Subject: MMusic at LA IETF

From: [email-masked] (Eve Schooler)
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 96 11:01:15 PST

Hi All, 

The MMusic WG is scheduled for two sessions at the LA IETF.
Both meetings will be multicast on the MBone.
 
The tentative agenda includes the following topics:

Monday, March 4, 1930-2200.

 SDP  - Session Description Protocol, a newer draft is forthcoming.
 SDAP - Session Directory Announcement Protocol.  Mark has quite a
        bit of running code these days, so his ideas have matured
        since Dallas.
 Conference Architecture Document - at long last!

Tuesday, March 5, 0900-1130.

 SIP  - Session Invitation Protocol, should make it to the I-D editor.
 SCCP - Simple Conference Control Protocol.

We plan to post draft documents for all topics under discussion.  Some
drafts will make the official Internet Draft deadline, others will
not.  Therefore, we will post all reading materials to this mailing list 
and will place copies in the MMusic document archive,

	fttp://ftp.isi.edu/pub/confctrl/docs

[THANK YOU to the many people who have been scurrying around trying to 
 finish writing the last few days/weeks]

Time permitting, other potential topics:

- further discussion of a Session Coordination Protocol
- supporting session rendezvous under WWW/VRML
- a multicast user directory service

Any other suggestions?

See you in LA....

p.s. - in the next few days, the notes and slides from the last meeting 
       will migrate to the archive area as well.

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 20:09:43 +0000

>Both meetings will be multicast on the MBone.
...
> SIP  - Session Invitation Protocol, should make it to the I-D editor.
...
>	fttp://ftp.isi.edu/pub/confctrl/docs

The SIP draft is now in
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/confctrl/docs/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-00.ps

Mark

---

From: Philipp Hoschka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 11:48:14 +0100

>ftp://ftp.isi.edu/confctrl/docs/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-00.ps

Could you make a text version/compressed version available ?
For bandwidth-challenged Europeans.

Thanks !

-Philipp

----------------------------------------------------------------------
   Philipp Hoschka
   WWW: http://www.inria.fr/rodeo/personnel/hoschka/hoschka.html 
				|   INRIA - WWW Consortium
   [email-masked]      |   2004, Route des Lucioles, BP 93
   Tel:(+33) 93 65 79 84        |   06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
   Fax:(+33) 93 65 77 65        |   France
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 10:54:35 +0000

>For bandwidth-challenged Europeans.

Know what you mean :-(

Try:
http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/M.Handley/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-00.ps.gz
and
http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/M.Handley/draft-ietf-mmusic-confarch-00.ps.gz

Mark