Subject: Confctrl Mtg 5/5/93

From: schooler
Date: Wed, 5 May 1993 10:52:02 -0700

To all who participated in today's meeting over the MBONE, thank
you very much.  Although communication was fine over many segments
of the MBONE, apparently the connection with points in the UK and
in Sweden were choppy at best and unfortunately not very useful.
I'll put together some minutes of the meeting for those of you who
were unable to participate.

In the meantime, I want to poll the group about a few items.
First, if confctrl becomes a working group, would you attend
a meeting of the WG at the upcoming IETF in Amsterdam?  We want
to determine if there is enough interest to push for a session there.

Second, in the minutes from the March IETF, we listed an action
item to document reference materials.  They were:

  - terminology reference guide
  - refinement of functional taxonomy
  - turn minutes into issues/framework document
  - mapping of conversation styles into session protocols

These documents are in various stages (non-existent to half-baked).
Several individuals have now signed up to contribute, but if you are 
interested in any of these, now is the time to speak up.  Please
send Abel and/or me a message and we'll coordinate.  

The idea behind committing to one of these projects would be to 
initially send discussion-provoking comments to the mailing list, 
and eventually to document fleshed-out conclusions.

Eve