Subject: SIP Roadmap and Deadlines

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 10:56:50 -0400

The 05 SIP draft has been out for a week now, and there has been a
reasonable amount of comment on the list.  I feel we must now set out
a roadmap for getting SIP to Proposed Standard to prevent us getting
lost in minutae, and to encourage everyone's comments while we can still
do something about them!

It appears that there are still a few things that need clarifying in
the spec, but nothing major has been raised so far.  Thus I propose
the following for the next month or so (Henning, Eve - please say
if you think this is unrealisitic!):

12th June - deadline for comments on the 05 spec.

19th June - revised and clarified 06 spec released.  
            2-week Working Group Last Call issued.

3rd July  - submit SIP to IESG for consideration for Proposed Standard.

Comments?

Mark

---

From: "Henry Sinnreich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 14:16:29 +0200

> Mark

Looks reasonable.

Henry