Subject: TERENA Networking Conference 2001 - 1st Announcement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:44:37 +0200 (CEST)

TERENA Networking Conference 2001
              "Highlighting Advanced Networks and Services"
                              14-17 May 2001

                      http://www.terena/nl/tnc2001/

                 First Announcement and Call for Papers
                 ======================================

TERENA is pleased to announce, and issue a call for papers for, the
TERENA Networking Conference 2001, which will be held in Antalya,
Turkey from 14-17 May 2001.

The annual TERENA Networking Conferences are prominent events offering
an opportunity to present and discuss technical and strategic issues
related to the provision of networks and services, and the corresponding
research and development activities, within the research and education
community. Bringing together leading figures from the research
networking community in Europe and worldwide, they provide a unique
opportunity for professionals from research, industry, academia and
related government sectors to learn about the latest developments and
plans for the future.

The TERENA Networking Conference 2001 will be structured around invited
talks and tutorial-style presentations, complemented by reviewed papers
and panel discussions.  Topics for the conference will include:

*  Advanced Networks
*  Networking Technology
*  Middleware and Security
*  Advanced Services
*  Advanced Applications
*  The Last Mile
*  Research and Education Networking in the Mediterranean Region

Call for Papers
===============

TERENA invite the submission of papers and proposals for demonstrations
and tutorials on the topics listed above.  Further details are provided
in the full call for papers, which is available from:

http://www.terena.nl/tnc2001/cfp.html

The deadline for paper submissions and proposals for tutorials and
demonstrations is 27 October 2000.

Further Information
===================

For further information about the conference, please visit the
conference web page at:

http://www.terena.nl/tnc2001/

or contact:

TERENA Networking Conference 2001
c/o TERENA Secretariat
Singel 468 D
1017 AW Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Tel.:    +31 20 530 4488
Fax:     +31 20 530 4499
E-mail:  [email-masked]