Subject: ITU-T T.12x (T.GCC etc)

From: Mark Wahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 93 15:22:50 +0000

Is there any work/plan for synchonizing the IETF WGs' protocols and services 
with the ITU-TSS proposals in the T.120 series, for standardizing conference 
control and multipoint a/v communication?

Thanks in advance,
		-------------------------------------
	Mark Wahl; [email-masked]; Univ. Coll. London

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 93 17:13:29 +0000

>control and multipoint a/v communication?

I've only looked at the T.120 stuff briefly, but it's really all based
around the assumption that the only way to do multimedia is circuits and
hubs.  As far as the IETF is concerned, that's not only uninteresting, but
also a serious limitation.  Try asking BT or ATT or whoever whether they can
do a 500 way A/V conf between 17 countries, without resorting to the "big
satelite theory of multicast".

Mark