Subject: sdr type tools in server/client mode

From: DAVID PRICE <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 14:30:18 +0100

Dear All,

	I'm knew to this group, but generally an "old hand"
I guess now at actually deploying and using MBone tools.

	Following various remarks from others, I have just set an
MSc student off on a project to look at the issuing surrounding and to
design and implement an sdr-like tool that operates in client/server
mode. I'm sure many of us have often personally or otherwise
experiences the frustrations that arise when sdr starts and the
announcement for the session you want to join does not appear for ages.
(I know why etc). There are also the frustrations when someone
makes an announcement, and then, not understanding the mechanism,
exits sdr and no more announcements. I only plan the student to address
"sap" and not related "sip" issues.

	So the student is going to look at the issue and this
email is a begging request for any pointers the group might be able
to offer to papers/urls etc etc that I might be able to point the student
at for a starting point....

Thanks Folks,

Dave Price

	---------------------------------------------------------
	| David Price, Computer Science				|
	|							|
	|  Computer Science, University of Wales, Aberystwyth,	|
	|  Penglais Campus, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3DB	|
	|                                                       |
	| Email: [email-masked] WWW: http://www.aber.ac.uk/~dap |
	|  Phone: +44 1970 622428   FAX: +44 1970 622455	|
	---------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Dave Price, Technical Director, Telematics Group
Email: [email-masked] PHONE: +44 1970 622428 FAX: +44 1970 622455
Post: Computer Science, University of Wales,
      Penglais, Aberystwyth, WALES, UK, SY23 3DB.