Subject: H.323 question

From: [email-masked] (Christopher Kang)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 14:50:39 -0400

Hi,

I am studying how the signalling works for IP-Telephony.
I used Microsoft Netmeeting to make a connection and looked at
the actual packets that were passed by two stations.
The environment was simply two windowNT stations in a LAN.

I found that the Setup message was passed from the caller to callee
after callee accepted the call from caller.
I thought the Setup message should be passed first before the callee
accept the call by reading H.323.  What am I missing in here ?

Also, there was no Alert nor Call Proceeding message from callee
to caller after callee received the Setup message.  Callee sent
the Connect message after receiving Setup message. 

Could someone please explain those to me. 

Thank you.

-Chris
____________________________________________________________
Chris S.  Kang          Broadband Data & Switching Platforms
[email-masked]      NYNEX Science and Technology
Tel (914) 644-2968      500 Westchester Ave.
Fax (914) 644-2301      White Plains, NY 10604
____________________________________________________________