Subject: Draft: Integrating SDP functionality into SMIL

From: Philipp Hoschka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 21:40:55 +0200

Abstract

This document describes an approach for integrating the 
functionality currently contained in SDP (Session
Announcement Protocol) into SMIL (Synchronized Multimedia 
Integration Language). The motivation is to make it easier 
for SMIL authors to interface with the existing RTP/MBone 
infrastructure. Currently, this requires maintaining two different 
sets of files, each of which use a different text format.

This has been submitted as an Internet draft.

It is available at

http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/1998/08/draft-hoschka-smilsdp-00

This is a strawman to see whether people are intrested in 
pursuing this - i got a couple of "private requests" to do it.

Would be great if this could get some time on the MMUSIC 
schedule in Chicago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
   Philipp Hoschka                  |
   http://www.w3.org/people/hoschka |
				    |   World Wide Web Consortium
				    |   MIT-LCS
   [email-masked]                        |   545, Technology Square
   Tel:(+1) 617.258.0604            |   Cambridge, MA 02139
   Fax:(+1) 617.258.5999            |   USA
----------------------------------------------------------------------