Subject: Ack and Bye

From: "Shary" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 16:44:33 +0200

Hello,
I have some simple questions:
1) What is the behavior of a redirect server when arrives an ACK message?
2) In some slides (e.g.
http://www.cdt.luth.se/~dick/smd074/99/RTPConf/slide23.html  ) I have found
that BYE request is acknowledged,but in section 4.2.2. it's written : "Ack
is used only with Invite request".So,does Bye request have to be
acknowledged ?

---

From: Igor Slepchin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 12:27:37 -0400

> 1) What is the behavior of a redirect server when arrives an ACK message?

If this is the ACK for a transaction for which the server originated the
final response, then the server stops final response retransmission.
Otherwise, it forwards the ACK.

> is used only with Invite request".So,does Bye request have to be

This is certainly wrong. Only INVITE messages are acknowledged. Other
problems with that slide: the first INVITE there is not acknowledged;
the second INVITE should go to the redirected address
(sip:[email-masked]); all SIP addresses should indicate  "sip:"
protocol.

---
Igor Slepchin