Subject: Transport and ftm list in m lines

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:49:57 +0300

Hello Colin,

SIP user agent servers set the port to zero when they want to refuse an
"m" line.

For example: m=video 0 RTP/AVP 31

However, we do not really need "RTP/AVP 31", because the stream is being
refused. That is, it will never be established. Therefore, we might want
to respond with an m line as follows:

m=video 0

Is this legal in SDP/SDPnew? Would this break any implementation?

Regards,

Gonzalo
-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo                    Phone :   +1 212 939 71 71
Columbia University                  Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
472 Computer Science Building        Fax   :  +358  9 299 30 52
1214 Amsterdam Ave., Mail Code 0401  http://www.hut.fi/~gonzalo
New York, NY 10027                   
USA                              [email-masked]

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:47:01 -0400

I don't believe this is legal in SDP.
Colin