Subject: Draft of Resource Coordination Object paper available

From: Walter Milliken <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 94 12:13 EST

As promised to some of you (some time ago, I'm afraid), the RCO paper is
finally available:

  A draft of the paper "Resource Coordination Objects: A State
  Distribution Mechanism" is now available by anonymous FTP on
  clynn.bbn.com as pub/docs/RCOs.ps.

  This paper describes a general mechanism for managing semi-persistent
  distributed state in a network, and shows how such a mechanism might
  be used as a common infrastructure for building network services
  including setup protocols like RSVP, routing protocols, and
  session-management mechanisms.

  The intent of the RCO mechanism is to provide the sort of common
  infrastructure leverage for distributed-state control protocols that
  TCP provides for application protocols needing point-to-point data
  transport.

If there are comments on the paper, please copy me on any messages,
since I don't currently follow end2end or confctrl.

---Walter