Subject: Call for Papers: ACM SIGCOMM 2001

From: "Dilip D Kandlur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 08:57:29 -0500

CALL FOR PAPERS
                   ACM SIGCOMM 2001 CONFERENCE

                   August 27 - August 31, 2001
            Mandeville Auditorium, UC San Diego, CA, USA.
                http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2001
Important Dates:

Paper submission: January 26, 2001
Tutorial proposals: February 12, 2001
Notification of acceptance: April 23, 2001
Camera ready papers: May 21, 2001

The SIGCOMM 2001 conference seeks papers describing significant research
contributions to the field of computer and data communication networks.
Authors are invited to submit full papers concerned with both theory and
practice. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Distributed application networking infrastructure.
- Distributed common application services, middleware protocols, and
signaling.
- Routing, switching, and addressing.
- Resource sharing, quality of service, multimedia networks, and OS
support.
- Multimedia networking.
- Networking aspects of the WWW.
- Heterogeneous internetworking, large-scale networks.
- Network management.
- Active network architectures and protocols.
- Important experimental results from operational networks and lessons
  learned from prototype implementations.
- Wireless networking and support for nomadic computing.
- Analysis and design of computer network architectures and algorithms.

SIGCOMM 2001 is a single-track, highly selective conference at which
successful
submissions typically report results firmly substantiated by experiment,
implementation, simulation, or mathematical analysis. In addition to the
technical program (paper presentations), SIGCOMM 2001 will offer tutorials
by noted instructors on the two days preceding the actual conference, and
feature an outrageous opinion session where fresh and unconventional
perspectives will be offered.

Submission Instructions:
------------------------

Papers must be less than 20 double-spaced pages long (formatted for
printing in the Proceedings, papers may not be longer than 12 pages),
have an abstract of 100-150 words, and be original material that has
not been previously published nor is currently under review by another
conference or journal.

Authors must submit papers electronically, using the instructions at
http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigcomm/sigcomm2001/submission/index.htm.
Authors not able to comply with these instructions should contact
the Program Co-Chairs at [email-masked] .  Papers
submitted after the deadline will not be considered without an
ahead-of-time extension from the Program Co-Chairs.

All submitted papers will be judged based on their quality and
relevance through double-blind reviewing, where the identities of the
authors are withheld from the reviewers. Consult the on-line
submission instructions for information on preparing a manuscript for
double-blind review.  Authors of accepted papers will need to sign an
ACM copyright release form and present their paper at the
conference. The Proceedings of the conference will be published as a
special issue of ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review. The
Program Committee may also select a few papers for possible
publication in the IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking. Electronic
copies of the accepted papers will be published on the SIGCOMM 2001
web site prior to the conference unless authors specifically request
that this not be done.

Tutorials:
----------

SIGCOMM 2001 will begin with two days of full-day and half-day tutorials
covering single topics in detail, at both the introductory or advanced
level. Individuals interested in submitting tutorial proposals are
encouraged to contact the Tutorial Chair before the deadline to discuss
the proposed content.

Student Paper Award
-------------------

Papers submitted by students may be considered for a student-paper award,
which includes full conference registration and a travel grant of
approximately $500. To be eligible, the student must be the sole
author of the paper, or the first author and primary contributor. A cover
letter or email to the Program Chairs must identify the paper as a
candidate for this competition.

SIGCOMM Award:
--------------

The keynote speaker at SIGCOMM 2001 will be the 2001 winner of the ACM
SIGCOMM Award for lifetime contributions to the field of computer
communication. Procedures for nominating candidates for the SIGCOMM Award
can be obtained from Scott Shenker ([email-masked]).