Subject: Re: Can a client make the server return an error instead of ignore an unknown?

From: "Scott Petrack"<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 13:04:26 +0200

From: Scott Petrack@VOCALTEC on 07/03/98 01:04 PM

>One possibility is to define and register an SDP "require" attribute:
>
>a=require:quality,lang
>
>This would mean that clients that understand the require attribute
>MUST also understand the quality and lang attributes to be able to
>participate.  Clients that don't understand "require" would of course
>not enforce the rule.

This is not quite what I need, but it's close. I need to be able to say
"please fail the request if you can't give me the film in Swahili."

That is, I want to specify

a=lang:FR

but add something so that if the language FR is not available then the
request
will fail. (sorry if "FR" is not the right tag to indicate French. You know
what I mean).

BTW, I would not want to hold up anything for this, it is not that
essential. It can
easily wait until a future version. But if we can agree now that would be
nice for
PINT.

Scott