Subject: MMUSIC agenda: 1st proposal

From: Joerg Ott <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 17:20:13 +0100 (MET)

Folks,

as you know, the MMUSIC group is scheduled to meet twice at the upcoming
IETF.  Attached please find a first draft of an agenda.  As you see, we
will have to do quite some finalization work, but there is room left
for new stuff as well.  So we would like to solicit your input on
interesting topics that should be put on the agenda (preferably Monday,
as Wednesday seems pretty full).

Would authors of the indicated documents please let us know how much
time you are going need so that we can complete the schedule?

We look forward to your comments and suggestions,
Eve, Mark, Ruth, and Joerg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

MONDAY
------
* SDP  -- I don't know whether we had too many changes; but need to get
	  a duscussion going on how to deal with extensions for dynamic
	  payload types including the process of assigning them and
	  where they are kept/recorded.  This has popped up in the
	  AVT discussion on new payload types.

	  We also might want to think more about limited(!) capability
	  representation here.

* SAP  -- We need to re-introduce SAP into the process
	  Also, a progress report on secure SAP seems desirable

* Implementations: people who have been doing implementations of some of
  protocols MMUSIC has produced are welcome to give quick presentations
  on their results.  This would be particularly helpful for those
  protocols that go into last calls.  Presentations of implementations
  will be in the context of the discussion of the respective protocols.

WEDNESDAY
---------
* RTSP -- finish the document (if there is need for interactive
	  discussion; at least we should have a quick presentation on the
	  agreed changes)

* SIP --  present and discuss draft -04.  I also would like to get sort
	  of a strawpoll how people feel in MMUSIC about further
	  enhancements and about SIP staying in place possibly even to
	  terminate "calls" and other extensions in the direction of
	  IPTEL BOF.