Subject: CfP: DSOM'99

From: Burkhard Stiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 08:37:49 +0100

Please apologize, if you receive multiple copies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Colleagues,

	please find enclosed the CfP for the DSOM'99 Workshop on
"Distributed Systems: Operation and Maintenace" which should be distribute
to interested colleagues as well.

Kind regards,
Burkhard Stiller
DSOM'99 Technical Program Co-chair

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                         Call for Papers

            Tenth IFIP/IEEE International Workshop on
           Distributed Systems: Operations & Management
                             DSOM'99

Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH, TIK, Zurich, Switzerland
                      October 11-13, 1999
                http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/dsom99

The Tenth Annual IFIP/IEEE International Workshop on "Distributed
Systems: Operations and Management" (DSOM'99) will be hosted by the
Computer Engineering and Networks Laboratory TIK of the Swiss
Federal Institute of Technology ETH in Zurich. DSOM'99 is sponsored
by the IFIP Working Group 6.6 with technical co-sponsorship by the
IEEE Communications Society. DSOM'99 follows a series of highly
successful meetings, the latest of which took place in Delaware,
USA (DSOM'98), Sydney, Australia (DSOM'97), and L'Aquila, Italy
(DSOM'96).

The DSOM workshops focus on the latest advancements in operations
and management in networked environments and discuss the impact of
emerging computing and networking technologies on management. Of
specific interest to DSOM'99 will be the current developments in
the field of active and programmable networks.

The workshop will be limited to approximately 100 participants and
will follow a single track program, in order to allow for in-depth
discussions and interaction among workshop participants. The workshop
proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes
in Computer Science series.

TOPICS

Authors are invited to submit research and experience papers.
Topics of interest include:
	- Management of Active and Programmable Networks
	- Mobile and Intelligent Agent Technology in Management
	- Telecommunication Services Management
	- Interdomain Management
	- Management of Mobile Systems and Networks
	- Management of the Internet and Internet Services
	- Enabling Management Platforms: CORBA, Java, Web, etc.
	- Integration of Network Control and Management
	- Monitoring, Event Handling, and Fault Management of
	  Networks and Services
	- Policy-Based Management
	- Security Management
	- Management Aspects of Service Pricing and Electronic
 	  Commerce

PAPER SUBMISSIONS

Paper submissions must present original, unpublished research or
experiences. They should be full papers and be no longer than 5000
words (less than 12 single-spaced pages). Submissions must include
a cover page in ASCII format, containing the title, author name(s)
and affiliation(s), the complete address (telephone, fax, email) of
the corresponding author, and an abstract (max 150 words) followed
by up to 5 keywords.

Papers under review elsewhere must not be submitted to DSOM'99.

Authors are requested to submit papers in electronic PDF or
Postscript format. Instructions for electronic submissions are
available at the following URL: http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/dsom99.

IMPORTANT DATES

	April 1, 1999: 	Submission of Full Papers
	June 15, 1999: 	Notifications of Acceptance
	August 1, 1999:	Camera-ready Papers Due Date

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

Conference Chair:
	Rolf Stadler, Columbia University, USA
Technical Program Co-Chairs:
	Burkhard Stiller, ETH Zurich, TIK, Switzerland
	Rolf Stadler, Columbia University, USA

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE

	Sebastian Abeck, University of Karlsruhe, Germany
	Nikos Aneurousis, ATT Research, USA
	Raouf Boutaba, University of Toronto, Canada
	Seraphin B. Calo, IBM Research, USA
	Metin Feridun, IBM Research, Switzerland
	Rob Davison, BT, UK
	Kurt Geihs, University of Frankfurt
	German Goldszmidt, IBM Research, USA
	Sigmund Handelman, IBM Research, USA
	Heinz-Gerd Hegering, University of Munich, Germany
	Joseph Hellerstein, IBM Research, USA
	Jean-Pierre Hubaux, EPFL, Switzerland
	Gabriel Jakobson, GTE Laboratories, USA
	Pramod Kalyanasundaram, Lucent Technologies, USA
	Ryutaro Kawamura, NTT, Japan
	Yoshiaki Kiriha, NEC, Japan
	Emil Lupu, Imperial College, UK
	Kenneth Lutz, Bellcore, USA
	Subrata Mazumdar, Bell Laboratories, USA
	Branislav Meandzija, General Instrument Corporation, USA
	George Pavlou, University of Surrey, UK
	Pradeep Ray, University W. Sydney, Australia
	Morris Sloman, Imperial College, UK
	Juergen Schoenwaelder, Technical University Braunschweig, Germany
	Roberto Saracco, CSELT, Italy
	Adarshpal Sethi, University of Delaware, USA
	Carlos B. Westphall, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brasil
	Wolfgang Zimmer, GMD FIRST, Germany
	Simon Znaty, ENST-Bretagne, France
	Douglas Zuckerman, Bellcore, USA

***********************************************************************
   Dr. Burkhard Stiller
   Institut fuer Technische Informatik und Kommunikationsnetze (TIK)
   FG Kommunikationssysteme
   ETH Zuerich                             Tel.: +41 / +1 / 632 7016
   Gloriastr. 35                           FAX:  +41 / +1 / 632 1035
   CH-8092 Zuerich                    E-Mail: [email-masked]
   Schweiz                   WWW: http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/~stiller
***********************************************************************