Subject: SIP question on Redirect server

From: Vipul Patel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 18:00:00 -0400

I have a SIP Redirect server (it is not intended as a proxy server)
which acts as a registration server also. Should it accept any
registrations with an action of proxy?

If YES,

                (1) should it proxy any incoming requests for the
registered client to the addr in the Contact field of the registration?
OR
                (2) should it redirect any incoming requests for the
registered client to the sender with Contact header popolated with the
addr in the Contact field of the registration? OR
                (3) should it reject any incoming requests for the
registered client?

                OR

                does it not make sense to have solely a SIP Redirect
server?

Vipul

--

Vipul J. Patel
dynamicsoft
200 Executive Drive
West Orange, NJ 07052
mailto:[email-masked]

Office:         + 1 732.741.7244
FAX:            + 1 732.741.4778
www:            http://www.dynamicsoft.com