Subject: 19th LCN Advance Technical Program

From: "Gary C. Kessler, +1 802-655-8633" <[email-masked]>
Date: 01 Jul 1994 15:41:20 -0500 (EST)

19th Conference on
                             Local Computer Networks
         "The Conference on Practical Leading Edge Computer Networking"

                                October 2-5, 1994
                              Radisson Plaza Hotel
                           Minneapolis, Minnesota  USA

        Sponsored by IEEE Computer Society and TC-Computer Communications
       General Chair: Kenneth Ocheltree, IBM Research, [email-masked]
     Program Chair: Gary Kessler, Hill Associates, [email-masked]

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        Keynote Speaker: Craig Partridge
                          Bolt Beranek and Newman, Inc.
           "Local Computer Networks at Gigabit and Terabit Bandwidths"

  +-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
  |EXPERT PANEL SESSIONS:               |TECHNICAL PAPER SESSIONS ON:         |
  |                                     |                                     |
  |SUPER PANEL:                         |ATM                                  |
  |THE FUTURE OF THE INTERNET           |                                     |
  |Chair: Lyman Chapin, BBN             |INTERNETWORKING/ROUTERS/BRIDGES      |
  |                                     |                                     |
  |THE STATE OF NETWORK MANAGEMENT      |CONGESTION CONTROL                   |
  |Chair: Colin Mick, The Mick Group    |                                     |
  |                                     |METROPOLITAN AREA NETWORKS           |
  |ATM: WHEN WILL IT BE REAL?           |                                     |
  |Chair: Steve Bell, Bell Consulting   |WIDE AREA NETWORKS                   |
  |                                     |                                     |
  |THE FUTURE OF FDDI                   |MULTIMEDIA                           |
  |Chair: Raj Jain, Ohio State Univ.    |                                     |
  |                                     |REALTIME NETWORKS                    |
  |HIGH-SPEED LANS/ATM - WHICH ONES?    |                                     |
  |Chair: John Hart, 3Com               |HIGH SPEED NETWORKS                  |
  |                                     |                                     |
  |ATM LAN EMULATION                    |HIGH PERFORMANCE PROTOCOLS           |
  |Chair: Keith McLoghrie, Cisco Systems|                                     |
  |                                     |STANDARDS                            |
  |WIRELESS NETWORKS                    |                                     |
  |Chair: Arvind Krishna, IBM Research  |NETWORK MANAGEMENT                   |
  |                                     |                                     |
  |                                     |FDDI AND FDDI II                     |
  +-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+

                                    TUTORIALS

  +--------------+--------+---------------------+-----------------------------+
  |Sunday, Oct.  |Tuto-   |SNMP: Where it is    |Jeff Case, SNMP Research     |
  |2             |rial 1  |and Where it's Going |                             |
  |1:00 pm -     +--------+---------------------+-----------------------------+
  |5:00 pm       |Tuto-   |Wireless Data Commu- |K. Pahlavan, Worcester       |
  |              |rial 2  |nications            |Polytechnic Institute        |
  +--------------+--------+---------------------+-----------------------------+
  |Monday, Oct.  |Tuto-   |Recent Advances in   |Raj Jain, Ohio State Univ.   |
  |3             |rial 3  |Computer Networking  |                             |
  |9:00 am -     +--------+---------------------+-----------------------------+
  |5:00 pm       |Tuto-   |Interfacing to High  |K. K. Ramakrishnan and       |
  |              |rial 4  |Speed                |Henry Yang, DEC              |
  |              |        |Networks             |                             |
  |              +--------+---------------------+-----------------------------+
  |              |Tuto-   |Advanced ATM Issues  |Anujan Varma, University of  |
  |              |rial 5  |                     |California, Santa Cruz       |
  +--------------+--------+---------------------+-----------------------------+

===============================================================================

                              Pre-Register for the
                   19th Conference on Local Computer Networks
                                OCTOBER 2-5, 1994
               RADISSON PLAZA HOTEL - MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA  USA
                     SPONSORED BY THE IEEE COMPUTER SOCIETY

   Tutorials o Technical Paper Sessions o Expert Panel Discussions o Workshop-
                                style Interchange

  +--------------------------------------------+------------------------------+
  |HOTEL Registration Form                     |                              |
  |                                            |      19TH CONFERENCE ON      |
  |Radisson Plaza Hotel                        |   LOCAL COMPUTER NETWORKS    |
  |35 South 7th Street                         |                              |
  |Minneapolis, MN  55402  USA                 |      October 2-5, 1994       |
  |(612) 339-4900 / (612) 337-9766 Fax         |                              |
  |                                            |Please reserve the following: |
  |Name         _____________________________  |                              |
  |                                            |_____ Single $105 (1 person)  |
  |Representing _____________________________  |                              |
  |                                            |_____ Double $115 (2 persons) |
  |Address      _____________________________  |                              |
  |                                            |I will arrive after 6:00 p.m. |
  |City, State, Zip _________________________  |Please guarantee the          |
  |                                            |reservation with              |
  |Arrival                                     |with:                         |
  |Date & Time ______________________________  |                              |
  |                                            |                              |
  |Departure                                   |Card:   _____________________ |
  |Date & Time ______________________________  |                              |
  |                                            |Number: _____________________ |
  |Telephone # ______________________________  |                              |
  |                                            |Expires: ___________________  |
  +--------------------------------------------+------------------------------+
  | o Room requests must be received by September 12.                         |
  | o If room is not available at the rate requested, reservation will be     |
  |made at the nearest available rate.                                        |
  |                                                                           |
  +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+

  CONFERENCE  AND  TUTORIAL  REGISTRA-      tutorial notes and two breaks.   The
  TION:                                     fees  for  the  conference on Oct. 4
  Pre-registration must be received on      and 5 include a  copy  of  the  pro-
  or  before  MONDAY,  SEPTEMBER   26,      ceedings, four breaks, two luncheons
  1994-no exceptions.  Make all checks      and the banquet.
  payable to:  19th Conference on LCN.
  The fees for the tutorial on Sunday,      For   information,  contact  Kenneth
  Oct.  2 include tutorial notes and a      Ocheltree,   General    Chair,    at
  break.  The fees for  the  tutorials      [email-masked],  (914)784-7904,
  on  Monday, Oct. 3 include luncheon,      FAX (914)784-6201.

  +-------------------+-------------------------------------------------------+
  |Send this form &   |REGISTRATION FEES                                      |
  |fee (in US $) to:  |(Circle Tutorials)               Tutorial    Tutorial  |
  |19th LCN Conference|                       Conf.     1 or 2      3, 4 or 5 |
  |Harvey A. Freeman  |Students: (include     $200 __   $125 __     $250 __   |
  |LANWORKS, Inc.     |copy of paid fee stmt)                                 |
  |Suite 115          |                                                       |
  |6465 Wayzata Blvd. |IEEE Members:          $330 __   $125 __     $250 __   |
  |St. Louis Park, MN |                                                       |
  |        55426  USA |Non-Members:           $415 __   $160 __     $320 __   |
  |(612) 591-5837     |                                                       |
  +-------------------+-----------------+-------------------------------------+
  |                                     |                                     |
  |Name      __________________________ |REGISTRATION RECEIVED AFTER SEPT. 26 |
  |                                     |WILL BE CONSIDERED LATE.  Late and   |
  |Organization________________________ |on-site registrations will be at the |
  |                                     |following rates:                     |
  |Street    __________________________ |                                     |
  |                                     |            Conf.  Tut.    Tut.      |
  |City, State, Zip____________________ |                   1 or 2  3, 4 or 5 |
  |                                     |IEEE Member $395   $150    $300      |
  |Country   __________________________ |Non-Members $495   $195    $385      |
  |                                     |                                     |
  |Phone/Fax __________________________ |           REGISTER EARLY            |
  |                                     |                                     |
  |                                     |                     CS              |
  +-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+