Subject: What happened to SMIL?

From: "Glenn Morrow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 14:46:10 -0500

Hello all,

Can someone please refresh my memory on the reasoning for what happened to
the SMIL work item and draft?

Thanks,

Glenn

---

From: Philipp Hoschka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:32:32 +0200

what draft are you talking about - the following one ?

http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/1998/08/draft-hoschka-smilsdp-01

Basically, I didn't do anything more on it, since i presented it
back in '98 - folks weren't very interested. It was never a 
"work item", so maybe you are talking about something else.

There has been some thinking about integrating sdp parameters
into SMIL in the work on the next version of SMIL (code-named
"SMIL Boston") - see the following document:

http://www.w3.org/TR/smil-boston/streaming-media-object.html

> Glenn Morrow a écrit :
> 
> Hello all,
> 
> Can someone please refresh my memory on the reasoning for what
> happened to the SMIL work item and draft?
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Glenn