Subject: Simple Capabilities

From: Joerg Ott <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:30:22 +0100

Folks,

at the last IETF, a *very* simple capability negotiation as addition
to SDP was discussed: draft-andreasen-mmusic-sdp-simcap-00.txt.
Numerous comments came up and it was agreed to proceed as follows:

1.  We will have a period of two weeks for posting comments (and
    potential additions) to the list.

    This is to expire by 31 January 2001.

2.  From his draft and the additional input, the author will compile
    a very brief requirements draft which is to be posted to the list
    and will be discussed.

    This will take about one weeks (8 February 2001).

3.  After this, the author will modify/extend/fix/... the draft within
    three weeks time to make the final I-D deadline (2 March 2001).

Please keep in mind that we do not want to accomplish everything with this
document but rather provide a simple short-term solution to relatively
simple REAL WORLD problems ONLY.  Anything beyond this will not be integrated
in the revised document.

Cheers,
Joerg