

Mark Handley queried whether there is a need to spawn a new IETF WG to
address the issues raised by the ITU and to attempt to fix the ITU
protocols shortcomings in the wide area internet.  The consensus of
the group was that this was undesirable, though this was not
unanimous.  One person commented that perhaps MMUSIC and AVT should
now be merged into an internet conferencing WG, which might be better
placed to respond to these inter-WG issues.

Mark Handley presented the small number of changes that have been made
to SDp since Stockholm.  No significant objection was raised to these
changes.  Steve Casner raised some issues that the current draft does
not adequately address.  It was agreed this issues regarding dynamic
payload types in RTP need to be addressed before teh current draft
could be taken forward to Proposed Standard.

Mark Handley presented a Stawman protcol for the Session Directory
Announcement Protocol.  No significant objections were raised to this
protocol.  Steve Deering suggested that the IPsec work was suitable
for authentication in SDAP.

Carsten Bormann presented a talk on Local Session State Objects.  No
discussion resulted due to lack of time.

Mark Handley presented a Strawman protocol for a vertical Session
Coordination Protocol which is based on LBL's conference bus
architecture found in vat and vic.  Due to lack of time no discussion
followed.

------- End of Forwarded Message