Subject: Re:

From: "Christopher Eckert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 14:13:06 -0500

To Whom It May Concern:

Please consider writing a white paper or an appendix to the SIP IETF draft
document outlining 
the features / functions / benefits that SIP brings to the managed IP
network that are not
available in the current Megaco proposals for MGCP evolution and
standardization.

Having this material available will help the industry understand, and
properly react to, these
two concurrent initiatives that, at a high level, appear to be solving the
same problem.

Regards,
Chris Eckert

Chris Eckert
Access Product Advisor
Nortel Networks, Inc.
Phone:	(919) 991 - 8303 
	ESN 351 - 8303
Email: 	[email-masked]

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 06:56:33 -0500

Since Megaco hasn't published a standard yet, it is a bit premature for
an applicability statement. However, the FAQ at
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/sip addresses this and other questions.