Subject: DAIS'2001 Call for Particip., grant opportunities information

From: "DAIS'2001 Conference" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 19:00:34 +0200 (CEST)

This is to inform you that the grants for reimbursement of DAIS'2001
conference participation costs are still available for participants
up to the age of 35. Please check http://www.ics.agh.edu.pl/dais/grant.html
for details. The deadline for grant applications is 19th July 2001.

			Call for Participation

			      DAIS'2001

      The Third IFIP WG 6.1 International Working Conference on
	  Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems

		Krakow, Poland,	17 - 19 September 2001
		   http://www.ics.agh.edu.pl/dais/

ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
DAIS'2001 will provide a broad forum for researchers and developers
from industry and academia, in particular for application and platform
service vendors and users to review, discuss and learn about new
approaches, concepts and experiences in the fields of distributed
computing.  DAIS'2001 will focus on integration and interoperability
of different platforms, services and applications, infrastructure for
e-business, internet charging, coordination, mobile agents,
context-aware applications, as well as on scalability and management
issues, and the growing importance of mobile and wireless protocols
and applications.

DAIS'2001 consists of one state-of-the-art tutorials day and two
conference session days including two invited speeches and 26
technical papers.

TUTORIALS (17 September)
Morning Session
Tutorial TA1: Steve Vinoski, IONA Technologies
	      Web Services: Protocols and Applications
	      
Tutorial TB1: Frank Eliassen, Thomas Plagemann, University in Oslo
  	      Multimedia middleware
	      
Tutorial TC1: Ina Schieferdecker, GMD FOKUS, Jens Grabowski, Medical University of Luebeck
	      Testing of Distributed Systems: TTCN-3 and its GraphicalFormat
	      
Afternoon Session
Tutorial TA2: Sean Baker, IONA Technologies
	      Diverse Middleware is the order of the day

Tutorial TB2: Qusay H.Mahmoud, JavaCourses.com & Carleton University in Ottawa
	      Wireless Software Design for Handheld Devices

Tutorial TC2: Marek Gmyrek, ConSol GmbH
	      J2EE for Enterprise-Wide Business Applications - A Case Study

INVITED LECTURES
I1: Liba Svobodova, IBM Zurich Research Lab (18 September)
    Intelligent Infrastructure for e-Business 

I2: Adam Wolisz, Technical University Berlin (19 September)
    Information access is fine but who is going to pay? 
    Dual Approach to Internet Charging.

TECHNICAL PAPERS SESSIONS  18-19 September 
selected session names:
S1:  Context-Aware Applications
S2:  Integration & Interoperability
S4:  Architectures, Services & Applications
S5:  Mobile Agents
S6:  Management & Monitoring

Full Technical Program with abstracts is available at:
http://www.ics.agh.edu.pl/dais/technical_program.html

SOCIAL PROGRAM  
- Welcome Reception in the Krakow City Hall 
- Excursion to the famous Salt Mine in Wieliczka and Conference Dinner

EUROPEAN COMMISSION GRANT
DAIS'2001 is supported by the European Commission - DG Human Potential
Programme - High-Level Scientific Conferences. Participants may apply
for grants to cover up to 100% expenses - see details on 
http://www.ics.agh.edu.pl/dais/grant.html

DEADLINES
17 July -  registration with reduced fee   
17 July -  European Commission grant requests
3 August - notification of grant acceptance

FEES
early - 300 EUR (1100 PLN) if received before July 17, 2001
late  - 380 EUR (1350 PLN)
single tutorial - 150 EUR (500 PLN)
two tutorials   - 250 EUR (850 PLN)

LOCATION
DAIS'2001 will be held in Krakow, a beautiful, old city, the Poland's
prime cultural and tourist attraction with hardly any equals in the
entire Central Europe, nominated the Capital of the European Culture
for the year 2000. The Old Town district is actually a medieval city
with a well preserved original grid of streets. The huge central
square, Europe's largest, seems the last stage in the perfection of
the art of city planning in the Middle Ages.

MORE INFO
All information you need to learn and register for DAIS'2001:
	  http://www.cs.agh.edu.pl/dais2001/

FURTHER INFORMATION
   DAIS'2001 Organizing Committee
   Academic Computer Center CYFRONET
   University of Mining and Metallurgy
   ul. Nawojki 11, P.O.Box 386
   30-950 Krakow 61
   Poland                                       

e-mail: [email-masked]
fax: +48 12 6341084
phone: +48 12 6173982, ext. 22
       +48 12 6341766

Conference Chairmen
Krzysztof Zielinski (chair), UMM Krakow, Poland
Kurt Geihs (co-chair), University of Frankfurt, Germany

Organizing Committee
Aleksander Laurentowski (chair), Elzbieta Alda,
Zofia Mosurska, Radoslaw Ruchala, UMM Krakow, Poland
	
We are looking forward to meeting you in Krakow, in September 2001!