Subject: SIP Working Group Interim Meeting November 7 at IETF Site

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 17:37:37 -0500

There will be an interim meeting of the SIP Working Group on Sunday,
November 7 1999 from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM. This is the day before the fall
IETF meeting in DC. If we wrap early there may be some snacks left at the
Sunday social.

We currently plan to meet in the Olympia room of the Omni Shoreham Hotel.
This is the hotel hosting the IETF meeting for the remainder of the week.
The agenda people claim the room will support upwards of 100 attendees.

The purpose of the interim meeting is to familiarize the SIP working group
with the PacketCable DCS specification efforts, which also use SIP. The goal
is to promote the completeness and interoperability of the SIP
specification.

The current agenda is:

10:00 to 11:15: DCS presentation
11:15 to 11:30: Break
11:30 to 12:45: DCS presentation
12:45 to 14:15: Lunch (not provide, brown bag or go out)
14:15 to 15:30: DCS presentation
15:30 to 15:45: Break
15:45 to 17:00; Discussion
17:00 to 17:15: Break
17:15 to 19:00: Discussion (refreshments smuggled from social room?)

During the DCS presentations, we hope to focus on the design rationale of
the PacketCable DCS aproach rather than on exploring alernatives. In other
words, questions should be confined to "what" and "why" rather than "why
not". The moderator will be ruthless -- there's a lot of material to cover.
Please hold on discussion of alternatives until the "Discussion" periods.
Thanks.

I'm personally planning to arrive in DC on Saturday. Others may be able to
travel early on Sunday. I think this meeting provides a tremendous
opportunity to move the entire industy forward. I hope to see you all there!

--
Dean Willis
SIP WG co-chair

---

From: Francois Menard List Account <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 18:31:01 -0400 (EDT)

Will the working-group be allowed to challenge the rationale of
their Dual-Invite concept, for the long-term sanity of SIP ?

And that is not even starting down on the wet slope of the Cookie concept.

-=Francois=-