Subject: [ rtspspec-Bugs-477400 ] Play without range while playing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 23:15:14 -0800

Bugs item #477400, was opened at 2001-11-01 23:15
You can respond by visiting: 
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=377744&aid=477400&group_id=23194

Category: General
Group: Fix for Draft Standard
Status: Open
Resolution: None
Priority: 5
Submitted By: Magnus Westerlund (magwes)
Assigned to: Rob Lanphier (robla)
Summary: Play without range while playing

Initial Comment:
A PLAY request without a Range header is legal. It starts playing a
stream from the beginning unless the stream has been paused. If a
stream has been paused via PAUSE, stream delivery resumes at the
pause point. If a stream is playing, such a PLAY request causes no
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
further action and can be used by the client to test server liveness.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In a response to play without range while playing, what shall the server
do with RTP-Info? The RTP-Info is required according to table in the
beginning of chapter 12, but my opinion is that it lacks meaning in this
case.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You can respond by visiting: 
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=377744&aid=477400&group_id=23194