Subject: [submitted] draft-beser-mmusic-capabilities-00.txt

From: "Burcak Beser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:14:03 -0600

I've just submitted draft-beser-mmusic-capabilities-00.txt which addresses the
seperation of Codec Capabilities from the Media Announcement. The abstract is as
follows:
---
Abstract
 The need for assured communication arisen protocols like RSVP [2] and SBM [3]
 which are linked to access technologies to guarantee the delay and drop
 probabilities of a given IP flow.

 One of the side-effects of the assurance is that when the bandwidth of the IP
 flow goes outside the contracted region then the IP flow will be disturbed and
 the communication will be effected.

 This document discusses the effects of assured communication to SDP protocol,
 identifies the weaknesses and proposes a new attribute to rectify these
 weaknesses.
 ---
 I would like to have some time during the IETF meeting to present/discuss the
 draft.

Burcak Beser
3Com Carrier Systems Group