Subject: 9/12 Open Issues for draft04

From: Rob Lanphier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 12:36:43 -0700

With Henning out of town and the SDP syntax still in flux, I think we
should defer until Monday on the draft.  Let's get that issue hammered out
so that we can get something in the spec.

Here's the rundown:

      1. Review Changes of the Draft 
         a. Transport-Info field 

Closed (in private discussion)

This field will change to "RTP-Info", which will be substantively the same
as Transport-Info is now, except specific to RTP.  This will reduce
confusion with the "Transport" field (which will remain Transport) and
allow different syntax for different transports, since this is all
genuinely RTP-specific information in this field.

We'll consider reopening this if there is a compelling reason, but for
draft04 purposes, it's closed.

         b & e. 1-1-n & Use of SDP within RTSP
Open.  To be closed on Monday.  I'll send out an updated version of this
later.

         c. PEP-Protocol Extention Protocol 

Closed.  We will bring back the "Require:" field from draft02 for basic
options negotiation.

         d. ANNOUNCE method 

Closed.  It's in to stay.

         f. Sequence number moved to the header fields 

Closed.  We'll move it down to a new field called "CSeq" (control sequence)
in the header.  I'm avoiding calling this "Sequence" because that term is
so overloaded here.  Having a new term will only clash with the word
"seasick", and I don't think that's a commonly used protocol term :)

         g. Port number spec 

Closed.  We'll put the ranges in there, with the understanding that it's
not an excuse to break the RTP model.

      2. New Business 
         a. Allow change of Transport 

Closed.  No.

         b. Release Scheudule 

We're slipping.... Let's pull this in this week.

         c. Interoperability test gathering 

October 16-17 is the set of dates in Seattle.  If you anticipate having
RTSP code running by then and would like to show up, RSVP to me ASAP.  TYVM
(Thank you very much).  More dates to come.

         d. Documentation issues

I never composed a mail on this, so it was never discussed.  However, these
issues were resolved.  We now have a section for minimal complience and a
section for SDP usage in the current doc.
 
Rob

---
Rob Lanphier               Voice: (206)674-2322         Fax: (206)674-2699
Program Manager-Protocols                         Email: [email-masked]
Progressive Networks-Home of RealAudio            Web: http://www.real.com
For more information on firewalls:       http://www.real.com/help/firewall
For more information on RTSP:                     http://www.real.com/rtsp

---
Rob Lanphier               Voice: (206)674-2322         Fax: (206)674-2699
Program Manager-Protocols                         Email: [email-masked]
Progressive Networks-Home of RealAudio            Web: http://www.real.com
For more information on firewalls:       http://www.real.com/help/firewall
For more information on RTSP:                     http://www.real.com/rtsp

---
Rob Lanphier               Voice: (206)674-2322         Fax: (206)674-2699
Program Manager-Protocols                         Email: [email-masked]
Progressive Networks-Home of RealAudio            Web: http://www.real.com
For more information on firewalls:       http://www.real.com/help/firewall
For more information on RTSP:                     http://www.real.com/rtsp