Subject: SDP draft draft-03

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 96 08:56:16 -0500

I've been working on tidying up the SDP draft - I'm going to send this
to the i-d editor in a few days.  For now it's available as:
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/pub/isi-east/sdp.03.2.ps.gz

Basically not much has changed except wording since the -02 draft with
a few exceptions:

- I've tried to slightly modify the idea of permanent sessions to
  allow unbounded sessions with start-times.  Not having this capability
  seems to cause some people problems, but I'm not really clear whether
  my current wording helps here.  I've also tried to clarify what is
  meant by a permanent session.

- The key field has changed significantly as a result of a discussion
  with Peter Parnes so that we can convey mechanisms to obtain keys as
  an alternative to the keys themselves.  I don't think anyone uses this
  yet, so it shouldn't cause anyone grief.

- I've removed appendix B on the differnces between SDP and the sd
  protocol as this no-longer seems as relevant as it once did.

The rest of the changes are intended to remove ambiguities or to
correct small mistakes.  If there are any ambiguities or mistakes that
I've missed please do let me know.  Comments and suggestions are of
course welcome!

Mark