Subject: sd and sdr

From: "Mahesh Ramachandran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 20:40:12 -0500 (EST)

Are sd and sdr incompatible? Sessions announced on either of them
dont seem to appear on the other. Isn't SDP v2 supposed to be
backward compatible with SDP v1?

thx
-rr

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 10:14:34 +0000

>backward compatible with SDP v1?

See draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-01.ps for more details, or later this week I
hope, draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-02.ps.  The only real changes will be
those I discussed in december.  After the LA IETF I hope we can do a
working group last call on this.  SDP v2 is not backwards compatible
with SDP v1.

sd and sdr are not compatible - we abandoned that about a year ago due to 
some of the constraints it would have involved.

Global sd sessions normally get relayed to sdr by a gateway at UCL.
Unfortunately yesterday the UK was cut off from the Mbone, so you
wouldn't have seen these relayed messages.  sdr sessions are not
gatewayed to sd because the sd protocol is not rich enough.

Mark