Subject: DTMF

From: "Adam B. Roach" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 13:42:11 -0500 (CDT)

Is there any ongoing work to extend the S U B S C R I B E/NOTIFY mechanism
for anything beyond presence?

There have been numerous discussions over the past several months
about the use of these methods for requesting DTMF information and
other call-trigger type events, but I believe the desired balance of
complexity with flexability hasn't been determined yet.

If anyone intends to submit a draft relating to these issues
in time for the Oslo meeting, I'd appreciate knowing. Thanks.

P.S. I've tried posting on this topic several times over the past
     week, and have come to beleive that the mailer at isi.edu has
     been programmed to silently drop messages with the word
     "S U B S C R I B E" in them (hence the spaces).

-- 
Adam Roach, Ericsson Inc. |  Ph: +1 972 583 7594 | 1010 E. Arapaho, MS L-04
[email-masked]   | Fax: +1 972 669 0154 | Richardson, TX 75081 USA

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 16:07:07 -0400

In fact, Henning and I have started preparing a draft on this subject.
Its in its preliminary form; I'm not sure we'll make it in time. The
basic idea is a generic framework for SIP event subscriptions, which
will enable services like camp-on and message waiting, among others.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX:   (732) 834-5379                       Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen

---

From: Scott Petrack <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:18:27 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, there is specification of it in the PINT draft
<draft-ietf-pint-profile-05.txt>, to be used by a PINT client to get
notifications about the changing state of a PSTN phone call. 

Scott