Subject: Re: Agenda and recommended readings

From: [email-masked] (Ari Ollikainen)
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 09:45:22 -0700

>
>H.323 for the Internet (60 min)
>
>   Overview/Update of H.323 (10 min)
>        Vineet Kumar, Intel
>
>   Implementation of H.323 for the Internet (30 min)
>        Philip Lantz, Intel
>
>   Scenarios for Deployment of H.323 in the Internet (20 min)
>        Joerg Ott, TU Berlin
>

        Why are these scheduled as part of MMUSIC?

           _/_/   _/_/_/_/    _/  Ari Ollikainen <[email-masked]>
        _/  _/   _/     _/   _/ Sprint Advanced Technology Laboratories
     _/_/_/_/   _/_/_/_/    _/ 1 Adrian Court (M/S: CABURS0102)
   _/     _/   _/     _/   _/ Burlingame, CA 94010
 _/      _/   _/       _/ _/ Voice: 415 375 4265 FAX: 415 375 4490
~~RECOM Technologies Inc.~~

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 19:53:20 +0200 (MET DST)

>         Why are these scheduled as part of MMUSIC?

Because they are conference control issues.
(MMUSIC is short for "multimedia session control".)

Gruesse, Carsten

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 96 23:07:18 +0100

>        Why are these scheduled as part of MMUSIC?

There is significant overlap between H.323 and some aspects of MMUSIC
work.  In fact some people believe H.323 renders the MMUSIC work
irrellevant.  I don't subscribe to this view, but I also believe that
bringing H.323 (or appropriate parts of it?) under the IETF umbrella
is necessary and beneficial.  Exactly what form this relationship
should take is not completely clear to me at this moment, but we
should have a better picture as a result of this meeting.

I speak for myself, but I think my co-chairs and area-director hold
similar views.

Mark