Subject: Again: WG Last Call on SAP

From: Joerg Ott <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 20:49:48 +0200

Folks,

during the WG Last Call period for SAP some time ago, a number of
issues were raised.  These were addressed in the SAPv2 draft -06.
A final review at the MMUSIC WG meeting resulted only in a few minor
changes/clarifications to be incorporated in draft -06.

This is a WG Last Call on draft-ietf-mmusic-sap-v2-06, the Session
Announcement Protocol (SAP) Version 2 for Experimental until 26 April 2000.

Joerg

---

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 15:16:55 -0400

When SAP is given a RFC number, will SDP be revved at some point to refer 
to the proper specification?
Thanks,
Chip

>Announcement Protocol (SAP) Version 2 for Experimental until 26 April 2000.

http://www.netaid.org
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 CTO Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems
Reality - Love it or Leave it.			
------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Joerg Ott <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:21:47 +0200

Yes, SDP will be rev'ed at some point.  We need to do this anyway to
incorporate a number of changes and clarifications (possibly also
extensions).

Joerg

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:32:10 -0700

>to the proper specification?

SDP needs revising anyway to correct a number of minor problems with
the spec.  

It's not clear right now whether we'll cycle it at Proposed Standard
or move it to Draft Standard.  If there are significant changes need
to be made, we have to cycle it at Proposed Standard.  However SIP and
RTSP have dependencies on SDP, so moving SDP to Draft Standard would
be preferable I think.  I also view this as orthoganol to whether we
start an effort to develop a more capable alterative to SDP (some
people called this SDPv2, but it's not really a version 2 that's envisaged)

BTW, could people who've implemented SDP let me know.  To go to draft
standard we'd need to know that all features have been implemented,
and a first step is to know who's actually implemented SDP.

Cheers,
	Mark