Subject: fmtp Parameters

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 05:21:38 -0400

Where can we find out what fmtp parameters have been defined?  We'd
particularly like to know about parameters pertaining to video.

Tom Taylor
[email-masked]
Ph. +1 613 736 0961 (ESN 396 1490)

---

From: Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 20:12:12 -0700 (PDT)

Tom,

> particularly like to know about parameters pertaining to video.

In general, fmtp parameters are defined by payload format
specifications.  However, draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mime-05.txt defines
parameters for several codecs that either don't have separate payload
format specifications (because they are included in the RTP A/V
profile document) or in a couple of cases where the parameters were
added to an existing payload format (e.g., H263-2000).

These are MIME parameters; the mapping to fmtp will follow the general
rules in Section 3 of that draft unless the payload format
specification has defined a different mapping (e.g., RED, RFC 2198).

							-- Steve