Subject: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-03.{txt,ps}

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 15:33:13 -0500

I just submitted a new version of the SDP specification to the
internet-drafts archive, where it should appear in a few days.

In the meantime, you can obtain a copy from the confctrl archive:
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/confctrl/docs/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-03.{txt,ps}

One this appears in the internet-drafts archive, I intend to issue a
working group last call on this version of the spec.  Changes from the
02 draft are pretty minor:

- vat format has been removed from the SDP spec.  
  It'll still appear in the list we hand to IANA to avoid clashes,
  but it's use is deprecated.

- section 6.1 (Communicating Conference Control Policy) has been changed
  from a fictional example to an example of H.332 usage.

- explanation of rtpmap improved

- H.332 added as a valid "type" attribute.

- fmtp attribute added as a way to convey codec-specific information that
  an SDP parser doesn't need to care about.

- character set of username extended to allow base64 encoding of
  usernames in other character sets.

- incorrect definition of character sets for email and phone fields fixed

- upper case protocol "UDP", and formats "WB" and "NT" changed to lower
  case to match current usage.

- several explanations improved and typos removed

Please let me know is there are any problems with this draft.

Cheers,
	Mark