Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 11:34:05 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
 directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia 
 Session Control Working Group of the IETF.                                

       Title     : Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)                     
       Author(s) : A. Rao, R. Lanphier
       Filename  : draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-00.txt
       Pages     : 40
       Date      : 11/27/1996

The Real Time Streaming Protocol, or RTSP, is an application-level protocol
for control over the delivery of data with real-time properties. RTSP 
provides an extensible framework to enable controlled, on-demand delivery 
of real- time data, such as audio and video. Sources of data can include 
both live data feeds and stored clips. This protocol is intended to control
multiple data delivery sessions, provide a means for choosing delivery 
channels such as UDP, multicast UDP and TCP, and delivery mechanisms based 
upon RTP (RFC 1889). RTSP uses the Session Control Protocol (SCP) (see 
appendix) to allow the use of a single TCP connection between the client 
and server for controlling delivery of one or more streams of data.        
[Note: see "Use Of UDP For Delivery Of Control Messages" in the "Open 
Issues" document for discussion of alternative control delivery 
(http://www.prognet.com/prognet/rt/openissues.html)]                       

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
     "get draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-00.txt
 
Internet-Drafts directories are located at:	
	                                                
     o  Africa:  ftp.is.co.za                    
	                                                
     o  Europe:  nic.nordu.net            	
                 ftp.nis.garr.it                 
	                                                
     o  Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au               
	                                                
     o  US East Coast: ds.internic.net           
	                                                
     o  US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu               
	                                                
Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.	
	                                                
Send a message to:  [email-masked]. In the body type: 
     "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-00.txt".
							
NOTE: The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
      MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
      feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
      command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
      a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
      exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
      "multipart" MIME messages (i.e., documents which have been split
      up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
      how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the Internet-Draft.