Subject: PINT almost I-D available

From: "Scott Petrack"<[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 03:28:25 +0200

From: Scott Petrack@VOCALTEC on 07/05/98 03:28 AM

Friends:

Here is a pointer to my first stab at the PINT protocol profile I-D. It
will be polished up over the next week. But it is high time that I deliver
on my promise to deliver a protocol. Some time next week I will submit it
as an I-D. I'd like people to look it over so that I can get any bad kinks
out before submitting it as draft-ietf-pint-profile-00.txt.

Due to firewall problems, you'll have to retrieve it as follows for the
time being:

http://www.vocaltec.com/~petrack/PINT/NOTYET-draft-ietf-pint-profile-00.txt

I'll try to get it to an ftp server soon. Below I include the abstract and
TOC.
Please confine discussion to the pint list unless there is a SIP/SDP issue
to be discussed. After this initial
announcement I don't intend to post to confctrl again.

Abstract

This document contains the specification of the PINT Profile 1.0, which
defines a protocol for invoking certain telephone services from an IP
network. These services include placing basic calls, sending and
receiving faxes, and receiving content over the telephone. The protocol
is specified as a set of enhancements and additions to the SIP 2.0  and
SDP 2.0 protocols.

This document is intended for the PSTN-Internet Interworking (PINT)
working group of the Internet Engineering Task Force. Comments
are solicited and should be addressed to the working group's mailing
list at [email-masked] and/or the authors.

Contents

1. Introduction and Glossary
2. PINT Milestone Services
3. PINT Functional and Protocol Architecture
4. PINT Protocol Profiles
     SIP
     SDP
5. Security Considerations
6. Examples of PINT usage and implementation (informative)
     Milestone Services
     Interconnection to IN
7. Open Issues

Enjoy, ScottP