Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-07.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 09:49:29 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia
Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SIP: Session Initiation Protocol
	Author(s)       : M. Handley, H. Schulzrinne, E. Schooler,
			  J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-07.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 121
	Date		: 17-Jul-98
	
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is an application-layer control
(signaling) protocol for creating, modifying and terminating sessions
with one or more participants. These sessions include Internet
multimedia conferences, Internet telephone calls and multimedia
distribution. Members in a session can communicate via  multicast or
via a mesh of unicast relations, or a combination of these.

SIP invitations used to create sessions carry session descriptions
which allow participants to agree on a set of compatible media types.
It supports user mobility by proxying and redirecting requests to the
user's current location. Users can register their current location. SIP
is not tied to any particular conference control  protocol. SIP is
designed to be independent of the lower-layer transport protocol and
can be extended with additional capabilities.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-07.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-07.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.