Subject: RTP encryption under SIP signalling!

From: "Doctor Malek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 15:12:37 +0000

Dear Sirs,

I use a SIP Client and i want to encrypt RTP (first use asymmetric algorithm like RSA for symmetric key encryption then encrypt RTP data with symmetric Algo. like DES) data but it seems that SDP protocol dont supply this !

Is that sinario posible with SDP ?

Can u help me? which protocol setting shall i use? which protocol ?

Best regards,

Dr. Malek

Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 01:15:12 -0500

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-kmgmt-ext-00.txt

-----Original Message-----
From: Doctor Malek [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 10:13 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RTP encryption under SIP signalling!

Dear Sirs,

I use a SIP Client and i want to encrypt RTP (first use asymmetric algorithm
like RSA for symmetric key encryption then encrypt RTP data with symmetric
Algo. like DES) data but it seems that SDP protocol dont supply this !

Best regards, 
Dr. Malek 

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---

From: "Fredrik Lindholm (ERA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 08:52:31 +0100

The scenario you are describing is one of the scenarios that 
have been address lately. To secure an RTP stream, 
the Secure RTP (SRTP) has been proposed and you can find it at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-srtp-02.txt
(this uses of course symmetric encryption, AES is currently 
proposed).

For the key management, MIKEY is one proposed protocol that 
mainly uses a key transport mechanism and that may be carried 
inside SDP. It can be found at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-mikey-00.txt

As Jonathan Rosenberg pointed out, the proposed SDP (and RTSP) 
extensions are specified in: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-kmgmt-ext-00.txt

/Fredrik

> From: Jonathan Rosenberg [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: den 4 december 2001 07:15
> To: 'Doctor Malek'; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: RTP encryption under SIP signalling!
> 
>

---

From: Mark Baugher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 11:50:22 -0800

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-srtp-02.txt

regards, Mark