Subject: I-D in the SDP References

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 00:08:33 +0200

There is currently an I-D referenced in the SDP RFC.  This may not seem 
important, but the ITU cannot reference SDP in an ITU standard unless all 
of its references are RFCs.

If we rev the references, do we need to republish SDP with a new number.

Chip
--------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems              Telco Bio-region
Reality - Love it or Leave it.			
--------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 22:41:38 -0400

> of its references are RFCs.

Even if the references aren't normative?

> If we rev the references, do we need to republish SDP with a new number.

I believe so.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX: (732) 834-5379                         Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen

---

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 08:39:55 +0200

>Even if the references aren't normative?

That is not so clear.  However, if the ITU recommendation requires SDP to 
operate, shouldn't it be normative?  I know of two such 
recommendations:  H.248 in SG16 and J.web in SG9 (utilizes RTSP to 
"broadcast" over IP).  There could be more in the future.

Chip