Subject: Re: Is There a SIP MIB Document

From: Sean Olson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:22:47 -0500 (CDT)

> 
> No; but I think we will need one to go to draft. Volunteers welcome :)
> 
> -Jonathan R.

This is an interesting concept, but I think there may widely divergent
needs in this area. Unless of course you plan on the least common denominator
approach. Specifically, I could imagine different MIBs for a UAC/UAS, proxy,
firewall proxy, gateway, CPL/CGI service node, etc. 

Is there a common understanding of a useful MIB that could fit all of 
these nodes? Are we talking about simple metrics for number of successful/
failed INVITEs, and the like? I am very interested in what other people are
thinking of and would be willing to volunteer to help draft such a document.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sean Olson            E-mail: [email-masked]
Ericsson Inc.         Voice: (972) 583-5472 
                      FAX: (972) 669-0154

---

From: Bobby Sardana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 00:16:11 -0500

Greetings:

Sean Olson wrote:

> failed INVITEs, and the like?

For a redirect server, the REGISTER message and its related statistics can
beimportant.

> I am very interested in what other people are

If we are talking MIB-2, then various server platform status messages could be
ofsignificance to a manager to provide platform level support.

Just a thought.

Bobby Sardana.
[email-masked]