Subject: New iptel working group..

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 18:22:10 -0500

avt, mmusic, pint, iptel,

I'm happy to announce that the IESG has approved the formation of a new
working group, "iptel" (IP Telephony) in the Transport Area. This group
is a result of the "siptel" BoF session held at the Washington IETF this
past December. As the group's focus has changed away from SIP, it has
been renamed to iptel. The home page and mailing list addresses have
changed as well. If you were a member of the old siptel list, your
subscription is also active on iptel.

I'd like to invite people to join the iptel list if they haven't
already. You can find the charter at:

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/iptel-charter.html

There is also an external page. This page has links to the mail archive,
slides from the BoF, and the minutes of the meeting in Washington. This
page can be found at:

http://www.bell-labs.com/mailing-lists/iptel/

I'd also encourage people to read the charter and look at the slides.
Two of the three initially proposed charter items have been officially
approved, as you can see from the charter. I'd like to begin discussion
on the call processing language, as this is our first work item. Feel
free to post questions or thoughts on it to the list.

We will be meeting during the LA IETF. We have a single slot, from 19:30
to 22:00 on Wednesday, April 1 (the second slot on the agenda, from
15:30 to 17:30, has been dropped). I currently have very little on the
agenda, so if you have a suggestion or would like to make a
presentation, please let me know.

I look forward to some exciting work in the months ahead.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
PHONE: (732) 949-6418                       Rm. 4C-526
FAX:   (732) 834-5379
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen