Subject: Use of display name in Location

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 20:10:30 -0400

Currently, the To and From fields allow for the use of display names,
with angle brackets encompassing the URL. It seems that this would be a
valuable feature to have in the Location header field as well. This
would tell me both the location and actual name of the user I've been
connected to. For example, if a UAC sends:

INVITE [email-masked]
From: joe@org
To: [email-masked]

it would be nice if the response was:

200 OK
From: joe@org
To: [email-masked]
Location: Customer Rep #1223 <[email-masked]>

This is not backwards compatible with existing Location usage,
unfortunately. What do people think?

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX:   (732) 834-5379                       Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen