Subject: UAS behavior ??

From: Christian Gosselin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:05:36 -0400

After some testing I realize that I was wrong on little details. It
concerns the section 10.2.1 of RFC2543.

Considering a UDP sip client, a registration wich doesn't redirect the
request on a different port and a UAS that listen on 5060 (sic !)

If no port is mention in the VIA header what should be the behavior (on
which port the response should be sent) of my UAS on reception of a
request ?

Is it correct that by default the UAS handles all the response ??
By default I mean that my UAC don't put any port number in the via
header for an invitation request.

Were they any action taken after the rfc2543 notes concerning the UDP
Responses ??

-- 
====================================================
Laboratoire de teleinformatique
tel: 987-3000	local: 6189
[email-masked]
http://www.info.uqam.ca/~gosselin

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:45:11 -0400

> which port the response should be sent) of my UAS on reception of a

The default is 5060. So, if a UAS receives a request without a port in
the top Via, the response is sent to 5060.

> header for an invitation request.

If the UAC wants to receive responses on 5060, there is no need to put a
port in the Via header. If it wants to receive responses on a different
port, it should put that port number in the Via header.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX: (732) 834-5379                         Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen