Subject: SIP and multicast

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 10:58:32 +0300

Hi,

I was trying to check if a SIP UAC/UAS that I've got could interoperate
with standard SIP tools. I chose the SDR tool for this test.

I've noticed that: first of all, an INVITE request is sent, with a
session description written using SDP... but then, the 200 OK response
does not contain any session information... and there is no ACK at all.

Since SDR is designed for the MBONE, multicast is used, and therefore, a
second session description is not needed.

Is this a standard SIP behaviour? (I thought that we always had to
return an ACK).

Thanks,

Gonzalo
-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo         Phone :  +358  9 299 33 71
Oy L M Ericsson Ab        Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
Telecom R&D               Fax   :  +358  9 299 31 18
FIN-02420 Jorvas          Email :  [email-masked]
Finland