Subject: T.120

From: [email-masked] (Ken Krechmer)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 19:31:10 +0000

I have been reading the e-mail responses on this reflector to Microsoft's 
announcement of T.120 data conferencing support.  Note that T.120 data 
conferencing will also be supported in H.320 (ISDN video phone) and H.324 
(PSTN video phone). I think that MCU based multipoint conferencing solutions 
are designed for latency sensivitive traffic.  However some of the work on 
T.12x Recommendations extends well beyond isochronous requirements (e.g. T.124
Generic Conference Control which deals with registration and related issues). 

It seems to me that the concerns about or interworking with MCU based 
conferencing solutions could be developed into a discussion paper.   I would 
be glad to pass such a discussion paper to the T.120 reflector and to mention 
it at the SG 8 meeting.  ITU protocol prevents me from bringing in such a 
paper at this late date. 

I will be attending the next Study Group 8 Q10 meeting (T.120) in Geneva for 
the next two weeks (March 13-23, 1995).  I do pick up my e-mail while in 
Geneva. 

Please use the e-mail address [email-masked] to respond. 

Ken Krechmer Communications Standards Review Palo Alto, CA